New to HAL senior fares?

webecruzin2

We are in the initial planning stage of an HAL 10day Denali cruise and most of us are over 55, but when I price it on the HAL website there's no option for over 55 senior fares.

Do they not offer this on this type of cruise?

We are well over 55 (and have been for much of our 20+ year cruising history with HAL) and have never heard of a Senior Fare on HAL. If you want a authoritative answer, however, I suggest you contact HAL directly. Your TA should also be able to help. If you find out that HAL does have Senior Fares, please post that info here.

Thanks, and smooth sailing ...

The way some characterize the cruise line, every fare is a senior fare...

That's correct. Seniors are their demographic. Are young adults with kids ever onboard? Of course; but seniors are their bread and butter. No need to incent us to cruise.

Edited by jhannah

I would say almost everyone on HAL would qualify for a senior fare (on some cruises)!

When we took our first HAL cruise at age 53 we were known as "the youngsters" on the cruise, and this was on a 7 day Alaska. Last year in Montreal we took the HAL bus to the airport and clearly no one on it was under 65, except for the driver!

Sort of like my home ski area, Sun Valley, which is known for a mature clientel and does not offer a senior rate on a season pass.

The saying is that if they offered a senior discount they would go broke.

On a different subject, anybody know why the CC message board reply function does not have speecheck?

Our posting guidelines do not permit any posts that contain referrals to travel agent websites.

From our guidelines:

...It also means you cannot post links to travel agencies, no matter what the specific reason.

Cruise Critic will remove violations of the "third-party recommendation" guideline without warning. Additional posts will result in permanent suspension of your posting privileges.