Whopper of a Deal & New Oceania Pricing

RedneckBob

Hi y'all Redneck Bob hear!

I will tackle the last issue first; new Oceania pricing. Just got in mail a 2017 brochure for Europe 2017. There was a extra column for pricing that excluded everything except cruise price. A 7 day Med cruise on the Riviera started at $699/person for inside. Now that's competitive with mass market lines!

Then I got a whopper of a deal but not at Burger King:D. (originally posted on HAL)

Bottom line was that on line TA made a Huge pricing mistake for a 10 day cruise on Riviera in Caribbean. Since I was first to book it they honored the mistake. I can not disclose price but my cabin credit is almost the same as price per person. Anyone of y'all ever hear of this happening to you.

I will tackle the last issue first; new Oceania pricing. Just got in mail a 2017 brochure for Europe 2017. There was a extra column for pricing that excluded everything except cruise price. A 7 day Med cruise on the Riviera started at $699/person for inside. Now that's competitive with mass market lines!

Then I got a whopper of a deal but not at Burger King:D. (originally posted on HAL)

Bottom line was that on line TA made a Huge pricing mistake for a 10 day cruise on Riviera in Caribbean. Since I was first to book it they honored the mistake. I can not disclose price but my cabin credit is almost the same as price per person. Anyone of y'all ever hear of this happening to you.

Hey Bob that's great news.When is the med cruise at such a good price? We were looking to try Regent again after our first (and only) cruise with them,but just got an email to say that there will be a price hike in September due to Brexit.Wondered if we could get a good deal on Oceania instead.

😄

Hey Bob that's great news.When is the med cruise at such a good price? We were looking to try Regent again after our first (and only) cruise with them,but just got an email to say that there will be a price hike in September due to Brexit.Wondered if we could get a good deal on Oceania instead.

😄

Traveling today. Will let you know tomorrow the date of the Med cruise for $699

It is on the Oceania website at least the US site

Not sure if it shows on the Oceania website in the UK but some sailings it has " ASK ABOUT CRUISE -ONLY PRICING"

According to latest mail offering

"All of the voyages in our Europe collection now feature Cruise-Only Fares

Sail from $649."

The fine print ...taxes/fees are extra it may be still rolled into the pricing for UK bookings but on the North American site it is listed separately for the cruise only specials

We booked a cruise where the fare was half of Brochure fare. Some how the promo got emailed out with a price of half off the prmoto fare and the half of ended up being 25% of the fare.f

I guess they did not pay the proof reader enough $$ :D

That is a heck of a deal then

Yes -but- O did not want to honor it. I had it in writing. Not my regular Travel Agent. So we got two for one really - or 25% off the promo fare each.

Hi Kathy. Which cruise did you book?

$699 for a 7 day cruise in Europe. We sail with Holland America a lot and this price is lower than HAL.

Any comments from frequent Oceania cruisers. What am I missing? No more lobster tails, crab legs or filets nightly at Terrace Cafe :D

$699 for a 7 day cruise in Europe. We sail with Holland America a lot and this price is lower than HAL.

Any comments from frequent Oceania cruisers. What am I missing? No more lobster tails, crab legs or filets nightly at Terrace Cafe :D

cruise only pricing so no O Life perks or OBC

No included air plus you pay the taxes & fees on top of the lead in pricing

which is for inside cabins

Edited by LHT28

Whilst at work my husband got a call from our agent to upgrade from A3 to penthouse 11001 on Rivera for £350 total.( one week med)Has he done the right thing? I think it's a good deal but was never fussed about a penthouse.

Can you tell me about a butler? Did someone mention getting a pre-order of sun loungers on the balcony.?

Many thanks.

Whilst at work my husband got a call from our agent to upgrade from A3 to penthouse 11001 on Rivera for £350 total.( one week med)Has he done the right thing? I think it's a good deal but was never fussed about a penthouse.

Can you tell me about a butler? Did someone mention getting a pre-order of sun loungers on the balcony.?

Many thanks.

I'm a huge proponent of the Butlers, but at £350 for a seven day cruise, you're probably on the cusp of value versus money, unless you're the "breakfast in bed" type.

oceania-penthouse-butler-horizontal.jpeg

Butled Suites offer the option of Course by Course dining in the room for breakfast, luncheon and dinner, AND the ability to order from the Specialty Restaurant menu's as room service (Dinner only).

032614.jpg

As far as Lounge Chairs go, only the "extended veranda" penthouses on Deck 7, specifically 7128 thru 7135 inclusive, have veranda's which are large enough to accommodate them.

A typical Penthouse veranda looks like this:

092443.jpg

cruise only pricing so no O Life perks or OBC

No included air plus you pay the taxes & fees on top of the lead in pricing

which is for inside cabins

I understand what is excluded.

Hal's price also excludes the same as O except you will get a $25-$50 cabin credit for an inside cabin. At the $699 price it is a "no brainer" to sail on Oceania.