Transferring beverage package from one passenger to another

newfielover

We are sailing on the Amsterdam next Sunday. My mother inlaw got the Beverage package as a bonus for booking through a travel agency, but is no longer able to drink alcohol due to medical reasons. Can they transfer this to my husbands card? We hate to see it go to waste.

Thanks for any help :)

We are sailing on the Amsterdam next Sunday. My mother inlaw got the Beverage package as a bonus for booking through a travel agency, but is no longer able to drink alcohol due to medical reasons. Can they transfer this to my husbands card? We hate to see it go to waste.

If it was the TA's "gift" to your MiL, the question should be posed to them to see if they can help. If part of a HAL promo like Explore 4, the other poster is correct.

One thing we do with these packages is to stock our mini-frig with soft drinks and beer from purchases using the card. That we we have it available when we want it. When you order from the bar (or even the Explorations Cafe), just tell them to not open the can.

Of course, have your cabin steward empty your mini-frig as soon as you board to avoid confusion.

Unless you booked your cruise with the same TA as your MIL's -- even that agent cannot transfer the Signature Beverage package to either your wife or you.

I usually agree with your posts, but I wonder, before sailing, why the TA couldn't change the beneficiary of a "gifted" package by contacting HAL? Once on board, I agree the rules aren't negotiable.

I can set up a gift amenity for any passenger on any cruise. If I change my mind before sailing, I'd like to think I, as the giver, could cancel or modify my gift. Emphasis on "like to think", as I don't know.

Edited by blizzardboy

Are you, your MIL, and your husband all in the same cabin ? HAL's requirements are that all guests in the same cabin must have the SBP, to eliminate possible sharing. I would think that this could get very sticky for HAL with one guest getting the SBP as a gift and other guests in the same cabin not having the SBP. They do say, in the fine print that all guests in the cabin must have the package, either by getting through Explore-4, or purchasing it outright.