B A flights

Sunshine Boy

Hi

Apparently when on a scheduled flight such as we have been informed a B A flight is you need to collect your own luggage and take it to the coach transfer

Does anyone know if this is correct or not as I am getting conflicting info from P and O

Hi

Apparently when on a scheduled flight such as we have been informed a B A flight is you need to collect your own luggage and take it to the coach transfer

Does anyone know if this is correct or not as I am getting conflicting info from P and O

Sorry, but not sure on this one. Have to say on Celebrity we had a BA flight and we had to collect our luggage and take it to the coach. To be honest, this was the same when they used Jet2 as well. Only OV and P&O take your cases for you that we are aware of. :)

Check out the details on your flight info on your cruise personaliser as ours is pretty clear about what happens.

yes, that's what happened to us in 2013, we had to go through a normal immigration, get luggage and take it to find a pando rep who directed us to a van that took us to the ship. not as quick or as easy as charter but you end up in the same place. Charter is better IMHO

Ok thanks I will check on the cp but I will need some help as my better half is a wheelchair user hopefully that will form part of the arrangements

I'm sure that they will have it all sorted for you - if not then once you mention it they will give you the help you need. Have a great time. When are you sailing? We go soon too:)

Not to soon October

We're off in just a few days so will keep an eye out for what happens in Genoa when we land. Will try to remember to reply to you when we get home --- if you hear nothing remind us :)

We did the Genoa to Genoa cruise on Oceana in May. We too were put on a BA scheduled flight. When we landed at Genoa we had to go into the airport (it's very small) go through passport control - very quick - then the carousel was in front of us. We reclaimed our luggage and were then directed out of the airport to go to a large lorry which was taking all the hold luggage. We then boarded a coach - driver put cabin luggage underneath - and were taken to the port.

Our return trip was much easier - we had to put our hold luggage outside our cabin the night before we left - same as you do in the Caribbean - and we didn't see it again until we got to our home airport. We were then taken to the airport, straight through security and to the departure lounge - all very easy.

The advantage of travelling with BA was the luggage allowance. As well as the 23kg hold luggage allowance you can take a cabin bag, size up to 56cm x45x25cm, plus women can take a handbag as well. The limit of the cabin bag is believe it or not 23kg! However, you must be able to lift the bag into the overhead locker. This allowance made packing much easier as we were able to put heavier things - like chargers - into our cabin bags.

Hope this helps.

Hi

I have flown on a number of occasions to join P&O cruises.

Whenever it has been by scheduled airline, e.g. British Airways, your luggage has always been your responsibility to collect from the carousel.

On some charter flights, but not all, luggage has been transferred to the ship as part of the package.

If in doubt check with your check-in desk.

On balance I would prefer a scheduled flight, especially with BA as the luggage allowance is higher.

Hi

Yes you do need to collect your own luggage

I have flown on a number of occasions to join P&O cruises.

Whenever it has been by scheduled airline, e.g. British Airways, your luggage has always been your responsibility to collect from the carousel.

On some charter flights, but not all, luggage has been transferred to the ship as part of the package.

If in doubt check with your check-in desk.

On balance I would prefer a scheduled flight, especially with BA as the luggage allowance is higher.

More hand luggage but still only 23kgs unless you buy more

Thanks again I just wish PO could be better with the information it passes on

One person saying no need to collect your luggage (knowing it was a BA flight) and one saying yes collect your own luggage all to confuse especially as this is our first fly cruise but hopefully we will have some assistance just waiting to hear from the mobility department

Thanks again I just wish PO could be better with the information it passes on

One person saying no need to collect your luggage (knowing it was a BA flight) and one saying yes collect your own luggage all to confuse especially as this is our first fly cruise but hopefully we will have some assistance just waiting to hear from the mobility department

Good Luck, All will be well and I am more than certain that P&O will give you all the help you need

Don't stress about it - P&O I am sure will give you all the help you need ENJOY

I do remember that near to our sail date that there was a note added to our Cruise Personaliser, under the Itinerary Section where it states the flight, that we would need to collect our hold luggage in Genoa and we'd be directed where to go.