Top Five Reasons You Love MSC vs. Top Five Reasons You Dislike _____ Cruise Line

TheSoccerCoach

I may have mentioned it before in my other post but I'm from America and change tends to scare me a little bit.

Really a few things

1. Not a fan of bathroom door handles, and the less I touch the better

2. The walls going to the floor of the stalls really made me feel closed in

3. No chance of me pulling on a door that is occupied....that can be ackward....men tend not to lock the door when they pee

4. I like to chat while I go

I'm not a man, but I agree with most of your points, especially #1. The fewer things that I have to touch in a restroom, the better.

And, yes, why is it that men don't lock the door??

The majority of MSC's passengers are made up of non-English speaking nationalities - hence fewer participants on this English language forum.

Non-English speaking nationalities....are they also the majority on Caribbean Cruises?

Non-English speaking nationalities....are they also the majority on Caribbean Cruises?

On our July 5th cruise there was a very diverse group on board. But, all of our table mates were from the US. We LOVED the international feel of the ship. There were 32 countries represented on the crew and much diversity amongst our fellow passengers! I would not have had it any other way. If I wanted to vacation with only fellow US peeps, I would have gone to Maine.

As to the diminishing activity on this board. I know, for me, it was easier to be active during the summer. But, school is back in session. I have college residence halls to run, soccer to coach, and tennis teams to advise, not to mention a wife and four daughters to take care of. :-)

On our July 5th cruise there was a very diverse group on board. But, all of our table mates were from the US. We LOVED the international feel of the ship. There were 32 countries represented on the crew and much diversity amongst our fellow passengers! I would not have had it any other way. If I wanted to vacation with only fellow US peeps, I would have gone to Maine.

:-)

Thanks for your response. I also love the international feel and meeting folks from all over! Just wondered if it was much different on a Caribbean cruise vs. a European. I am assuming more Americans on the Caribbean version....it's all good, no matter how it turns out!;)

Thanks for your response. I also love the international feel and meeting folks from all over! Just wondered if it was much different on a Caribbean cruise vs. a European. I am assuming more Americans on the Caribbean version....it's all good, no matter how it turns out!;)

Many many Europeans on the Divina in the Caribbean...of the 9 cruises I've been on with Divina, I would say the overall average was 50% Americans 50% Europeans...and even a higher percentage of Europeans in the Yacht Club. We heard Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish as much as we heard English. It's wonderful!!!

Been following this thread too, as we too considering MSC for first time...what's up with paying for water in main dining room ?...agree not much action on MSC board:eek:

In all our cruises with all lines never had to pay hence the surprise. If it is reasonably priced then it won't be a problem. In my further research I found online a statement to say that if you are American or Canadian then bottled water is provided free in the MDR and if you are European then you have to pay. I will have to start practising my Yankee accent lol. :)

Beamafar- yes I have done the Status match. I am looking forward to trying something different. A change is as good as a rest. :).

We have been looking for a while and the programme swayed us.