Shampoo and Body Wash

grammybto7

I used their stuff all week. Wife did too but we both brought our own conditioner (I use a leave-in conditioner and I have no idea what she uses but it ain't mine).

On a side note, I REALLY liked the dispensers. Soon as we got home I started looking for something I could fill up and leave in the shower like that. Never paid attention before when I got dragged through Bed, Bath and Beyond so I guess I had no idea that such a thing even existed. Ain't technology grand? :D

That's funny. We did the same thing after our first cruise! DH installed them a couple weeks after we got back and we finally took them down a couple years ago. They just got old.

Edited by firemanbobswife

:) Hello, my daughter and I will be cruising for the very

first time in Feb of 2017. I was wondering if anyone uses the

Shampoo and Body wash provided by Carnival. Just

wondering if we need to buy some before boarding...

we are flying in to Miami and are not checking bags

so we are very limited on size we can carry on.

Leaving for a while but will be checking on answers later.

Thanks in advance!!

We always bring our own.

I used to bring my own liquid soap and shampoo. After a few cruises, I decided the soap and shampoo are just fine for the duration of the cruise and I now have a little more room in my suitcase. I still bring a few travel bottles of conditioner.

My only complaint about both is that it seems to take a few pushes on the dispenser to get enough to suit me.

I did leave that part out. I do hammer the body wash pretty hard to get enough out. I push it enough times that my arm gets tired and I use about 1/4 of the dispenser to get enough lather going. But I do like the smell of it.

• 2 weeks later...
I did leave that part out. I do hammer the body wash pretty hard to get enough out. I push it enough times that my arm gets tired and I use about 1/4 of the dispenser to get enough lather going. But I do like the smell of it.

Soap doesn't need to lather to get you clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Bring your own. Their shampoo and body wash suck.

Also..be careful in the shower. They are a lot narrower than you might think. On our most recent cruise, I was shaving my legs and when I stood up, I somehow jostled the shampoo container on the wall, which fell on my foot and I had a pretty bad cut where it landed on my toe. That toe also swelled up a little and was sore for almost a month afterwards. D: I'm pretty sure it was broken, but I know from experience there's not a whole lot any doctor can do for a broken toe other than give you pain meds.

Bring your own. Their shampoo and body wash suck.

Also..be careful in the shower. They are a lot narrower than you might think. On our most recent cruise, I was shaving my legs and when I stood up, I somehow jostled the shampoo container on the wall, which fell on my foot and I had a pretty bad cut where it landed on my toe. That toe also swelled up a little and was sore for almost a month afterwards. D: I'm pretty sure it was broken, but I know from experience there's not a whole lot any doctor can do for a broken toe other than give you pain meds.

Amen. Last two cruises I've gone up to the spa showers when I have to shave. They are much roomier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Mr. Google:

"A thin consistency makes shower gel better for warmer climates. Both moisturizing body wash and shower gel can be applied straight from the container, or with a hand-held pouf that provides extra lather and full-body coverage. Each offers a different texture and concentration, and each cleans differently."

If it is longer than a 3 night cruise I bring my own. I find the body wash in the shower makes my skin very dry. Also depends on whether we have carryon. For most Caribbean cruises we are driving to the port so I can bring any size liquids in my bag.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I used to use the shampoo in the dispenser but my hair would get a slicked down looking kind of waxy/greasy by the end of the cruise. It was dirtier than if I'd not even washed it all week. It took a little research but I discovered sulfates in shampoo can cause that when using the reverse osmosis salt water.

So now I always take a sulfate free shampoo and my hair comes clean.