How many dinners on promo booked in May

macy222

Hi. Booked the Nov 13 getaway on May 5 2016. It includes specialty dining and beverage package but none of my docs say how many specialty dinners are included. I am now 100 days out and paid in full. myncl. Doesn't show the # of nights. I booked with a t.a. and the invoice from them doesn't show how many either. Does anyone have this info?

I think it was March or April that 7 night cruise went from 4 to 3 dinners. Call your ta and have them email you an amenity invoice. It should be listed there. I think UBP cost/fee went up at the same time to $14.22 pp pd for UBP fees. You can also see what the SDP fee is and figure out #of days according to fee for SDP.

Edited by littlelulu01

Straight from the NCL website:-

Free Specialty Dining

The first two stateroom guests receive 3 meals in our specialty restaurants on 5- to 9-night cruises and 4 meals on cruises longer than 10 nights. This is in addition to the award-winning complimentary dining in the ship's main dining rooms. So say bonjour to escargot in Le Bistro, or order your own flying shrimp on the grill by our master chefs at Teppanyaki. With so many specialty restaurants on board, we're sure to satisfy the most discerning palate. Applicable service charges apply

The above advice is the best. I booked in January. None of my docs showed how many dinners. I asked the TA I booked with; they said it was 3. I did the math with the grats I was paying....and I sort of remembered that it was 4. I called NCL and they confirmed that it was in fact 4. I am going to get them to email me the Amenities Confirmation. The more documentation you have to take with you on board really helps in case once on the ship they have no record of something. Then they are required to get in touch with Corporate shore side and this takes time and means standing in the Guest Relations line. Much better if you have a NCL confirmation to show them...

Can somone explain the redemption method for the free Specialty Dinners? Thanks!

1) Book them as soon as you can so you don't miss out on the day/time you want.

2) You will not be charged for booking the "a la carte" restaurants when you book.

3) You will be charged for "fixed charge" restaurants when you book.

4) When you go to the restaurant make sure the front desk and the wait staff know that you have the SDP as soon as.

5) In the "a la carte restaurants" the bill will come after you have handed over your room key, which shows the SDP, with the charges reduced to zero (except for any 'extras').

6) In the "fixed charge" restaurants the same thing will happen but the sum you paid on booking will be credited to your On board account.

If you have the SDP in your account (for example, as a booking perk), the system should not charge you anything for the fixed charged specialty restaurants, either (Moderno, Teppanyaki). I am sure many people would complain loudly about having to pay for those in advance and wait to get refunded in the form of OBC on board. Fortunately that's not how it works.

I think it was March or April that 7 night cruise went from 4 to 3 dinners. Call your ta and have them email you an amenity invoice. It should be listed there. I think UBP cost/fee went up at the same time to $14.22 pp pd for UBP fees. You can also see what the SDP fee is and figure out #of days according to fee for SDP.
You're right, the promo changed in mid-March, so if the OP booked in May, and it's a 7-day cruise, they have a 3-meal SDP. The promo service charge for 2 people should be $24.84 (= $69 × 2 × 18%), or if it's bundled together with the service charge for the beverage perk, $223.92.

You're right, the promo changed in mid-March, so if the OP booked in May, and it's a 7-day cruise, they have a 3-meal SDP. The promo service charge for 2 people should be $24.84 (= $69 × 2 × 18%), or if it's bundled together with the service charge for the beverage perk, $223.92.

Yep changed in March. I booked on Mon March 14th and got 4 meals. Final payment was due Mon March 28th. Over the previous weekend they released a new promo offering $140 OBC on top of the pick 2 for my category. I changed my booking that day to get the $140 and went down to 3 meals as that was the new offer.