Just Off Empress, Ask Away

Our Cruise Compasses state:

Day 1 - casual/70's attire

Day 2 - Casual/White Attire

Day 3 - Casual/90's attire

Day 4 - Casual

Day 5 - Casual/90's attire

The teens are one thing but for us older folk, we stay simple.

_____

I took 2 pairs of slacks, 5 Haggar Cool 18 shirts, a couple pairs of shorts.

___

I put the Cruise Compasses online for your enjoyment. Have fun!

www.borgatabb.com/cruiseinfo/day1-empress.pdf

www.borgatabb.com/cruiseinfo/day2-empress.pdf

www.borgatabb.com/cruiseinfo/day3-empress.pdf

www.borgatabb.com/cruiseinfo/day4-empress.pdf

www.borgatabb.com/cruiseinfo/day5-empress.pdf

Thanks to everyone answering questions that has been on the Empress recently!

My wife and I are cruising on the Empress on the 20th and were hoping to pack really light since the kids won't be with us this time. Does anyone wear shorts to dinner? How strictly is the dress code enforced on the Empress? I was hoping it would be more relaxed since formal nights are gone. Thanks for any info!

Thanks to everyone answering questions that has been on the Empress recently!

My wife and I are cruising on the Empress on the 20th and were hoping to pack really light since the kids won't be with us this time. Does anyone wear shorts to dinner? How strictly is the dress code enforced on the Empress? I was hoping it would be more relaxed since formal nights are gone. Thanks for any info!

It states on the Cruise Compass (see above links) for MDR and Specialty restaurants that shorts are allowed at breakfast and lunch. It does not state that for the Windjammer. I really didn't look but it's not that hard to throw a pair of dockers in the bag and some polo shirts. One has to think of it this way: Some will bring formal attire regardless or at least attempt to dress for dinner. I did see quite a few jackets and ties. If you did this would you want someone with shorts on at the table? IMO.

Honestly, it's just common sense. There's always the trough (Windjammer) for those that hang out at the pool or come back to the ship late. :) The foods not bad but there are a lot of hands touching the serving spoons.

stupid question but what deck do you board on? Will I be invited to the parties (outside Boleros, galley tour, etc) as a D+ member?

Deck 5 was boarding and debarkation. No steep inclines to board - straight shot over.

Look at the link below and your questions shall be answered.

http://www.cimorelli.com/cruises/empress2016/empress2016.htm

Empress does more than other ships do and include Diamond and above in many. Probably due to no lounges. Nevertheless, nice touch and kudos to Empress management for taking care of their guests.

Semper Fi!

Dress is very casual in MDR. First cruise I ever wore jeans to dinner. Very refreshing change to be honest. Shorts were common at our late assigned dinner also. No need to overpack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk