Hertz Port Canaveral-AVOID!!

rausda27

We rented 2 vehicles to get our group from Port Canaveral back to MCO. I called from the Bahamas the day before we were scheduled to return to confirm the pickup process. I was told shuttles run all morning and to simply get on the Hertz shuttle and they will transport to the location. Sounded good. Disembarked and went straight to the pickup location. Enterprise and Avis shuttles came and went and no Hertz, so I called. Was told that the shuttle left 10 minutes prior. Waited and Waited, 95 degree FL heat and still no shuttle. Called after 20 minutes and was told shuttle on the way. Enterprise and Avis shuttles #2 came and went, still no Hertz. Now its been close to an hour. I see a Hertz shuttle headed to Disney, great, we are Carnival. Called again, was told shuttle on the way to Carnival. 10 minutes later a van, not a shuttle bus shows up. It loads of 3 renters, and leaves 5 or so families stranded. We were on the way to location and the misery would soon be over. Nope. Arrive at location and the line is out the door. We finally get inside and there is ONE person working the counter, who is also the runner and brings the cars up. Ridiculous. The line stops moving. After 20 minutes or so, someone finally loses it and asks whats going on. The counter person says they don't have any cars. They are waiting for returns. Wonderful! A few people leave the line and call cabs. We stick it out. We finally get to the counter. Its almost noon, we arrived at the pickup location at 0845. Our 9am reservation is finally picked up her three hours later...NEVER AGAIN!!! Do not use Hertz at Cape Canaveral, they obviously are not staffed or competant enough to handle cruise ship arrivals. I asked the guy, you know two ships were coming in today right? He said yeah, but apparently the location doesn't mind making you wait. I would use Enterprise or Avis if you plan on picking up from the port. They at least got their customers to the location in a much quicker fashion!

Very much my same experience the one time we used Hertz in PC. Only one person working the whole lot and counter. Our prepaid full size never became available. He eventually told us the only car they had was a Benz and that if we wanted it, it would cost over $300 for the day not even offering a credit for the $65 prepay. "Call the 800 number if you want to complain." We took it and called the main number on the drive to Orlando. Basically, were told too bad. This is the reason we use a credit card with super customer service during travel. We submitted the info to the bank and they charged back $326 and the $65 to Hertz. We no longer use Hertz anywhere.

Edited by Davey Wavey