Need A Little Help From My Friends

Hello,

We are sailing with friends to celebrate a 33 and a 35th wedding anniversary. I am in charge of Caribbean cruise planning. After researching best cabins on both Princess and Celebrity everyone finally decided on the RCCL Jewel of the Seas out of San Juan in 2017. I am being lazy and hoping you guys can tell me the best balcony cabins and/or is a Grand Suite worth it on the Jewel. I could have honestly knit a sweater in the time I have spent researching already. I truly want my friends to have the best trip possible. Thanks bunches for any help you can offer.

Many of us prefer the aft facing balconies on Jewel. Great views and huge balconies! Can't possibly say if a Grand Suite is worth the money to you. If the difference in price is worth the perks, which are mainly access to the concierge lounge with free drinks from 5PM to 8 PM, are worth it to you, go ahead. I wouldn't do it if I could get the aft balconies instead.

We love the aft cabins especially on the radiance class! I love looking at the wake so much I took a video on my phone and play it when work is crazy and I can relive the moment. It's not that long of a walk, if you can get rooms together on the same floor go for it!

I think it'd be good to give everyone options, maybe price out an aft balcony, a suite and an inside room.

I'm not a fan of spending a lot of money on the rooms, but I know that a lot of people, especially those on these boards, spend a good amount of time in their rooms and/or feel the bigger rooms are a must, so I think it's good to give everyone options so they can decide what's worth spending their money on.

On the southern route, you will be off the ship all but one day, so the amount of time on the ship will be a lot less than on another route, which might also affect people's feelings about the room.

I planned a cruise with another family and found it easier to pick the ship, route and date, and then let them research the rooms and prices and let them book on their own. It worked out well that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just remember that the special breakfast and the access to the concierge lounge for free happy hour drinks is for grand suite and above only so if you all are not in Grand suites others cannot joinin these perks. For a special cruise I would splurge. Jr suites are great as well but have no perks but lots of room for you all to be together. Jewel has just gone through a refurb and is fresh and new

We have had JS mid ship cabins on Radiance Class ships and really love them. It really comes down to where you prefer to be located. Main dining is right off the Centrum on Deck 4 or MTD Deck 5. We haven't managed anything higher then a JS yet. Perhaps one of these days.