Freedom of the Seas Oct. 30th

Hello everyone we just booked the Oct. 30th cruise on the Freedom of the Seas. I've been searching to find any info on this cruise. I have a few questions.

Do they do any thing special for Halloween and what happens if it falls on the formal night.

Will there be one or two formal nights?

Are there any compass for the five night cruises?

I saw something about wearing all white, will that happen on this cruise?

Lastly, we are in room 1802 has anyone cruised in this stateroom and what did you think?

Thanks so much for taking the time to read!

MadamG2U

I'll take a shot at a couple of them. Not on Freedom but I was on a cruise when Halloween occurred on formal night. People who brought costumes wore them to dinner and joined those in formal wear.

Freedom traditionally has two formal nights, but that is for seven nights.

Edited by Royal2464

We were on Freedom on Halloween in 2014. I am not a big Halloween fan so avoided the activities. They did decorate the ship and there was a parade. Many people had some pretty elaborate costumes. I don't remember if it was formal night or not.

Since your itinerary is "Unique", and its a shorter cruise, and its Halloween week, AND Halloween is on your usual formal night.. A lot of the rules are out the window.

Usually some will skip the formal and go right into costumes for dinner. Halloween really is a fun night to cruise. One of my favorites! Usually they have a costume parade through the promenade.

Also, because it is a unique itinerary and I believe day 3 is your Sea Day... they COULD move formal night to day 3 and have costumes day 2. Not the traditional thing to do, but it wouldn't be unheard of.

Have fun on the cruise! I wanted to do that one because I love cruising Halloween and it's Freedom's last Port Canaveral cruise, but won't be able to do a Halloween cruise this year due to work scheduling conflicts.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

Wait not returning to where we left? I've already purchased parking. Does anyone know if this is true?

MadamG2U

I'm trying to verify what is going to happen. The issue is that she returns on Friday, and Majesty does as well. She will leave on your cruise from T1, but she may come back to 5 or 6. T10 would be a long shot since it is being renovated for NCL.

This has happened before when Explorer was here in 2014/2015. If your car is at T1 they will bus you back. If your off-site, it doesn't matter

Edited by John&LaLa

Wait not returning to where we left? I've already purchased parking. Does anyone know if this is true?

MadamG2U

When the ship returns to Port Canaveral on Friday you may or may not return to terminal 1. If you dock at a different terminal Royal will have shuttles availabile to take you to the parking garage. If you are using off site parking they will pick you up at the new terminal.

• 2 weeks later...

Two of my friends and I are doing the 5-day Halloween cruise this year. I was on the Freedom two years ago for the Halloween cruise too and we had a super time! The ship was decorated and the party on the Royal Promenade was a hoot!

You'll see everything from Wal-Mart costumes to ones that must have cost a pretty penny. It's a festive time for sure, regardless of what you wear!

I can't wait to get back onboard the Freedom...I love that ship and her marvelous cruise. Being that is will be the Halloween cruise is just icing on the cake...or frost on the pumpkin!

Edited by copnlpn2