Do you keep data on your cruises?

kandj05

As soon as we book a cruise, I start a document on my computer titled with the date and ship. I record the cruise dates and daily itinerary, booking number, price paid, cabin type and number, payment dates and amounts, excursions booked [including times for some reason!] and the prices.

I include our budget for the entire trip, including the cruise, the airfare, hotels, travel expenses like meals and shuttles, spending money, etc. I add notes when I find information from reviews about ports, the ship, excursions, etc. I record the hotels we book for pre-cruise stays, including prices.

I now have ten documents saved on my computer for the past ten vacations we have taken, usually one per year. I love looking back at them! It's also good when you think, what was the name of that hotel we loved in Fort Lauderdale so we can stay there again. Or, what did we do in Cozumel last time? Or whatever.

Thanks, ColoradoGurl

I have kids, grandkids and friends all very technology up to date. They still rely on my records. They all make fun of me, but sure ask when they have been too lazy or just sure they can remember everything they need. They just know I have the details.

I wish I could begin to rely on my phone or iPad, but I'm just scared.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I start a new computer file for every cruise which includes everything pertaining to the cruise including invoices, hints from CC boards, hotel information, any show/dinner reservations and recommendations and my "to do" list before the cruise, on embarkation day, etc.

Keep separate computer files for all the ports we are going to. I update these before visiting a port on future cruises.

Also have a separate cruise packing list.

Always write reviews of my trip for Cruise Critic and keep copies on my computer as well. (You can always go to CC though to see all your past reviews)

I used to carry scads of paperwork with me on my cruises, but now just transfer the above computer files to use on my phone and laptop, making files accessible offline so I don't have to pay for internet access onboard.

Although I have file folders with varying amounts of material from each cruise, I have a simple Excel document on the computer. It lists Cruise line, ship, date, number of nights, who traveled with me, type of cabin and departure port. Plus one space for exceptional items, such as ''free upgrade" or special occasion.

It is done is date order, and starts with '1' and continues. Up to 34 now.