Unable to purchase Cheers ??? Help

LIMPIT

Cruising on Vista 1st October, logged into Carnival.com/funshops, logged into manage my cruise using my Carnival Ref No, but message pop up in red reads " Sorry there were problems with your submission:

Cheers is not available for this booking "

Can anyone please offer any explanation [emoji848]

Thanks

Cruising on Vista 1st October, logged into Carnival.com/funshops, logged into manage my cruise using my Carnival Ref No, but message pop up in red reads " Sorry there were problems with your submission:

Thanks

Maybe they don't offer cheers for European sailings?? Otherwise I have no idea myself.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just received e mail from Carnival confirming that from 1st Aug 2016, CHEERS Package is not available to purchase in advance only on ship for Med sailings, this means that now the package cannot be purchased at the advertised pre cruise rate of $49.95 +15%, but at $54.95 +15%, with the almost certain vat of a further 10% being applied due to no non EU Port Stop.

This is outrageous [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Edited by LIMPIT

Yes sir, that's is because of the VAT tax. I know some folks have purchased this package on our cruise and there is talk about charging the VAT tax even though they had purchased this before going to Spain.

Limpit

it's because they are still considering whether we go to Kusadasi or not, VAT or No VAT. so they have pulled it for now.

Guess it's screwing them up more than they expected.

Lets hope they decide to keep it and they put things back the way it was.

see you in just over 8 weeks on board.

Thanks

Me too same error even if I try to purchase bottomless bubble

I tried both with no luck [emoji19][emoji19][emoji19]

This was asked of John Heald, and while this is true that it can't be prepurchased, he said the cost will remain at $49.95 +15% when bought on board, while in Europe.

Edited by crzndeb

This was asked of John Heald, and while this is true that it can't be prepurchased, he said the cost will remain at $49.95 +15% when bought on board, while in Europe.

Yes but then they will add the 10% VAT to the price

Now Carnival have even retracted in the pre cruise rate [emoji35]

[ATTACH]391525[/ATTACH]

This is quite annoying as it was available to purchase just weeks ago. I almost did, went thru all steps for total, then decided to wait. My September cruise already had VAT tax yet they were selling it and many others did get the opportunity to prepurchase. Good example of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing. I will not be purchasing it now, limit consumption and bring on wine etc in ports as they are still allowing...so far! :confused:

So how is that fair to change it now? Does not make any sense not to offer it on the TA before we sail. Do they have that in writing that we would get the pre-purchase price? We are going to Gibraltar, so the VAT won't apply to this sailing.

Just heard from my PVP, changes went in on the first of the month. Going to be taxed. It is determined by the government of each place we visit....if you get Cheers. Wow Carnival just keeps on lowering customer satisfaction.

Edited by TinyG

Where is this notated on?

Where is this notated on?

Somebody passed it to me from his FB, but according to what LIMPIT posted, they aren't honoring it. So who knows?

I don't buy Cheers, but I know a lot do. With being able to bring alcohol on in ports (that may change also), that should be plenty for me.

So how is that fair to change it now? Does not make any sense not to offer it on the TA before we sail. Do they have that in writing that we would get the pre-purchase price? We are going to Gibraltar, so the VAT won't apply to this sailing.

Just heard from my PVP, changes went in on the first of the month. Going to be taxed. It is determined by the government of each place we visit....if you get Cheers. Wow Carnival just keeps on lowering customer satisfaction.

For now, Gibraltar doesn't get you out of VAT, but Bermuda and New York do.

Carnival has nothing to do with it. If you don't like VAT, avoid the EU altogether.

One possibility on the TA is maybe Carnival does have to collect VAT on drinks the first day while the ship is still in Barcelona. Just a thought.

It's also true for the bottomless bubbles package. I tried to order online and received the notice that it couldn't be purchased for this cruise (I'm on the Aug. 26 vista 8-day).

I called and a Carnival rep said that it's only available for purchase on the ship, and the price for that (and Cheers) is the same as if you had purchased in advance, that they aren't penalizing people for purchasing it on the ship since they didn't have an option beforehand.

The problem, as others have noted, is that now you're stuck paying the 10% VAT because you're purchasing on board.

I am going to skip the bottomless bubbles. I was on the fence about it anyway, but had decided to go ahead. But with the extra 10%, it's simply not worth it to me.

• 1 month later...
For now, Gibraltar doesn't get you out of VAT, but Bermuda and New York do.

Carnival has nothing to do with it. If you don't like VAT, avoid the EU altogether.

One possibility on the TA is maybe Carnival does have to collect VAT on drinks the first day while the ship is still in Barcelona. Just a thought.

Sorry John, but you are wrong. For VAT purposes Gibralter is outside of EU Vat juristriction and why other cruise companies choose to use Gibralter. It's a port that means you leave EU waters for VAT purposes.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/VAT_ob