Cirque Dreams On Hold Breakaway

jjikids

I spoke to a supervisor at NCL today about a problem with our October reservation for Cirque. She read me a memo she had received that all reservations are on hold for any cruises on the Breakaway and the Epic for after September 9 2016. Passengers are asked to check back later. She had no idea what was going on.

I told her I had seen some posts about the Epic and somebody mentioned the Breakaway on Cruise Critic. She said she was very aware of Cruise Critic. I told her I would post what she said for everyone here. I asked why NCL cannot let their passengers know. She said there would be too many people to inform. Not a very good answer in my opinion. I said it would be very easy to post it on their website. I said this is not a good way to treat their passengers.

Unfortunately there have been too many bad decisions by Norwegian lately. This just adds to all the other issues.

We are on the Breakaway sailing on 9/4 thru 9/11. I also called and was told that Cirque was not available after 9/9, but when I asked if it could be booked earlier in the cruise, she said it was not available to book online, but we would have to check once we were on the cruise. So we will have to wait and see once we are on board.

It's call contract negotiations. Anyone who has done any type of negotiations knows that it would not be beneficial to advertise the day-by-day, blow-by-blow status of your negotiations to thousands and thousands of passengers.

It would be a big blow to both the cruise line and the brand to part ways.

It's call contract negotiations. Anyone who has done any type of negotiations knows that it would not be beneficial to advertise the day-by-day, blow-by-blow status of your negotiations to thousands and thousands of passengers.

It would be a big blow to both the cruise line and the brand to part ways.

With all due respect, in the hospitality and travel industry, you don't subject your patrons to matters occurring behind the manager's door. If this is some "blink contest" being inflicted upon fares because of a supplier problem, then it is classless. NCLH should exercise much better command over contract talent.

The issue is that the Cirque is still being advertised as an entertainment venue on both the Epic and the Breakaway. You then book your cruise and find that it is not available. That is why I felt something should be listed that it is a temporary hold ( if it is temporary) instead of upsetting so many people. If it wasn't for Cruise Critic, I would not even have asked.

With all due respect, in the hospitality and travel industry, you don't subject your patrons to matters occurring behind the manager's door. If this is some "blink contest" being inflicted upon fares because of a supplier problem, then it is classless. NCLH should exercise much better command over contract talent.

Don't know what work you do in real life, but you don't "command" people to do anything. Cirque is at the end of their initial contract on the Breakaway. We can only speculate that they are "demanding" terms which would either make the show unfavorable to the passengers (e.g., fewer performances) or cost prohibitive (e.g., more performance with two full set of performers). Or just more money. In any case, it appears that the cruise line is holding the shows on both ships (Breakaway and Epic) until "something" happens.

Cirque should have signed a new contract for the Epic last fall at the end of their first 5 years on that ship. This was the point where both the Blue Man Group and Legends in Concert where not renewed, while Cirque continued on. These are not NCL employees. These are syndicated shows that contract to be on the cruise line.

Don't know what work you do in real life, but you don't "command" people to do anything. Cirque is at the end of their initial contract on the Breakaway. We can only speculate that they are "demanding" terms which would either make the show unfavorable to the passengers (e.g., fewer performances) or cost prohibitive (e.g., more performance with two full set of performers). Or just more money. In any case, it appears that the cruise line is holding the shows on both ships (Breakaway and Epic) until "something" happens.

Cirque should have signed a new contract for the Epic last fall at the end of their first 5 years on that ship. This was the point where both the Blue Man Group and Legends in Concert where not renewed, while Cirque continued on. These are not NCL employees. These are syndicated shows that contract to be on the cruise line.

Ha! "Demanding terms" ... this is business and the talent is a commodity. At the point that negotiations have impacted customers, NCLH has epically failed.

I spoke to a supervisor at NCL today about a problem with our October reservation for Cirque. She read me a memo she had received that all reservations are on hold for any cruises on the Breakaway and the Epic for after September 9 2016. Passengers are asked to check back later. She had no idea what was going on.

I told her I had seen some posts about the Epic and somebody mentioned the Breakaway on Cruise Critic. She said she was very aware of Cruise Critic. I told her I would post what she said for everyone here. I asked why NCL cannot let their passengers know. She said there would be too many people to inform. Not a very good answer in my opinion. I said it would be very easy to post it on their website. I said this is not a good way to treat their passengers.

Unfortunately there have been too many bad decisions by Norwegian lately. This just adds to all the other issues.

I hope it is being replaced with something good, on the Epic.

I'm usually not one of the NCL complainers but could they please just not change something again for like 5 minutes? As soon as everyone gets to like something and want to try it again, they take it away or charge more for it or make something that was free for-fee. I appreciate their free packages that they give away but still....

I'm usually not one of the NCL complainers but could they please just not change something again for like 5 minutes? As soon as everyone gets to like something and want to try it again, they take it away or charge more for it or make something that was free for-fee. I appreciate their free packages that they give away but still....

Contracts expire. What are they supposed to do? Pretend they don't? That would be dumb.

Contracts expire. What are they supposed to do? Pretend they don't? That would be dumb.

It is still available to book for October

it is under entertainment, if it is not

available for any months booking

it could be that it is sold out.

We're is this info about contracts

coming from?

You're missing the argument. The customer should never see the seams (how something is made, breaks in continuity, etc.). Did NCL not know the contract was expiring? They can't contract with something else or with others in advance? "The contract is ending" is never an excuse for disruption. But if a change is coming, then NCL's mistake is not releasing the info sooner as to what changes will come.

You're missing the argument. The customer should never see the seams (how something is made, breaks in continuity, etc.). Did NCL not know the contract was expiring? They can't contract with something else or with others in advance? "The contract is ending" is never an excuse for disruption. But if a change is coming, then NCL's mistake is not releasing the info sooner as to what changes will come.

Perhaps the problem lies with the production company, or the agents, or the talent? Without FACTS it seems it would be hard to point a finger.

This is too funny, it is still avalible to book for

our October cruise, look under entertainment

not dinner, I love how everyone is jumping

to conclusion without any facts, and already

getting all bend out shape over nothing!

we'll see you there! i wasnt planning on seeing the cirque show but I certainly understand some of the frustration from anyone who was interested only to find out shortly before sailing that the show is perhaps not an option anymore.

Yes I can understand the frustration

but it is still avalible, and if it is

not because it is sold out, then it

is not NCL's fault but the cruisers

fault for not booking soon enough.

There is limited space, and when it

sells out, it will no longer show

on the NCL site.

This is too funny, it is still avalible to book for

our October cruise, look under entertainment

not dinner, I love how everyone is jumping

to conclusion without any facts, and already

getting all bend out shape over nothing!

I understand that, but something is definitely up. The Magic Show on the Getaway is under a stop-sale for September also. The agents at NCL did not know anything about it, just that they couldn't sell the show anymore.

Exactly . Since when does NCL care about changing passenger terms at the last moment . They should take the reservations while they bargain . If things work out good , no issues . If not they can give two weeks notice and claim Cirque is out for security reasons .

I understand that, but something is definitely up. The Magic Show on the Getaway is under a stop-sale for September also. The agents at NCL did not know anything about it, just that they couldn't sell the show anymore.

The Gataway has been charterd out for the

Olympics, for 40 days. Maybe they are just

playing it safe right now before opening it

back up for bookings in September .

What is the basis for all this rumor and conjecture about contracts expiring or being negotiated? Just curious if this is fact or speculation. I would imagine an NCL rep would not divulge that information to a customer on the phone.

The point is, NCL should have their sh** together ahead of time and have a backup plan in place, and advertise what the alternative is. So unprofessional to have one of their MAJOR entertainment and dining venues mysteriously vanish for no known reason with no substitute. It would not surprise me if those who were able to book the show during the time it's cancelled according to the rep end up having their reservations cancelled. With the friendly little memo in your cabin when you arrive.