FTTF Sold out?

kheilmann

I am travelling on the Carnival Miracle August 13-20. We have two staterooms, one is a suite so it automatically gets VIP privileges. I planned to buy FTTF for the other stateroom so that we can all get VIP treatment together. I just went online to buy it and I see that it is sold out for my cruise! I am soooo bummed. Does anyone know if they ever made additional FTTF passes available? For my future planning, how far in advance does this usually sell out?

I am travelling on the Carnival Miracle August 13-20. We have two staterooms, one is a suite so it automatically gets VIP privileges. I planned to buy FTTF for the other stateroom so that we can all get VIP treatment together. I just went online to buy it and I see that it is sold out for my cruise! I am soooo bummed. Does anyone know if they ever made additional FTTF passes available? For my future planning, how far in advance does this usually sell out?

This close to sail date it would be highly unusual for FTTF to be made available. Sorry. I believe the time frame for availability can be anywhere from 18 to 8 months in advance - others here may have different experiences - with FTTF occasionally being made available not long after final payment due to cancellations.

Edited by joepeka

Which VIP privileges were important to you? Because in all actuality, you receive MORE benefits with FTTF than the Suite with the exception on where you go to board. The Suites go to the Priority area and FTTF stays down with everyone else so you wouldn't be boarding with them anyway unless you stayed with them in the general area which you can still do.

This goes over FTTF benefits. It also says what is included for Suite Guests:

Here's what the program includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes and express boarding lane. This is only available on embarkation day. If you arrive after general boarding has begun, you may bypass the general boarding line and board via the Faster to the Fun lane.

Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests as well as guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will have access to the Priority Check-In Lounge and proceed on board before FTTF guests.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Priority Luggage

While we process thousands of bags, FTTF luggage will receive priority delivery.

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone and line at Guest Services.

Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to. When ready to go ashore, if not on a Carnival shore excursion, present yourself at the Guest Services Desk.

Debarkation Choices

We are always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Things to Remember

The FTTF price is not per person. One ticket per stateroom covers all occupants of the stateroom so only one guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. For guests traveling with companions in separate staterooms, one FTTF package must be purchased by each stateroom for guests to board through the Faster to the Fun lane.

FTTF can only be purchased prior to the cruise; no al a carte services can be purchased onboard. FTTF generally opens for sale 6 to 18 months prior to the cruise. Cruise departures in 2018 will be open for sale some time between April and June 2017.

After purchasing the FTTF package, guests will need to re-print their boarding pass and luggage tags so the Faster to the Fun stamp reflects on the documents.

Check-In typically begins at approximately 11:00am but may vary by port. The boarding process (for all guests) starts at the published time provided in the documents as long as the debarkation process from the previous cruise has ended

A Few Facts on Faster to the Fun

VIFP Diamond and Platinum members and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are the only guests to have access to the Priority Check-In Lounge at embarkation. FTTF guests will not have this benefit so embarkation will not be impacted in the Priority Check-In Lounge.

Similar to airlines boarding first class and then elite frequent flyers, etc., we will start with VIFP Diamond and Platinum members, followed by guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations and then FTTF guests.

The number of people who may purchase the FTTF package will be capacity controlled based upon the number of VIFP Diamond and Platinum members booked on the sailing.

Keep checking often.

Don't give up hope! I messaged fttf department because my cruise was sold out, and I recieved a message on Friday for my Sunday Departure that we were in.

What number did you use to message the FTTF dept?

TIA

And, how long ago. It's my understanding that the email address no longer works. FttFinfo@carnival.com

Good question.

I purchased FTTF just a month out on my last cruise. I was probably really lucky but I would keep looking, and will keep looking for my current booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And, how long ago. It's my understanding that the email address no longer works. FttFinfo@carnival.com

We just booked our cruise 29 days ago and we sail 1 month from today. FTTF has been sold out since booking.

I email this address stating that I booked late and mentioned that I was interested in FTTF. Here is the auto reply that I just received.

"Greetings Funseeker!

Interested in getting the FUN started early? We can’t blame you. Your email has been received and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. We will usually respond within 7 to 10 days to general questions. If you are looking to purchase FTTF for a sold out sailing, we’ll keep your information on hand in the order it is received. In the event of a cancellation, you will be notified. Due to the popularity of this program, we will only notify you if space becomes available.

Thanks for your interest in our Faster to the Fun program. Most importantly, we look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!"

Here is what I got back---- FttFinfo@carnival.com

Greetings Funseeker!

Interested in getting the FUN started early? We can’t blame you. Your email has been received and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. We will usually respond within 7 to 10 days to general questions. If you are looking to purchase FTTF for a sold out sailing, we’ll keep your information on hand in the order it is received. In the event of a cancellation, you will be notified. Due to the popularity of this program, we will only notify you if space becomes available.

Thanks for your interest in our Faster to the Fun program. Most importantly, we look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

We just booked our cruise 29 days ago and we sail 1 month from today. FTTF has been sold out since booking.

I email this address stating that I booked late and mentioned that I was interested in FTTF. Here is the auto reply that I just received.

"Greetings Funseeker!

Thanks for your interest in our Faster to the Fun program. Most importantly, we look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!"

I received the same email for my last cruise. Although I never received any email back other than this one, I was able to purchase FTTF through Carnival. So, if space became availability, shouldn't they have contacted people that were sent the email before making it available to the general population?

I received the same email for my last cruise. Although I never received any email back other than this one, I was able to purchase FTTF through Carnival. So, if space became availability, shouldn't they have contacted people that were sent the email before making it available to the general population?

That would assume they maintain some sort of waiting list and I don't think that's the case. If this is sold out and you want it, open a browser window, go to my cruise manage and the excursions and leave it open. Every time you think about it, refresh the window. If it pops up as being available, buy it on the spot. Yeah, if you can't do this you're at a disadvantage.

Suites only get Priority Embark and Debark according to the Cabin Amenities page on carnival.com

Long Beach is a different port. The Dome isn't open until all previous pax are thru the building.

Check in starts at 9:30 in front of the Dome. Doors open around 11:30. Waiting is done outside, under the pavilions, seating on the planters. FTTF has it's own line.

Suites/Diamond/Platinum check in at the Little Building, after checking in its best to wait outside as the building only seats 20.

When the doors open all priority pax go to the extreme right line, once inside crossing over to the open doors to the left. All others go to the right once inside. The priority pax do not have to go thru the priority line or go thru priority security, they can go thru with you.

If you arrive after 11:30, the Suite pax will still check in at the Little Building and the regular pax will go to the Dome. There are two benches after security where they can wait for you.

Gotta give Carnival props....FTTF may be Carnivals single greatest marketing tool that they have ever come up with....think about it, they have so ingrained this gimmick, that you have people who at least say "I wont sail without it"....LOL....You going to give up a cruise vacation costing roughly $2000-$3000 because of a $60 item....that is friggin brilliant on their part!!!!

Edited by First and Ten

Gotta give Carnival props....FTTF may be Carnivals single greatest marketing tool that they have ever come up with....think about it, they have so ingrained this gimmick, that you have people who at least say "I wont sail without it"....LOL....You going to give up a cruise vacation costing roughly $2000-$3000 because of a $60 item....that is friggin brilliant on their part!!!!

I don't think people are willing to lose that amount of money for FTTF, of course that's crazy.

But I do think people would reschedule or even upgrade to a suite for certain perks offered in FTTF.

For me, getting on early with literally hours to have the ship fairly empty is of high value. I knock down the slides so I don't have to worry about lines in the week, that's 1 thing down without a line. We grab burgers, settle in the room, explore the ship and start drinking all with empty halls and no hassle. It's a great value for $60 and really makes the cruise especially the beginning much better, so I don't mind refreshing my comp or checking daily. I wouldn't cancel without it, I wouldn't reschedule but I would consider a suite upgrade if one were available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Floating Lanai

Bought it last cruise, made some use of it, guest services mostly.

Would buy it again (mostly for instant room access) but wouldn't not go on a cruise because I couldn't get it.

Keep looking though - I got it about a month prior to our cruise. Wasn't til after I started reading that I guess I was lucky.

We have never purchased FTTF in the past, and never really considered it worth it in the past. We normally arrived at the terminal between 10:30 and 11 and were on board right all those other people and the FTTF people.

We like to get on board early, grab a bite to eat, and get a seat to people watch until we can drop our things off in the cabin.

We booked our next cruise two months out until sailing. The first boarding time slot was already full. We were hoping to take advantage of FTTF for that reason, but it is currently sold out. We keep checking multiple times per day, but no luck so far.

If FTTF doesn't open up, I guess we will just suck it up and just go with the flow when we arrive.

ITA! That statement cracks me up. Although I don't think people really mean it. You would cancel a cruise because you couldn't snag FTTF and you can only see if it's available once you book. lol.

It is total genius on the part of whoever thought of it. I've said before, the person whose idea it was should seriously get employee of the decade! They have brought in a ton of revenue to Carnival without Carnival spending one extra cent in return.

I've had it and can certainly cruise with or without it. IMO it isn't worth any extra effort to get. But don't say that on here. Huge FTTF fans on this board!:p:p