Question about Venice port

Edmontontraveller

The best way to get off the cruise without a ship excursion when you have an older person with you and are wanting to minimize walking and preserve energy.

What is the best method and also we port at 1p.m. what's a realistic time to start St. Mark's square tours?

Venice is a city wherein one is required to walk as no cars are allowed once you cross the bridge from the mainland into the Venice lagoon.

If you wish to minimize walking, my advice would be to book the Alilaguna from the cruise port to St. Marks.

Lots of great information on this site:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-cruises.htm

You can also take the people mover from the Marittima over to Piazzale Roma & then catch the vaporetto to St. Marks but this would require a walk to the people mover & the walk might be significant for an "older person".

The more expensive option would be a water taxi from cruise port over to St. Marks.

Edited by dogs4fun

According to your roll calls, I believe you're on the Eurodam for 24 days with an overnight in Venice...right? If so, HAL will likely provide a water shuttle between the port and Piazza San Marco at a nominal cost.

If you were able to take the first shuttle, you'd probably make a 2:30 tour. Having said that, I wouldn't cut it that close. Schedule your tour later on the first day or late morning on the second day. The ship doesn't sail until 4:00 on day two.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png