Adult Beverages

TheCalicoCat

$8.00 per drink. The allowance and the price of drinks went up at the same time, about a year ago.

What to try? Anything your little heart desires! :D Personally, I'm a fan of the chocolate mint thingie, chocolate mint buzz? That might be the name of it. You can also get them in non-alcoholic, but I'm not sure I see the point. ;)

Ok, my cruise will have the Explore 4 drinks package, so I can try new to me drinks without worrying about the fact that I don't like _____ & didn't know it, but now am stuck with a $7 drink...

What should I try?

I thought it was now an$8 limit?

In any case,the package will cover all the basic cocktails, specials of day, house wines,etc.

High end liquors are not included,but many in the cocktails are decent.

We have never had Explore4 and just pay ;) So kudos to you :)

Edited to say - oops. Looks like RuthC and I posted at the same time. I am just the slower. Sorry to be redundant

Edited by kazu

$8.00 per drink. The allowance and the price of drinks went up at the same time, about a year ago.

What to try? Anything your little heart desires! :D Personally, I'm a fan of the chocolate mint thingie, chocolate mint buzz? That might be the name of it. You can also get them in non-alcoholic, but I'm not sure I see the point. ;)

(bold is mine) Even if it's CHOCOLATE???? :D

A lot of people like Lemon Drops. Mojitos. Margaritas.

I like Rusty Nails (scotch and Drambuie over ice) or a Black Watch (scotch and Drambuie and cream over ice ;) ) I also like Caesars.

Check out the after-dinner drink menu that has coffee-based drinks, too. If the Spanish Coffee fits your budget.... ;)

Edited by VennDiagram

The bar menu has changed since last time we did HAL. For Alaska I have my eye on the Flamed Spanish Coffee for out on deck. The Tropical Cable Car looks interesting.

On our first cruise we started a tradition of beginning dinner with a Classic Manhattan. I do hate places that use dry vermouth rather than sweet or don't get the bitters right. But HAL did it perfectly.

On Alaska cruises (maybe others too??) try the Grizzlie Bear: Kahlua, vodka, cream. I guess that's an amped up Kahlua and cream, but it sure was good when it was "free"!

Also, we weren't able to get even close to 15 a day -- so we ordered Pellegrino water in the dining room for dinner every day, and took one to our cabin for overnight. And a couple times I filled my big mug with ice, put some coffee over it in the Lido, then went to the Lido bar and added a couple shots of Kailua. We ordered the after-dinner cocktail of the day each day -- always in an interesting little souvenir glass.

We're not major drinkers -- we just tried to be adventuresome and have fun trying new things!

Personally, I'm a fan of the chocolate mint thingie, chocolate mint buzz? That might be the name of it. You can also get them in non-alcoholic, but I'm not sure I see the point. ;)[/color][/size]

I really like the non-alcoholic Chocolate Mint Buzz. I see absolutely no reason to need to add alcohol to enjoy a cool, refreshing chocolate blended drink. There are similar drinks at Starbucks and McD's.

Scott & Karen

On Alaska cruises (maybe others too??) try the Grizzlie Bear: Kahlua, vodka, cream.

A White Russian by any other name .... :D

The Kahlua and cream is a Sombrero.

When I first cruised on HAL I was introduced to Sombreros; they used real cream to make them then. Delicious! Next time I sailed HAL (about 14 years later), they had switched to milk. Blech.

Are they back to real cream now? Even half & half would work.

We're not major drinkers -- we just tried to be adventuresome and have fun trying new things!

That is my goal!

I'll have to journal what I try & how well I like it or not. (Found out recently that I like a Pimms cup.)

I really like the non-alcoholic Chocolate Mint Buzz. I see absolutely no reason to need to add alcohol to enjoy a cool, refreshing chocolate blended drink. There are similar drinks at Starbucks and McD's.

Scott & Karen

Maybe with Explore4 I can try it both ways!

(There may even be something similar in the coffee bar with coffee added to it - Mint Mocha?)