Shampoo and Body Wash

grammybto7

:) Hello, my daughter and I will be cruising for the very

first time in Feb of 2017. I was wondering if anyone uses the

Shampoo and Body wash provided by Carnival. Just

wondering if we need to buy some before boarding...

we are flying in to Miami and are not checking bags

so we are very limited on size we can carry on.

Leaving for a while but will be checking on answers later.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi there

If you really have a preference and you are able to pick up some shampoo, go for it. I use the bar soap instead of the body wash...again I don't really like their body wash. What you must bring is conditioner...they don't provide that at all.

have a great cruise

Thanks in advance!!

I only use the ship's shampoo or body wash to wash out my bathing suit in the sink.

If you're not picky, you'll probably be just fine. And if for some reason you don't care for it, you can always visit the shops on board or shops in port and pick some up. Take a couple of your favorite brands in travel sizes just in case.

I love the body wash, but bring my own shampoo and conditioner. They only offer a shampoo/conditioner mix and I prefer to shampoo then condition. If you don't mind using the mix it reminds me of Pantene

My wife brings shampoo and body wash. I use Carnival's. She doesn't seem any cleaner than me. :D

Rofl. Yea we all know some guys wash their hair with a bar of soap. Guess it really doesn't matter when you don't have much hair. :eek: ;) :rolleyes:

I love the body wash, but bring my own shampoo and conditioner. They only offer a shampoo/conditioner mix and I prefer to shampoo then condition. If you don't mind using the mix it reminds me of Pantene

Actually it is not a shampoo and conditioner mix product but shampoo:

809076625_JYCAG-L.jpg

I used the Carnival Shampoo and Body Wash. Even when I had super long hair (I cut off 12 inches in March) I still used it - I only bring my own conditioner.

It's a light, pleasant scent and I find it does the job well - my hair and body get clean. My personal hair conditioner does what it needs to do to keep my hair under control.

I don't see bringing more when what's available is good.

(PS on other lines I usually bring my own because I don't like the little bottles - I can never get enough conditioner out of them).

I use both but I'm a guy and most of us don't care. I also use whatever is provided in any hotel chain when traveling. To me its just that much less to pack. However, DW and DD feel much differently and bring their own stuff.

My only complaint about both is that it seems to take a few pushes on the dispenser to get enough to suit me. And neither lathers up all that great. SO, I suggest buying a loofa which seems to work up a lather better than your bare hands. Throw it away after your final shower so none of your guy friends accidently see it.:eek::D

I carry-on on my way to the ship including a plane flight so I keep things that I take on the smaller size. I usually stay in a hotel the night before the cruise so I take whatever comes in the room on the ship plus I pack a sample packet of shampoo and conditioner. I've got short hair so that normally gets me through a four/five day cruise. If I run low or out I do use the Carnival stuff. I also pack a small bottle (one ounce or smaller) of my shower gel but would use the Carnival if I forgot or ran out of mine.

Thanks in advance!!

Our family uses the shampoo & body wash provided by Carnival. Their supplier also supplies for numerous 5-star hotels. I'm a big fan of Paula Begoun (The Cosmetics Cop). You'd be surprised how many shampoos & body washes are basically all the same regardless of price. :) I do bring my own conditioner. Hope you & your daughter have an enjoyable first cruise! So exciting!

I bring my own shampoo and conditioner in Gotoobs and a travel sized bar of Dove. I decided to bring the soap because my skin would get dry and itchy and the bodywash doesn't lather enough for me to shave comfortably.

None of them take up a bunch of space and the Gotoobs are TSA compliant which is important because I only bring a carry on sized suitcase and under the seat case.

I use both but I'm a guy and most of us don't care. I also use whatever is provided in any hotel chain when traveling. To me its just that much less to pack. However, DW and DD feel much differently and bring their own stuff.

My only complaint about both is that it seems to take a few pushes on the dispenser to get enough to suit me. And neither lathers up all that great. SO, I suggest buying a loofa which seems to work up a lather better than your bare hands. Throw it away after your final shower so none of your guy friends accidently see it.:eek::D

Agree on the body wash one of the reasons I still use soap.:)

I bring my own shampoo and conditioner in Gotoobs and a travel sized bar of Dove. I decided to bring the soap because my skin would get dry and itchy and the bodywash doesn't lather enough for me to shave comfortably.

None of them take up a bunch of space and the Gotoobs are TSA compliant which is important because I only bring a carry on sized suitcase and under the seat case.

Use your hair conditioner for shaving - it's much better than body wash or even traditional shave gel/foam.

Use your hair conditioner for shaving - it's much better than body wash or even traditional shave gel/foam.

I tried that before but it dulls my razors quickly. Besides, the shampoo and conditioner I use aren't cheap and it would get way too expensive. But thanks for the tip!

Edited by firemanbobswife

I used their stuff all week. Wife did too but we both brought our own conditioner (I use a leave-in conditioner and I have no idea what she uses but it ain't mine).

On a side note, I REALLY liked the dispensers. Soon as we got home I started looking for something I could fill up and leave in the shower like that. Never paid attention before when I got dragged through Bed, Bath and Beyond so I guess I had no idea that such a thing even existed. Ain't technology grand? :D