Sweating the Small Stuff

marbat105

I agree with the soda and MDR dressing is silly. That was my point. As long as I can look at the ocean with a cocktail, any kind, and not cook or shop or listen to my boss, its going to be great!

Edited by marbat105

Wondering what your retirement years will look like isn't "the small stuff".

Don't spoil the next ten years of your life worrying abut something that may or may not happen and is not something you can control. Now is not like it was ten years ago and ten years in the future will not be like it is now. You will not have the same wants and needs that you have now either.

I always think this when I'm reading some of the negative reviews. What people get upset about that "ruined the experience" is incredible. You are on a cruise, if you are unhappy, it's YOU.

:eek:

Yeah, I've noticed this as well. A lot of people saying their vacations were "ruined" by what clothes other people wore in the MDR, or because they saw somebody using a fork to stir their coffee.

The closest we ever got to having our vacation "ruined" was when we got a call from my mother-in-law as we were getting on the ship letting us know that she was flying down and would be at our house while we were on the cruise and for a week after. No notice, we were both angry, and it caused a fight when my husband refused to say anything to her about not just inviting herself to our house when we gone.

Even with all that, by the time the ship sailed away we managed to get into full vacation mode and still enjoyed the cruise.

:eek::eek::eek:

That could do it for me!

Edited by Peachy59

You know what I am stage 4 cancer survivor been around an extra 12 years . Been on a number of cruises since that day they told I had the Big C the only thing I sweat now is when they tell me I have to get off go home . :D:D:D

You know what I am stage 4 cancer survivor been around an extra 12 years . Been on a number of cruises since that day they told I had the Big C the only thing I sweat now is when they tell me I have to get off go home . :D:D:D

God Bless! That's what we need. Perspective.

Congratulations! Glad you're still with us! :)

I was on the Freedom a few years ago and sat down at a table on the pool deck that had nobody at it and no belongings there to suggest that they were coming back. It had a glass with melted ice in it. I sat there with my diet Coke and watched the people passing by. A woman came up after about 10 minutes and told me this was her table. I told her I did not know that and she said I could sit there and sat down. She then told me how she hated the ship. For starters, it was too big. She had a list ready that she started on.

It occurred to me that some people don't want to be happy. I wished her a good rest of the day and got up and noticed how many people were having a good time, myself included. :)

I agree, don't sweat the small stuff. I'm going on a cruise and I will enjoy it no matter what! This year willbe tbe first with a premium package and no work, and I plan to enjoy it to the fullest.

Perhaps I should tell my missus that if I ever complain about something she should run and get me a shot! *laughs*

But seriously, if you can't change your surroundings, change how you react to them. That is a good motto to live by

I love your perspective. My DH is also a cancer survivor, and we learned 16 years ago what is really important in life. Quite simply--LIFE!!! Everything really is small stuff. Congrats on your continued good health.

Edited by KeywestK

In addition to the soda, coffee, what other people are wearing, the wine brand drives me crazy. Well I only drink brand x, and they don't serve it on board. Then try something different, you might find a new favorite. One of my favorites I heard was some woman loudly complaining about the free crappy sparkling wine she got as opposed to real champagne.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Perhaps I should tell my missus that if I ever complain about something she should run and get me a shot! *laughs*

y

I love that idea. Hey dear, go get me a shot because that person's shoes are annoying me [emoji1]

The last thing I want to hear on my vacation is a complainer. We run from them.

A few cruises ago we had one at our dinner table. They came every night with a list of complaints. The rest of us at the table where silent and then changed the topic as quickly as possible. By the fourth night they stopped coming and we were all happy.

What a miserable way to live. To never be happy or satisfied.

We think it's a privilege to cruise and vacation at all. And we don't sweat the small stuff.

The last thing I want to hear on my vacation is a complainer. We run from them.

A few cruises ago we had one at our dinner table. They came every night with a list of complaints. The rest of us at the table where silent and then changed the topic as quickly as possible. By the fourth night they stopped coming and we were all happy.

What a miserable way to live. To never be happy or satisfied.

We think it's a privilege to cruise and vacation at all. And we don't sweat the small stuff.

You are quite right. It is a privilege to cruise.

In addition to the soda, coffee, what other people are wearing, the wine brand drives me crazy. Well I only drink brand x, and they don't serve it on board. Then try something different, you might find a new favorite. One of my favorites I heard was some woman loudly complaining about the free crappy sparkling wine she got as opposed to real champagne.

Trying new things! Of course I say that to my kids all the time. Must remember iit myself. I'm s creature of habit.

To me, on a cruise, there is no "small stuff". It's all amazingly wonderfully fantastic !! I love it all....I'm on a cruise!!! Someone not appropriately dressed in the MDR? So what. I dress the way I see fit. As I'm sure they must The free bubbly is not vintage champagne? So what. It's free!! They don't serve my favourite brand of liquor? I'm sure the brands on board are SOMEBODIES favourite. Maybe they could become mine!

At the end of the day...I'm on holiday. How good is that? And to top it off...I'm on holiday and I'm on a cruise!!! Nothing. Nothing at all. AT ALL can spoil that. Mainly because I refuse to let it! It's my cruise. And I will cruise it my way

Hope you all do too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by clyde1509

When we finally board the ship, no complaints. I too survived a major cancer scare 6 yrs ago this coming Sept and guess what, we have 4 cruises planned between July 2017 & April 2018. Now I should worry about the little things that we encounter on a cruise, I think not.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

When we finally board the ship, no complaints. I too survived a major cancer scare 6 yrs ago this coming Sept and guess what, we have 4 cruises planned between July 2017 & April 2018. Now I should worry about the little things that we encounter on a cruise, I think not.

Good for you Gay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The only thing I even slightly sweated on a cruise was a hurricane on our last sailing. But I trust the Captain and the crew and knew they would adjust the course to avoid it and they did!

Just called for another "shot" and it was no big deal!!

Trying new things! Of course I say that to my kids all the time. Must remember iit myself. I'm s creature of habit.

My youngest ds amazed me last cruise, he tried all kinds of new foods. He determined he really likes duck and I've made it a few times for him.

I'm currently in the midst of my third stage 4 cancer experience since 2008. When I cruise the Pacific Coastal aboard the Explorer of the Seas on September 30th, I will have finished 4 of 6 chemo treatments. I jokingly say that, in a less than lucid moment, I inadvertently signed up for the 4 year cancer plan...2008, 2012 and now 2016. I can hardly wait to see what 2020 will bring for me. :D It's all good. At least with the chemo I am currently on, I don't lose my hair. You learn very quickly to deal with what life hands you with grit, determination and humour. :)

Edited by Tinkerbellcgy

To all of you fighting cancer I sincerely wish you the best. Many cruises filled with sunshine and great times. As I have posted recently this is my first vacation in five years as my mom fights the fight against ovarian cancer. We planned this quickly as she is in a good phase. I plan on doing everything and nothing. Talking to everyone and listening to the sea. No complaints no tears not sweating the small stuff.