Grandeur's gonna be late arriving 8/4

No issues whatsoever- it was something that happened to an engine around noon today. The captain has said that that they are trying to resolve the issue but as of now they have been unable to.

Edited by mad-dog74

No issues whatsoever- it was something that happened to an engine around noon today. The captain has said that that they are trying to resolve the issue but as of now they have been unable to.

I was on Grandeur in June 2001 in the Med, pre-expansion on an at Sea day and it was Chocolate night. We were sailing into an 80 knot wind with up to 20 foot seas. No one was allowed out on deck and the waves were splashing over deck 5. Despite the massive listing to and fro, she got us to the next port on time. I think it was the most fun I've ever had on a ship! Trying to dodge people in the hallways was a hoot. Few people ate the chocolate.

Bummer if it makes you miss a flight or something.

Edited by MalRC

Must be a recurring theme - same thing happened in March but it was on the way to Labadee. Stop was cancelled and went directly back to Baltimore.
Grandeur is doing 11.3 knots now, hopefully the 10:30 am time frame still holds......K.O.:(

Arriving back at 9:30 am which is one hour sooner. Said the technical issue with engine was fixed after midnight and was able to make up an hour.

Almost home now- just passed under the 695 bridge

It probably will impact some cruisers and their flights home....I wonder what impact it will have on the next cruise departing later today?

For people who have been on this recent sailing, who was your Activity Manager onboard. Has Andre Miller returned to the ship as AM?

It probably will impact some cruisers and their flights home....I wonder what impact it will have on the next cruise departing later today?

For people who have been on this recent sailing, who was your Activity Manager onboard. Has Andre Miller returned to the ship as AM?

This is the message we got for the cruise departing today on the Grandeur :

S: Important Update: Grandeur of the Seas August 4 Check-In

This is Royal Caribbean International with important information regarding your upcoming sailing on Grandeur of the Seas on August 4. Grandeur of the Seas experienced a technical issue with one of the ship's four engines and the ship's arrival in Baltimore is delayed. The issue has been resolved and there is no impact on the maneuverability of the ship or the safety of our guests and crew. As a result, boarding for your cruise will take place between 1pm and 4pm with no impact to the scheduled itinerary. To provide you with a smooth check-in process we ask guests to use the following check-in times: Deck 8: 1:00pm; Deck 7: 1:45pm; Deck 4: 2:30pm; Deck 3: 3:00pm; Deck 2: 3:30pm. We look forward to welcoming you onboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was on that cruise! Great itinerary and I like the port of Baltimore.

Thanks for the message on what new information new passengers received, I wondered if they contacted them. I noticed when I left there was no line in the parking lot to come in, so I figured some message must have gone out.