Loyalty discount ?

Soca Queen

It's a mysterious and ephemeral thing. We got it once. Don't know why, it just appeared. It was not the Captains Club one cat upgrade, that isn't really a discount. I was an actual line item discount off the cruise price. That was about three years ago and it hasn't appeared since

The loyalty discount is available when booking the current Endless Summer Caribbean sailings on Equinox. It's a $125 per person discount on the cruise fare, available to Captain's Club members regardless of tier levels. We received it when we booked, and it was a nice, unexpected surprise.

I have no idea if there is any logic behind when it's available (newly released itineraries, perhaps?) nor whether it's always the same amount.

Edited by [g]cruiserke

We were booking on board. We received the regular perks such as the OBC and one category upgrade. Then the reservationist stated "You guys just got a Loyalty Discount". I believe it was $100. She mentioned that it just seems to show up on occasion.

Just because you guys had me confused (I've never see the discount), I logged in to My Celebrity and did a mock booking for my 2017 cruise.

I DID get a $125 per person discount off the "Original Fare" (it showed up in the Summary of Charges). The issue is that the fare with the discount is still $100pp more than I paid for the cruise through a TA. Plus, I got an additional $350 OBC from the TA. The loyalty discount may be like my Shareholder's credit......I'll never be able to use it. :(

I know that many like to book direct, but $550 will buy me a lot of 'goodies' aboard!

BUT, it is nice to know that if I DO book through X, they offer the loyalty discount....it might be worth it at some point, so I will not disregard it!!

BUT, it is nice to know that if I DO book through X, they offer the loyalty discount....it might be worth it at some point, so I will not disregard it!!

You don't have to book directly with Celebrity to be eligible for the discount, we have a TA and still got the Loyalty Discount. Now, if your TA's rate is lower than a direct Celebrity quote, that may be a special rate like a group booking and that might disqualify you from also getting the extra discount. If I were you I'd ask my TA if you can get the Loyalty Discount applied.

Just because you guys had me confused (I've never see the discount), I logged in to My Celebrity and did a mock booking for my 2017 cruise.

I DID get a $125 per person discount off the "Original Fare" (it showed up in the Summary of Charges). The issue is that the fare with the discount is still $100pp more than I paid for the cruise through a TA. Plus, I got an additional $350 OBC from the TA. The loyalty discount may be like my Shareholder's credit......I'll never be able to use it. :(

I know that many like to book direct, but $550 will buy me a lot of 'goodies' aboard!

Tell your TA... They should be able to call X on your behalf and get it for you.

Steve

We booked Equinox 10/27/17 with TA and got Loyalty discount, all 4 perks and more $$$ from TA.

cruiserke;50653693']The loyalty discount is available when booking the current Endless Summer Caribbean sailings on Equinox. It's a $125 per person discount on the cruise fare' date=' available to Captain's Club members regardless of tier levels. We received it when we booked, and it was a nice, unexpected surprise.

I have no idea if there is any logic behind when it's available (newly released itineraries, perhaps?) nor whether it's always the same amount.[/quote']

Has anybody received a loyalty discount on a Repositioning cruise?

Always pays to read the "fine print". Here is the explanation of the Loyalty discount on the Equinox cruises. I booked an Aqua cabin, so it didn't apply.

Endless Summer Loyalty Savings Offer includes stateroom category upgrade (on select Caribbean sailings only), reduced deposit, and Go Best amenities. Cruise must be booked July 19 - August 31, 2016 (the âOffer Periodâ). Offer applies to select 7-night and longer Celebrity Equinox cruises departing April 24 â November 6, 2017. Offer is applicable to Captainâs Club members at Classic level and above and savings is per stateroom and amount varies by sailing. A valid membership number must be provided at time of booking. New members may book onboard without a membership number but must provide membership number by October 3, 2016.

Upgrade Offer: To redeem, book a veranda X or 2D stateroom at an ocean view 08 or Y category price; offer applicable to select Caribbean sailings only.

Always pays to read the "fine print". Here is the explanation of the Loyalty discount on the Equinox cruises. I booked an Aqua cabin, so it didn't apply.

Endless Summer Loyalty Savings Offer includes stateroom category upgrade (on select Caribbean sailings only), reduced deposit, and Go Best amenities. Cruise must be booked July 19 - August 31, 2016 (the “Offer Periodâ€). Offer applies to select 7-night and longer Celebrity Equinox cruises departing April 24 – November 6, 2017. Offer is applicable to Captain’s Club members at Classic level and above and savings is per stateroom and amount varies by sailing. A valid membership number must be provided at time of booking. New members may book onboard without a membership number but must provide membership number by October 3, 2016.

Upgrade Offer: To redeem, book a veranda X or 2D stateroom at an ocean view 08 or Y category price; offer applicable to select Caribbean sailings only.

Booked the 11/6/17 sailing through my big online agency. Got C2 for the price of C3 plus all percs mentioned above. ta's price matched X's website (plus ta threw in extra obc).

In addition dw and I each received $125 loyalty promotion. Not complaining of course, but just don't see where that is spelled out above (or anywhere else). Would love to know if it is available on any other sailings besides the new Equinox caribbean ones.

I knew we were getting an AQ1 cabin for the price of an AQ2 when we booked the Equinox deal. It was coincidental that I was on the phone with my TA when I looked at our confirmation that showed the $250 loyalty credit. It was one of those stupid moments - I'm saying "whaaaa?" and he's saying "I know, it's just something they're doing". It must be per cabin. My sister, who is sailing solo (and paying for two people) is getting the same total discount. Usually, she gets the short end of the stick on these things.

well, I guess *I* don't rate.....:(

Apparently the "special inventory" cabin rate that we got is not combineable with the Loyalty Discount. I went round and round with the TA, but they said that we got "such a good deal" that they can't give us the additional discount (even though our rate is only $50 cheaper than if we went through X).

X says that the loyalty discount is built in to the group rate offered by the TA.....so everyone gets it even if they've never sailed with X before.

and there ya go..........

Just received an email from X touting "Caribbean is Best" sale.

Looks like all Caribbean sailings between 11/1 and 12/31/16 get Go Best + reduced deposit when booking cc, aq or suite. Sounds very much like the Equinox deal.

Wonder if loyalty discounts apply as well.

Is this different to the discount you get for being a Captains Club Member, Elite etc ? Is it only added when the cruise is booked whilst onboard ?

I used to see it on Cunard all the time. On Celebrity, what I usually see is a slightly better accommodation each time. We normally book a guarantee & notice each time it's in a "slightly" nicer area. No upgrade, just a better area. Usually more "midship".