My hunt for a plain Jane martini on Celebrity.

ycl

I am a dirty martini girl. Imagine my dismay when I finally snag a spot at the Martini bar, place my order and receive a glass of olive brine with small manzanilla olives. Where I come from manzanillas are used for hors d'oeuvres and cooking. Queen olives are the norm for martinis. Blue cheese stuffed queens takes them to the next level. Make it kalamata olives and I'm a happy glam camper. But I digress. Am I expecting too much? Do I really need to bring my own?

I am so glad I read this. we will have the premium BP on our reflection cruise. I was really looking forward to getting a dirty martini at the martini bar. But there is NO WAY I am putting a pimento stuffed olive in my martini. :eek: I guess I will be bringing my own bleu cheese stuffed olives. :D Will I have a problem bringing them onboard?

I would check and make certain you can bring glass. When we sailed on Carnival, we were not allowed to bring, glass, but could bring cans. We brought olives we love that come in a can on that cruise.

When we talk about types of olives - crazy feta stuffed olives in my dirties are my favorite. Crazy feta is made by a local restaurant - basically jalapeno infused feta cheese. Soooo good!

I would check and make certain you can bring glass. When we sailed on Carnival, we were not allowed to bring, glass, but could bring cans. We brought olives we love that come in a can on that cruise.

When we talk about types of olives - crazy feta stuffed olives in my dirties are my favorite. Crazy feta is made by a local restaurant - basically jalapeno infused feta cheese. Soooo good!

Fret not! I have brought olives in glass jars numerous time on Celebrity. Remember, you can bring 2 bottles of wine aboard - I have never heard of "wine in a can".

Thank Goodness we are not "Carny Folk".

Our ship sails from Athens. My plan is to swing by the produce market and buy a variety of Greek olives to try with my martinis. My only concern is finding olives without pits. While pits do not bother me, skewering them may prove tricky. But I am up for the task. :D BTW, ROK BGERs in Miami roll a thick slice of bacon around a blue cheese stuffed olive and lay it across the top of the martini. It is amazing!

Although I'm not a martini fan, I've been following this thread. Today in the coupon paper that comes with the Sunday paper there is a coupon for a product called "Olives to Go" from Pearls. They come in little plastic containers and advertise "no liquid", appear to have several different varieties.