NFL Football Games

smyliecruising

Nah. I've lived in Texas. I live 15mins from Texas now. I've known some cocky Cowboys fans who think the world should revolve around the Cowboys because they're the Cowboys. That's how I took the comment.

There are fans of 31 other NFL teams who want to watch their games.

You are correct. I didn't mean to imply other fans shouldn't get to see their games. I actually enjoy football so much I watch several teams every week. Yes Cowboys are my team I never miss but I love to watch football so I'd be good to watch many other teams play too😉

Nah. I've lived in Texas. I live 15mins from Texas now. I've known some cocky Cowboys fans who think the world should revolve around the Cowboys because they're the Cowboys. That's how I took the comment.

There are fans of 31 other NFL teams who want to watch their games.

That wasn't being cocky so much as being frustrated that I no longer get to see every game. I grew up in sight of Texas stadium in Irving but have lived in Florida for 30+ years. To make up for not having the Cowboys every weekend sweet baby jesus gave me 5 carnival cruise ports within easy driving distance. ;)

Several years ago I was in Dallas for work and was lucky enough to be a guest of one of my vendors in their suite at Texas Stadium (before the fancy new stadium was built). That was the game the Saints beat us like 70 to 6 or something horrendous. I drowned my sorrows in the free Shiner Bock and bbq and got myself ready to cheer again next the week.

That wasn't being cocky so much as being frustrated that I no longer get to see every game. I grew up in sight of Texas stadium in Irving but have lived in Florida for 30+ years. To make up for not having the Cowboys every weekend sweet baby jesus gave me 5 carnival cruise ports within easy driving distance. ;)

Several years ago I was in Dallas for work and was lucky enough to be a guest of one of my vendors in their suite at Texas Stadium (before the fancy new stadium was built). That was the game the Saints beat us like 70 to 6 or something horrendous. I drowned my sorrows in the free Shiner Bock and bbq and got myself ready to cheer again next the week.

Sunday Ticket is the way to go if you can get Directv. At least the Cowboys get about 5 nationally televised games every year. I lived in Abilene in the late 90's when the Saints were really terrible. We only got maybe 1 nationally televised game a year back then. I used to have to get to a sports bar at 10:30am every sunday to get a table and reserve a TV for the Saints game. I was usually the only person in the place that wanted to watch the Saints. One of those years was a 3-13 season...that was a rough one.

I Facebooked John Heald. All ships are local Miami stations. So probably no Dallas Cowboy's game on the 18th for us. Oh well we will just have to so something else completely awesome! It will be our first sea day so it's gonna be a good day!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 weeks later...

This is a longshot for big football fans. Over the past year or two, the NFL has had games in London start at 9:30Eastern and shown them all over the country. There are 3 of these per year.

It just so happens that we will be cruising on one of those Sundays when our team (Indianapolis) is in London with an early start time.

Does anyone recall seeing NFL football before noon on their TV's in the past year??

Thanks

This is a longshot for big football fans. Over the past year or two, the NFL has had games in London start at 9:30Eastern and shown them all over the country. There are 3 of these per year.

It just so happens that we will be cruising on one of those Sundays when our team (Indianapolis) is in London with an early start time.

Does anyone recall seeing NFL football before noon on their TV's in the past year??

Thanks

I don't believe they've been showing those games for the entire country...just for people who are in markets that would normally get that game. Last year they had one London game everyone could get but you had to stream it on yahoo.

If anyone needs it this is the site to see which markets are getting which games. They update it each week on Wednesday.

http://506sports.com/

So if the ships are getting Miami stations, they'll get Green Bay @ Jacksonville for the early game this week...and Miami @ Seattle, NY Giants @ Dallas for late games.

I don't believe they've been showing those games for the entire country...just for people who are in markets that would normally get that game. Last year they had one London game everyone could get but you had to stream it on yahoo.

Actually, the Indianapolis/Jacksonville game will be on CBS for the entire country. So you should be able to view it in your rooms, at least.

None of the London games will be streamed this year. The Washington/Cincinnati game on October 30 will be on FOX throughout the country. So those interested in that game should be able to watch that on board. (I'm extremely interested in that game. However, my cruise isn't for another year after that).

The NY Giants/LA Rams game on October 24 will be in the NFL Network. I don't think Carnival gets the NFL Network, so you probably won't be able to watch that game on board.

Actually, the Indianapolis/Jacksonville game will be on CBS for the entire country. So you should be able to view it in your rooms, at least.

None of the London games will be streamed this year. The Washington/Cincinnati game on October 30 will be on FOX throughout the country. So those interested in that game should be able to watch that on board. (I'm extremely interested in that game. However, my cruise isn't for another year after that).

The NY Giants/LA Rams game on October 24 will be in the NFL Network. I don't think Carnival gets the NFL Network, so you probably won't be able to watch that game on board.

You're right. They have them listed as "special" this year. They haven't done that in previous years. The Giants/Rams game is on the 23rd though.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nfl-tv-schedule-fox-cbs-nbc-sunday-night-football-espn-mnf-nfln-tnf/

Thank You LadyBebop.......I am glad that CBS is in every room. Will be a great start to a day at sea. Looking forward to it.

Saint Greg....u have been wrong at least twice in one thread. Once these games went to early starts at 930AM EST, they were on across the country. Including at 0430 in Honolulu. You were referring to 2-3 years ago when the London games started at 100PM Eastern at the same time as the rest of the league.

Thank You LadyBebop.......I am glad that CBS is in every room. Will be a great start to a day at sea. Looking forward to it.

Saint Greg....u have been wrong at least twice in one thread. Once these games went to early starts at 930AM EST, they were on across the country. Including at 0430 in Honolulu. You were referring to 2-3 years ago when the London games started at 100PM Eastern at the same time as the rest of the league.

0207INTER_F_20100207222717.jpg

I'm a diehard Seahawks fan, and I'm trying to figure out if the game might be on the ship when I sail. I'm on the 10/16 sailing on the Splendor out of Miami. There are 2 late games (4:25pm EST) on embarkation day. Seahawks vs. Falcons, and Packers vs. Cowboys. No Florida teams. For those familiar with the local Miami stations, would they be more likely to show the Packers/Cowboys since they're both popular teams? Or Seahawks/Falcons since Atlanta is the closest of the cities to Miami? TIA!

I'm a diehard Seahawks fan, and I'm trying to figure out if the game might be on the ship when I sail. I'm on the 10/16 sailing on the Splendor out of Miami. There are 2 late games (4:25pm EST) on embarkation day. Seahawks vs. Falcons, and Packers vs. Cowboys. No Florida teams. For those familiar with the local Miami stations, would they be more likely to show the Packers/Cowboys since they're both popular teams? Or Seahawks/Falcons since Atlanta is the closest of the cities to Miami? TIA!

I would bet that the Packers/Cowboys game is shown overwhelmingly everywhere but the Seattle and Atlanta markets. Sorry!

For those that have NFL Sunday Ticket, get the app on your phone or tablet and buy the WiFi for a day. Can watch all the games you want! Sitting on the Lido deck last November watching the Steelers play while ordering buckets of beer was a blast!

For those that have NFL Sunday Ticket, get the app on your phone or tablet and buy the WiFi for a day. Can watch all the games you want! Sitting on the Lido deck last November watching the Steelers play while ordering buckets of beer was a blast!

Wow...I'm surprised you were able to stream games. I've bought the most expensive Internet package the past two cruises and I haven't been able to stream any video. On my last cruise I couldn't even stream audio during the day. I could get audio late at night when most people were in bed and not using Internet. The cruise before that I could stream audio all the time. Never video. Hopefully I can on the next cruise. Those were on Elation. This is Triumph. I won't sail on a Saturday or Sunday during football season but it would be nice to stream other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Saint Greg

I would bet that the Packers/Cowboys game is shown overwhelmingly everywhere but the Seattle and Atlanta markets. Sorry!
This would be correct. Based on early (tentative) information, GB-DAL is projected to be the "national" broadcast in the late slot.

Wow...I'm surprised you were able to stream games. I've bought the most expensive Internet package the past two cruises and I haven't been able to stream any video. On my last cruise I couldn't even stream audio during the day. I could get audio late at night when most people were in bed and not using Internet. The cruise before that I could stream audio all the time. Never video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't say it worked flawlessly but it worked well enough to watch most of the game. I'd say it was about 4-5 times it froze up. Simply restarted the app each time. This was on the Sunshine. Maybe it was just luck on my part.