mini suite balconies-different sizes?

Mom3Boys

When we took a cruise last year our TA booked us in a BB on the Caribe deck because he said it was a larger balcony than the other decks. We just booked a mini suite on the Star and he told me that the AC had a bigger balcony. Does anyone know if the sizes vary on the mini suites? We loved the BB but we are taking our two boys and for the price the mini suite would accomodate 4 better than the BB.

Your TA is incorrect. The mini-suite balconies are all the same size, approximately 6' by 9', with the exception of the 4 minis with extended balconies. I believe that only the AC category has the two upper berths you'll need. You'll find it much nicer for the four of you than you would a category Bx balcony cabin. Enjoy your cruise!

Completed:
Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess
Coming up:
Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04
Caribbean Princess redux 6/25/05

Thank you Spongerob for the info. Now I have another question! We are booked in an AC cabin. I did not realize there were upper berths in these. Where are they? I thought the sleeper sofa was for the two extra passengers. We will be in D708. I there any place where I can find out if D708 has these berths? Thank you! Linda

Are upper berths the fold down beds on the wall??

If so, we were in an AC on the Golden a few weeks ago and had NO such thing. Only the 2 beds made up as a Queen and the couch with the hide-a-bed.

Time until Sailing
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;04;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

I just checked my deck plan. D708 has the red dot that signifies 3rd and 4th berth availability. There is a couch (actually, a loveseat) that has a pullout bed. We've never been curious enough to see how big it is, but I've read that these things are more of a rollover style mattress that is only big enough for one. Unless your boys are very small, I doubt they'd be able to share it.

The 4th berth lowers down from the ceiling and a ladder is put in place to get to it. Your cabin steward will take care of this for you. If I were very young, I know I'd be fighting to sleep up there.

Completed:
Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess
Coming up:

Spongerob - I am in Edmond also! I would like to ask you some questions regarding the mini-suites in the AC category. Will you please email me? Thanks.

Marie
[email]ExaltingHim@cox.net[/email]

HAL - MAASDAM - June 2004/Canada/New England
RCI - Mariner of the Seas,
Sept 2004(CC Group Cruise)
RCI - Rhapsody of the Seas
October 2004

RCI Majesty of the Seas - Spring Break, March 2005
Celebrity Mercury, April 2005

I don't think any of the mini-suites have pull down berths. As far as I've seen, the sofabed accommodates the third and fourth passengers. It is a queen size sofabed, so it will surely be sufficient for your two children.

[email="caribbeanqueen3@comcast.net"]caribbeanqueen3@comcast.net[/email]

The fourth berth is in the ceiling on those cabins so equipped. I think the only way two children can share the lower pullout bed is if they're very small.

Completed:
Coming up:

We were in a mini-suite last year that would have accomodated 4 and there was a drop down bed in the ceiling. We never used it or the sofa so don't know the size of either one, but that "box" in the ceiling was exactly the same as the one in our kid's cabin that held their beds.

Spongerob please email me about the 4 Minis that have a larger balcony and please tell me if the balconies are partially covered at all. I have gotten two different answers. Thanks.

[email]LinJeffe3@aol.com[/email]

[img]http://www.bigotis.com/royalsmallwide.gif[/img]

RCCI Mariner of the Seas ~ 9/04 Royal Hounds
RCCI Voyager of the Seas ~ 9/03
NCL Norway ~ 11/92
NCL Norway ~ 4/83

Archived