Skagway train weather

AK Dreaming

I have been following the weather for Skagway for my trip the first week of August. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with the bus up and train back, what the difference in temperature is for this trip. Is it much colder as you travel to the Yukon, or about the same?

I have been following the weather for Skagway for my trip the first week of August. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with the bus up and train back, what the difference in temperature is for this trip. Is it much colder as you travel to the Yukon, or about the same?

All of my trips from Skagway to the Yukon seemed to have a 15-degree temperature change, especially at higher altitudes. Of course the winds being stronger in the Yukon could have given me a false impression.

We chose to do the shuttle up and the train back because the mornings tend to be overcast and foggy. As we left Skagway and headed to Carcross, the fog lifted and the sun was shining. The train trip back was a little overcast, but not foggy.