Taxi/Uber NYC to Cape Liberty

Moo_Cruiser

Ditto. Add in the possible aggravation of getting yourselves and your luggage to the correct meeting place in Manhattan and actually finding the bus. Get yourselves to Cape Liberty early instead of arriving with the big crush of people.

You don't wait for the bus to get full. There is a host in the Hilton lobby that you are instructed to check in with. Bus gets there, host walks you to it, load the people up and leave.

Bus left at 11am from Manhattan, the time we arrived there was absolutely no line inside the terminal.

Hop off the bus, you don't take your luggage but you do identify it and take the tracking tag.

I was on ship within minutes of getting off the bus.

Only down side of the rccl transfer is luggage, if you don't stay at Hilton and don't feel you can manage it from where you plan to stay.

Just my 2 cents - I priced the trip on our favorite, Carmel and they are showing a $47 base fare quote for the trip from Time Sq, NYC to Cape Liberty next April on a weekday morning, subtract a typical $3 online discount code (printed coupon needed for handing to the driver) - looking at a total of about $73 to $75 max with 20% tipping/tolls, depending on routing. Difference with ship's bus transfer: about the price of a regular cup of Starbuck coffee in Manhattan.

Unlike bus transfers, car service will take you - directly - hotel curbside to pier's building curbside for dropoff, without crossing the streets & avenues of midtown Manhattan ... for X number of city blocks. Early April in NYC can be nice & cool as in early Spring, or it can also be a bit chilly with rain/shower ... skip the coffee and take the car service route, it's a no brainer.

With Uber, I don't believe you can do a mock booking for a price - their "ride-sharing" model is based on real-time availability and subject to surge pricing; and, getting to CL without getting lost can be a trick for the driver.

Good luck to OP in whatever you choose, AOS is very nice as one of our nieces and her group of friends sailed it earlier this year.

Side story, personal (skip it but read for fun) - the one and only time that I rode Uber in NYC (recently) was a paid trip on one of my client's account, nice & new Toyota Camry, friendly young driver as advertised - coming from downtown Tribeca/City Hall area to N.E. Queens (past LGA airport) - his first day (evening) driving and I was his "third" rider - glancing at his Waze style GPS/Uber App for direction for my dropoff as he tried to be friendly ... almost got lost after my highway exit ramp, as there was overnight construction ahead & he was about to go around in circles, absolutely clueless of his whereabouts. Now, imagine if you're riding Uber with this driver, Mr. Nice to Cape Liberty & both of you only had Google Maps with the ship sighted in the distance.

• 3 weeks later...
Please let us know what you find out. It could be very helpful to other Cape Liberty cruisers- how to get from Manhattan to CL is a popular question with no optimal answer and lots of opportunity for an out-of-towner to make a poor choice.

I need transportation FROM CL to a hotel in Manhatten ( near Madison Square). Suggestions? Would prefer to pre-arrange something. You are so knowledgable! Thank you

I need transportation FROM CL to a hotel in Manhatten ( near Madison Square). Suggestions? Would prefer to pre-arrange something. You are so knowledgable! Thank you

Book a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo for this trip.

You don't wait for the bus to get full. There is a host in the Hilton lobby that you are instructed to check in with. Bus gets there, host walks you to it, load the people up and leave.

Bus left at 11am from Manhattan, the time we arrived there was absolutely no line inside the terminal.

Hop off the bus, you don't take your luggage but you do identify it and take the tracking tag.

I was on ship within minutes of getting off the bus.

Only down side of the rccl transfer is luggage, if you don't stay at Hilton and don't feel you can manage it from where you plan to stay.

Hi all

Just an update re the RCCL transfer option, I rang RCCL and they said the transfers are only available to those who stay in a pre cruise hotel booked through RCCL.

Thanks again for all the info, this will be a big help to cruisers.

We will be booking a private car transfer.

Cheers

Amanda

Hi all

Just an update re the RCCL transfer option, I rang RCCL and they said the transfers are only available to those who stay in a pre cruise hotel booked through RCCL.

Thanks again for all the info, this will be a big help to cruisers.

We will be booking a private car transfer.

Cheers

Amanda

Nice:)