Explore 4 perk - three in cabin - experience/advice?

fann1sh

I booked September in Alaska Nieuw Amsterdam cruise before the last Explore 4 expired and got:

"Explore 4 - Free Beverage Package, Free Pinnacle Grill dinner and more

Valid new bookings only for a limited time. Explore4 includes a free Signature Beverage Package, Free Pinnacle Grill dinner and free or reduced rates for 3rd/4th guests"

Third person cruise fare was "free".

Passenger 1 and 2 are happy to get the drink package, but passenger 3 is an adult who cannot drink alcohol, and doesn't want to pay for the drinks package.

I'm sure HAL expected 3rd guest to be a child.

Do I poke this by calling Ship's Services and ask what to expect?

Or, should I let sleeping dogs lie and hope two of us get the package, and pax 3 isn't billed?

Thanks for the benefit of your experience or advice.

Since no one replied, I went ahead and poked at this - and I'm glad I did.

While normally pax 3 would have to buy the signature beverage package if pax 1 and 2 bought it? Because this is a promotion, it's not necessary.

This board isn't easy to search - I did search before I posted - so I hope this thread helps someone else.

The SBP as part of the Explore4 goes to Passenger 1 and Passenger 2 on the trip. Passenger 3 is left out. On all the trips with Explore4 my DD would get my card to get her soda. One thing you could try to do is ask your agent or HAL to move the adult that does not drink to Passenger 3 and the other member to the Passenger 2 slot. When the SBP is loaded, it will go to 1 and 2 automatically.

The SBP as part of the Explore4 goes to Passenger 1 and Passenger 2 on the trip. Passenger 3 is left out. On all the trips with Explore4 my DD would get my card to get her soda. One thing you could try to do is ask your agent or HAL to move the adult that does not drink to Passenger 3 and the other member to the Passenger 2 slot. When the SBP is loaded, it will go to 1 and 2 automatically.

Are you aware that you were breaking the rules by allowing your DD to use your card to get sodas?

The rules are simple -- no sharing.

I did this promo last year with 3.

Pax 1 and 2 free Explore 4, third did NOT have to buy the drink package.

At booking we made sure the drinkers were listed first and second.

The ONLY downside was that the 3rd person didn't get double cruise point credit ( we were in a suite) and she was the person who really wanted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think exceptions are made sometimes. About 2 years ago we went on a cruise with some of my husband's siblings. One of his sisters invited a friend along to share her cabin. There was a promotion going on at that time where the 3rd & 4th person in the cabin was free, so she invited a third friend alone. She and the third person bought the SBP, the second friend does not drink, so HAL exempted her.