Carnival HUB App

lbergero

Hi,

We are cruising on Aug 6, on the Freedom out of Galveston. I just saw about this Carnival Hub App. Has anyone used it? Do you need a Wifi package to use it? I see it has a chat feature. That would be really helpful communicating with my family while on-board. Any thoughts?

Hi,

We are cruising on Aug 6, on the Freedom out of Galveston. I just saw about this Carnival Hub App. Has anyone used it? Do you need a Wifi package to use it? I see it has a chat feature. That would be really helpful communicating with my family while on-board. Any thoughts?

I have not used the HUB app yet, but have read a lot about it. Apparently for the basic app there is no charge, however if you want the chat feature it is $5 per phone that has the app. Whether that is the $5 wi fi package or something else, I don't know. We are looking forward to using it on our next cruise on the Pride. We are traveling with two teenagers so that will be very helpful in keeping track of them.

The app works well. Just used it on the Sunshine. It's $5 for chat (which works fairly well). I bought an internet package for $60 for an 8 night cruise. That was the mid level package that allows you to use social media and email. THere's a higher package that allows you to use all the stuff from the mid package but also allows streaming services.

Service did not work well in the cabin, but was fine in the common areas.

As I understand the HUB app's implementation, you do not need to purchase any internet usage to use the app - even for chat. The app uses the ship's intranet (the network internal to the ship) for all it's features and chat and therefore costs nothing (except the $5 for chat for the entire cruise).

Edited by joepeka

Hi,

I used it on the Vista May 24th sailing. It was a life saver. We had 3 cabins and 7 people in our group initially. As we met people on board we wanted to do things with we added them to our contacts. It was great to be able to communicate and make plans on the fly. It was well worth the $5 per device.

Love love loved the app. Used it on Breeze in May. You do not need internet package. For $5 you have chat between other app users and electronic fun times. I really liked the fun times. Also you can see pictures other app users post, that was fun. No outside internet with the $5. At that time they did not have MDR menus on the app, that was a suggestion I made on my survey. Someone posted you could look at photos from Pixels, but I did not see that.

Edited by wecamp

$5 per device total? Or $5 per device per day?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As already posted.

Basic app is free (access to sail and sign an various ship activities).

Basic app + chat only will cost $5 per device for the cruise not per day.

Hub details

There are then basic packages which start with social media stuff like whatsapp and facebook which is charged daily at $5 - so very specific internet access only.... Each upgrade beyond that is chargeable too.

More details.

Edited by les37b

Someone posted you could look at photos from Pixels, but I did not see that.

At least on the Vista, it's there. We looked at the pictures. They would even post some facial recognition pictures. It made for some very interesting pictures on our app as the software is not always very accurate.