Dolphin's in Puerto Vallarta??

jbrand29

We had booked the dolphin swim in Cozumel at Chaknaab Park thru Cozumel Insider dot com and it seemed to be a very reliable outfit. We received confirmations, revisions, and cancellations promptly when the ship was diverted to a different itinerary. Unfortunately, due to Wilma, we were unable to do this excursion. Now I understand Ch Park was destroyed, {I hope the dolphins were safe.} so we won't be able to report if it was legit. But it certainly seemed to be, and it was much cheaper than the ships dolphin swim.

For example: the ship was charging $169 for the dolphin swim alone.

Cozumel Insider offered a package for $165 that included the royal dolphin swim with 2 dolphins, the sea lion swim, the sea lion show free admission ($10), free admission into the park ($12) and a free taxi ride one way to or from the park ($14).

I realize that I am talking about Cozumel and you asked about Puerto Vallarta, but my point is that it is probably an excellent and less expensive alternative to the ships tour. Good luck!

Guest AdiosReality

You can go through Vallarta adventures, pretty sure its Villartaadventures.com, but they are the ones who do the dolphin swim with the cruise ships, I am sure if you booked directly through them it would be cheaper. They also record your adventure since they take you to a secluded island where the dolphin reserve is. You can buy the movie that they record, and if you tell them you want to buy the video prior to the swim, they will record more of you than everyone else, its well worth it, we bought ours, we didn't do the swim, just the island, and love to watch it. They ship it to you and are very reliable.

Has anyone done the dolphins through other tour companies besides the cruise ships?? I was looking online at vallartaonline.com and they have a kids only dolphin excursion and I'm wondering if it is legit??

In PV you have no choice but to do it through Princess. No other company offers it, and on days that the cruise ships are in, Vallarta Adventures (the company that offers the excursion) will not sell it independently.

I did the dolphine swin with Dolphin Adventure center (they have a website. wwwdolphin-adventure.com) It is really nice. I am going in 2 weeks and I am doing the dolphin trainer for a day. I do not think you would save alot by doing it indepentalbly after you pay for transportation.

Archived