Help! Flight home from Port Canaveral

We have booked flights home. Flight leaves Sanford airport at 9:55am. We have never been on a Royal cruise before, nor have we flown. We typically drive home. We have a rental car and are hoping if we are in port at 6am as they state we should be, and get off boat within the first hour, drive is 55min from port and airport states to arrive an hour early, in theory we should be fine. But I continue to see posts about people being nervous about making 11, noon, 1pm flights..Should I cancel this flight? Is this ridiculous to think we would make it there in time? Is there any way to talk with Royal and assure we get off boat quicker?

We have booked flights home. Flight leaves Sanford airport at 9:55am. We have never been on a Royal cruise before, nor have we flown. We typically drive home. We have a rental car and are hoping if we are in port at 6am as they state we should be, and get off boat within the first hour, drive is 55min from port and airport states to arrive an hour early, in theory we should be fine. But I continue to see posts about people being nervous about making 11, noon, 1pm flights..Should I cancel this flight? Is this ridiculous to think we would make it there in time? Is there any way to talk with Royal and assure we get off boat quicker?

Not in a million years will this work

First of all,the ship is due back at 6am,but it won't be cleared till after 7...so in reality,you mght not even get off and thru customs till 7:30-8am,at the earliest..

Then you need to get your rental car....a good one hour drive to Sanford.Drop your rental off..

No,9:55 is pushing it waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too close.You'll never make it..

Royal can't do anything to get you off the ship any earlier.

Edited by PH8

Not in a million years will this work

I agree that this is an insane plan. Even with self-disembark, you are not likely to make that flight. Waaaaay too many things that can go wrong.

I'll mention just one. You haven't added in any time to return the rental car.

while the ship may dock at 6 it still has to clear customs. Once the ship is cleared it would take time to get through immigration and out to the street. The last time in Port Canaveral the ship wasn't cleared until about 7:30am. The line up of people carrying all their own luggage off was several hundred people long so it took quite a while. We were in group 2 and didn't get called until 8:45 if I remember correctly.

I was afraid I would hear that :( unfortunatley its the only flight option to our city :( Im not sure what we should do, was really looking forward to not driving 14 hrs home...

Well,you could extend your trip one night and spend that time in Cocoa Beach or Orlando...

Speaking of Orlando,no flights close to your home from there?? Or Melbourne??

I would look into the possibility of moving your flight to the following mornings flight & having a relaxing debarkation...for me, one night hotel cost would be worth the car rental, 14 hrs. of driving and my sanity :eek:;)

Well,you could extend your trip one night and spend that time in Cocoa Beach or Orlando...

I agree - sounds like a perfect "excuse" to extend your vacation another day. Besides - even if the stars aligned perfectly, and God's hand personally cleared all the people and traffic before you to make that flight, you'll arrive home so stressed from the experience that it will be like you never had a vacation. Stay another day and relax - it's out of your control. :D

I would look into the possibility of moving your flight to the following mornings flight & having a relaxing debarkation...for me, one night hotel cost would be worth the car rental, 14 hrs. of driving and my sanity :eek:;)

we would def. do that if it were a possibility. This flight only comes and goes to our city on Thursdays and Sunday. So only other option if we cant make this work is to drive..Or lose money on this flight and drive to airport 2-3hrs away from us and pay hundreds more. The flight we have booked is allegient and was fairly inexpensive, which is why we were so excited to book and very much looking forward to not driving the 14 hr drive there and back. I have send Allegient an email about situation and see if they have any options available...So sad right now :(

we would def. do that if it were a possibility. This flight only comes and goes to our city on Thursdays and Sunday. So only other option if we cant make this work is to drive..Or lose money on this flight and drive to airport 2-3hrs away from us and pay hundreds more. The flight we have booked is allegient and was fairly inexpensive, which is why we were so excited to book and very much looking forward to not driving the 14 hr drive there and back. I have send Allegient an email about situation and see if they have any options available...So sad right now :(

what city?

IF they can't help you, the only other option I am seeing is a one-way from MCO to EVV - did a quick search on Priceline and Delta has some flights in the late morning / afternoon, right now priced @ $240 pp :(

Edited by TLC535

Yes :) Id say almost close to 100% you will not make this flight

The chance of making this flight is zero at 100% certainty. I see flights from Orlando to Evansville at $155 on United....of course I don't know the day. It includes a stop, but I'd take that over driving home.

The chance of making this flight is zero at 100% certainty. I see flights from Orlando to Evansville at $155 on United....of course I don't know the day. It includes a stop, but I'd take that over driving home.

I got this flight for 46pp each way, Im hoping allegiant has some option for us or some type of refund before I start searching other new options..I absolutely hate traveling options in our city. For the size of our city, our options are soooooo limited :(

Don't think that is going to work, picking up a rental car, driving and then returning car. I personally would never try it.

I got this flight for 46pp each way, Im hoping allegiant has some option for us or some type of refund before I start searching other new options..I absolutely hate traveling options in our city. For the size of our city, our options are soooooo limited :(

A $92 lesson learned is a cheaper hit then missing the flight and having to drive or go to Orlando and try to get a flight home. If the flight was booked less than 24 hrs ago you have a chance at a refund....

Delta flies out of Melbourne, fl(35-40 minutes south) on Oct 23 at 5:55pm for $156 per person into Evansville connecting in Atlanta arriving to Evansville at 9:30pm

A $92 lesson learned is a cheaper hit then missing the flight and having to drive or go to Orlando and try to get a flight home. If the flight was booked less than 24 hrs ago you have a chance at a refund....

Listen to Magellan, scrabtree!!!