Water bottles- I'm so confused!

BoeBoe

Hello, all! I'm new Carnival. I read that you can't bring water bottles, but I've read reviews on the Carnival Liberty page where cruisers suggested bringing water bottles. Can anyone clarify?

Also, what do you do if you can't bring water bottles? Do you have to purchase them on board? If so, how much.

Thanks bunches!

No water bottles allowed to be brought on board....you can pre purchase a 12 pack in the Carnival Fun Shops for $3.99 for a 12 pack. It will be in your room when you board

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

Just to make sure I understand. When I hear the term water bottles, I think of a empty bottle that you would fill up yourself. Last I knew you could bring them. What you can not bring is bottled water(cans are ok), that you can buy on the ship for a reasonable price. We always bring tervis mugs and a few pops.

Hello, all! I'm new Carnival. I read that you can't bring water bottles, but I've read reviews on the Carnival Liberty page where cruisers suggested bringing water bottles. Can anyone clarify?

Also, what do you do if you can't bring water bottles? Do you have to purchase them on board? If so, how much.

Thanks bunches!

They want you to buy them on the ship.

That is correct. No filled water bottles(or soda bottles) because they didn't always make it on board with soda or water. They sell water. It's gery cheap to pre purchase. I know you can take empty cups and tumblers on board. I'm not sure about empty plastic water bottles though

Just for clarification. Water bottles or containers to fill can be brought on empty. Bottled water cannot be brought on.

Yes, they made us pour out the water in our insulated bottles (then made us stand in line in a hot, stuffy room for over an hour with not even a water fountain, but I digress!). But then we had our bottles to refill all week.

They do offer a 12 pack of bottled water for a reasonable price. You can order ahead and it will be waiting in your room. Or you can order it onboard for the same price, but you will also be charged the 15% service charge from room service.

Yes, they made us pour out the water in our insulated bottles (then made us stand in line in a hot, stuffy room for over an hour with not even a water fountain, but I digress!). But then we had our bottles to refill all week.

They do offer a 12 pack of bottled water for a reasonable price. You can order ahead and it will be waiting in your room. Or you can order it onboard for the same price, but you will also be charged the 15% service charge from room service.

I've never been charged a 15% service charge for Room Service. I tip the server a few bucks depending on what I ordered.

I've never been charged a 15% service charge for Room Service. I tip the server a few bucks depending on what I ordered.

I didn't actually order it myself, just quoting what I'd read here. And hauling a case of water would definitely merit more than a $0.60 (15%x$3.99) tip in my book!

The referenced 15% fee from room service is for delivery of items from the fun shop such as water.

You are correct regarding food item ordered do not have a gratuity added.

I can't find any receipts . Not a big deal, I'll just wait and see once on board . I just wish there was a way to see it online with your room booking

To find your receipt, if there is one, try running a keyword search in your email inbox for "carnival fun shops". My case of bottled water order confirmation is in my inbox (from way back in February) as:

(from) Carnival

(title) The Fun Shops Order Confirmation #xxxxxxxxxx