No more lobster in the Haven

hpecorari

Thanks, Harriett - surely, you are still going to enjoy the cruise.

In lieu of serving lobster upstairs, are they substituting it with - tiger prawns or plain large (jumbo) shrimp, for the "convenience" :D

Order it from specialty dining menu & have the butler take care of the details

]

Of course I'm not gonna let this ruin my cruise! Actually, I could care less about lobster on the cruise. I was simply reporting it for others. I get much better lobster on land!

They are substituting it with plain old-fashioned shrimp.

Harriet

We're on the Jewel this month and the Dawn next month,,,, what will be do without a Haven's restaurant to check out?

I never said there was not a Haven restaurant. I simply said they removed the lobster from the menu.

Harriet

If there is lobster being served in any restaurant on the ship, it can be brought to the Haven restaurant.

The question is "Which restaurant(s) will have lobster?" :confused:

When I mentioned to the server and the maître d' that I was surprised there was no lobster on the menu… Neither one of them suggested to me that I could order it elsewhere if I wanted to. They simply said that yes it had been discontinued 2 to 3 weeks ago.

Harriet

I never said there was not a Haven restaurant. I simply said they removed the lobster from the menu.

Harriet

Unless they have changed the configuration for the Jewel and the Dawn, there is no "Haven Restaurant" on those ships. You use Cagneys/Moderno/similar for Breakfast and Lunch.

It's not that complicated. If they can source it at a good price they will have it. If they cannot, they won't. The market on Lobster right now is quite high, if their contract ended they may not be able to re-source it right now.

Well actually, when they removed it before lobster was at a historical low, which is why everyone was so surprised.

Unless they have changed the configuration for the Jewel and the Dawn, there is no "Haven Restaurant" on those ships. You use Cagneys/Moderno/similar for Breakfast and Lunch.

I understand that. However the OP stated "what would they do without a Haven restaurant". So I simply thought they were talking about the ships that have a specific Haven restaurant – and was reiterating that the restaurant is still there.

Edit- re-reading that post I now see they were talking about the dawn and the jewel.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

I understand that. However the OP stated "what would they do without a Haven restaurant". So I simply thought they were talking about the ships that have a specific Haven restaurant – and was reiterating that the restaurant is still there.

Harriet

They specifically referenced being on the Jewel and Dawn - that's why I posted that about no restaurant on those. Since, if that is what they are concerned about, it's a non-issue for them on those 2 cruises. :)

They specifically referenced being on the Jewel and Dawn - that's why I posted that about no restaurant on those. Since, if that is what they are concerned about, it's a non-issue for them on those 2 cruises. :)

You are correct

Harriet

Onboard the Breakaway right now… The Haven restaurant no longer has lobster on their menu for dinner. I was told it was removed two or three weeks ago.

Harriet

Well, I am will be in the Haven on Sunday. I am fine with this, but if you hear a 16 year old having a meltdown(she is a teen and an actress), it will be my child. When this happens, I will be in the corner laughing at how she handles this situation(she is funny too). She had lobster at every possible opportunity. I am going to let her board the ship without any knowledge of this.

Bird in Jersey, There will be two girls having temper tantrums this weekend! Will be on board this Sunday and my daughter (10yo) has been SO excited at the prospect of lobster every night. She LOVES it and this was going to be her chance to eat it every night for a week.

I am generally not a complainer. However, when you pile some the recent changes together - the water policy, no lobster - I can see how people who are paying good money to vacation, would be upset. Will it ruin my vacation, no! But it is making me wonder what other changes are coming and how it might drive even the most loyal NCL fan away.

The new menus only took affect early in the year and now everything on the Haven menu looks to be the same, other than the lobster and the surf & turf now has shrimp. Harriet and I were really surprised. On the upside, the prime rib is still amazing as ever.

I'm cancelling all my Haven Bookings. Enough of the nickel and diming us!

I get it but I can tell you the Haven on NCL is still superior to RCCL suite perks as well as CCL. I haven't tried MSC yet but I may be getting close. The Haven prices are still on par/lower than RCCL Suites if you add in the specialty dining and drink packages (although on Royal, all don't need to purchase and they have Coke products).

If there is lobster being served in any restaurant on the ship, it can be brought to the Haven restaurant.

The question is "Which restaurant(s) will have lobster?" :confused:

IF the Haven lobster is the same as I got in Cagney's , you aren't missing anything .

Just off the Epic . It was the worst lobster I have ever eaten . Waterlogged and tasteless .

Edited by richstowe

I know its not a substitute but try the chicken its amazing, its on the lunch menu too. My kids are still talking about the "Haven Chicken" from June.

I would also be disappointed my DS and I ate quite a few lobsters in June. It was defiantly not the best lobster ever but still good

It all depends on the supplier they use, but right now all of them are high. One of my friends is a GM at a seafood rest and they are actually losing money on lobster diners right now unless the person orders drinks or desserts.

Well actually, when they removed it before lobster was at a historical low, which is why everyone was so surprised.