On Liberty--Hurricane Earl

JLN321

Hey guys. I'm currently on Liberty of the Seas. Original agenda was Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras. On Day 2, captain announced tropical storm (now upgraded to hurricane) and we had to cancel Belize and Honduras since that's where the storm is heading. We went to Cozumel, Mexico yesterday ( stormed in early evening when on board) and will be going to Nassau, Bahamas tomorrow. We will have one extra sea day now. Can't really be angry since you can't predict Mother Nature. I went to Nassau last year and wasn't impressed. I hope those who are cruising the Caribbean next week gets better news! Overall, the staff is awesome. Not sure what will be planned for our extra sea day now. The people on board seem happy. Zoom is working well! Any questions? Will try to answer on my extra sea day!

Hey guys. I'm currently on Liberty of the Seas. Original agenda was Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras. On Day 2, captain announced tropical storm (now upgraded to hurricane) and we had to cancel Belize and Honduras since that's where the storm is heading. We went to Cozumel, Mexico yesterday ( stormed in early evening when on board) and will be going to Nassau, Bahamas tomorrow. We will have one extra sea day now. Can't really be angry since you can't predict Mother Nature. I went to Nassau last year and wasn't impressed. I hope those who are cruising the Caribbean next week gets better news! Overall, the staff is awesome. Not sure what will be planned for our extra sea day now. The people on board seem happy. Zoom is working well! Any questions? Will try to answer on my extra sea day!

It sounds like you are handling it well! :D How is the cruise and the weather? :D

Sounds like you are making the best of it. You are still on a cruise and not working so it's all good. Where is your cabin? Looking forward to this ship but we have a long wait.

Beautiful ship and mostly beautiful weather. Two storms during the night. They have offered great shows each night. Comedians have been awesome. Everything is clean and the food is amazing. The only annoying this so far is that the pool decks are too small to accommodate 3,000 people. By 2pm, it's packed...pools...chairs...upper deck...all packed. I've gone early morning and have left by two because it's too crowded!

Thanks for the update, I've been wondering what the western route ships were up to, but figured they must have bypassed the storm since nobody had posted anything.

Sorry you guys had to miss such great islands, that's really a bummer, but it sounds like you're enjoying yourself anyway and the best thing is that you aren't having any trouble with the ship or the weather on board!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Thanks for offering to provide info!!

We sail on Sunday, August 7 and received the following info on ship entertainers - same folks for you? Just thought we might gauge to see which we should pursue!!

The Liberty of the Seas is proud to showcase the following entertainers onboard the August 7, 2016 sailing:

Ice Show Theater Kenneth Scott Smith Ice Act - Star Act

Schooner Bar Entertainer Phil Anderson

Pub Entertainer Julian Mayer Pub Guitarist

Welcome Show Theater Dean Austin Comedian

Headliner Theater Nick Lewin Comedy Magic

Headliner Theater Karen Grainger Impressionist

Farewell Theater John Wing Comedian

Thanks and hope it's smooth sailing!!

Cheers!!

Oh wow - Phil is back. He wasn't onboard our 5/29 sailing and it seemed perhaps he was gone for good. Never even saw the other guy - it was empty every time I walked through around midnight or so. Phil is pretty fun and at least gets butts in the seats. :)

Thanks for the update, I've been wondering what the western route ships were up to, but figured they must have bypassed the storm since nobody had posted anything.

I'm also on Liberty. It was fun to see Empress in Nassau with us, too! They were also diverted.

I have to say, it was SO nice to not hear any one complain about the change after the announcement! Fellow passengers took the news in stride and everyone appears to be enjoying the cruise! Wonderful attitudes!

Edited by peach section

I am glad Royal re-routed this cruise, and I actually like sea days. I have two practical questions about what happens in a situation like this:

1. So nobody was planning to go to the new port, which means nobody researched possible shore excursions there. What process does Royal use for selling shore excursions at the new place? Ads on the TV, lots of announcements, everyone uses wifi to log on to Cruise Critic, etc.
  2. They stocked for three sea days. They will now be at sea for for. Bonus for people who bought drink packages! Still, whether you are talking about rum or asparagus or bathroom cleaner, they will use more supplies than anticipated. How do they handle re-stocking to make sure everyone has enough?

Hope everyone onboard is safe and still having fun.

I am glad Royal re-routed this cruise, and I actually like sea days. I have two practical questions about what happens in a situation like this:

1. So nobody was planning to go to the new port, which means nobody researched possible shore excursions there. What process does Royal use for selling shore excursions at the new place? Ads on the TV, lots of announcements, everyone uses wifi to log on to Cruise Critic, etc.
  2. They stocked for three sea days. They will now be at sea for for. Bonus for people who bought drink packages! Still, whether you are talking about rum or asparagus or bathroom cleaner, they will use more supplies than anticipated. How do they handle re-stocking to make sure everyone has enough?

Hope everyone onboard is safe and still having fun.

They will distribute a paper addendum to the excursions brochure with additional choices for the new port. The ship had stock for several days more than the original planned cruise, just in case.