Dining Room open for lunch?

happythoughts

Are any of the main dining rooms open for lunch on embarkation day (Royal)?

How about sea days, port days? If so, which ones?

One dining room is open on embarkation day, but only until 1 or 1:30. A dining room is only open for lunch on sea days or days when the ship arrives in port after lunch. You'll have to check your Patters to see which dining room is open.

One dining room is open on embarkation day, but only until 1 or 1:30. A dining room is only open for lunch on sea days or days when the ship arrives in port after lunch. You'll have to check your Patters to see which dining room is open.
On most ships it is the midship DR on Fiesta deck that is open for lunch on embarkation and sea days. On the Diamond and Sapphire it is the aft International DR. The DR can be open for lunch on early departure days or late arrival days but that is not guaranteed.

On most ships it is the midship DR on Fiesta deck that is open for lunch on embarkation and sea days. On the Diamond and Sapphire it is the aft International DR. The DR can be open for lunch on early departure days or late arrival days but that is not guaranteed.
For example, our Aruba stop was all aboard at noon and the DR was open for lunch that day and the same with an all onboard at noon in Ketchikan and an all onboard at 12:30 in La Paz. We had a noon arrival in Aarhus and the DR was open for lunch that day. On Alaskan cruises Victoria is usually a late arrival, 7:00PM, and the DR is open for lunch that day. Edited by IECalCruiser

Everyone from check in on will encourage you to go to the buffet when you board...even right up to the door of the open dining room they asked me if I was looking for the buffet. We always have a nice quiet meal on embarkation in a dining room and avoid the extreme craziness of the buffet....salmon is always good.

You might be very surprised at the quality & selections of the Horizon buffet compared to that of the other ships. ;)
The Horizon Court/Horizon Bistro on the Royal and Regal are definitely a step up from other Princess ships with an overwhelming selection of foods. We even ate dinner there most nights. That being said, I know my cruise has really started when I am having lunch in the DR [emoji4][emoji4]

The Horizon Court/Horizon Bistro on the Royal and Regal are definitely a step up from other Princess ships with an overwhelming selection of foods. We even ate dinner there most nights. That being said, I know my cruise has really started when I am having lunch in the DR [emoji4][emoji4]

The Princess Horizon buffet is just OK on most of their ships for lunch & dinner but as most people agree with the buffet on Regal & Royal is heads above the typical for all meals. As you said, even dinner is over the top on some nights especially when there doesn't seem to be anything of interest on the DR menu.

We tend to eat quickly & it provides us with viewing what we want without any waiting plus we can sample each entree without having to order an individual plate.

We start off a cruise on Royal or Regal with lunch at Alfredo's. Agree with others that dinner at the Horizon Court on these ships is a great option, both in the varied food options and pace of meal.
I agree the Alfredo's with the expanded menu it very nice and we have skipped the embarkation night menu to have dinner there. But for lunch, I need my fix of beef medallions and Grand Marnier soufflé. Edited by IECalCruiser

I agree the Alfredo's with the expanded menu it very nice and we have skipped the embarkation night menu to have dinner there. But for lunch, I need my fix of beef medallions and Grand Marnier soufflé.

I agree. As much as we love Alfredo's, a nice quiet lunch in the mdr on embarkation day means "we're cruising"!