All your onboard communications needs...in one device!!

Danno

I've found the perfect way to communicate with one another while on a cruise...it never needs batteries, it travels easy (no security issues), won't annoy anyone, can be replaced for free (cruise line provides them), most people don't need instruction to use them....

Jill

Left before you got up...I'll be in the Coral Seas d/r, port side when you get up. (I've met a beautiful 20 year old with great, ahhhh, assets, and we are planning to run off together)...if you're going anywhere else leave me a note and I'll join you...if not, meet me in the Cova at 11.

Love D.

The sheer inginuity of the simple note pad is incredible...however it has a flaw...it won't make you feel like you're actually looking after your kids, when you ARE NOT...for that you'll need a walkie talkie.

(Sorry just couldn't resist all the lame excuses for needing electronic communication on a cruise ship....)

Dear Danno...I appreciate your note and the fact that you will be out of the cabin all day. I know that you won't survive more than a couple of minutes with your new friend so I certainly won't worry about that. However, please call the cabin before you return in case Jean Claud and I are still...shall we say... engaged. Love Jill

Danno...here is a quote from one of Dewayne's previous post...."Its gotten a little rough over on the RCCL boards as of late. I'm not sure what is going on, but you are sure to find a lot of helpful people. If you get a cranky one, just ignore them."

So I guess we just ignore him.

do so many people create inflammatory messages just for the sake of posting?

OP, you insult those of us who use walkie talkies to keep in touch with our families. Your conjecture notwithstanding, its none of your business.

One who blasts their messages via walkie-talkies for all to hear, shouldn't be critical of silent posts. :p

Danno,

I totally understand what your are getting at here. Sometimes we take advantage of technology to keep us intouch with our friends and family with-out consideration of how that technology impacts others.

We bought walkie talkies to use on our trip to Disney World, but then everybody in our party had Verizon Cell phones so we used those instead. The came in very handy when we wanted to split up and do seperate things due to age, height and activity restrictons. We had 12 in our party ranging from 7-63.

However a cellphone amongst the hustle and bustle of Disney World, is not disruptive in the way that blairing walkie-talkies would be on a cruise ship.

DH wants to bring them a long "just in case" we need them, but I am now thinking that I might "just not have room in my suitcase"

I'm not really sure that we would need them because we don't plan to allow our kids to walk around the ship willie nillie. We expect them to be in the room, in the kids club or with us. So if that is the case, do we really need a high tech communication device? Kids are 7 & 9, not old enough yet to be able to roam the ship by themselves.

So, I totally understand your point, and instead of just wining about it, you came up with a simple yet practicle solution for keep in touch in a humorous way.

A white board might also be a good idea. We used to use those in college to keep up with eachother.

Have you ever sailed with kids. Any other suggestions for keeping the family in touch with-out annoying others would be great and appreciated.

Apparently Arizona is the home of intelligent, courteous, people...not to meantion good parents...I'll cruise with you folks anytime!! I'll be the guy with the note pad :D !!

We sailed with Matthew, our son, several times...simple rules...if you are not with us, we must know where you are, if you are not where you are supposed to be...you are in trouble. Jill, I and Matt still use notes and the whiteboard, at home...

Most time we were with Matt...we enjoy his company, and I think he enjoys ours...he's 21 now and we have been very fortunate, he gave us very little trouble.

Jill

Checked back in the cabin. You were not here. The place is a mess. The bed sheets are all bundled up in the corner. The bathroom is still sending out waves of steam. Your night gown was left over the top of the light and the blinds were drawn. I'm going up to the Hemisphere with my 20 something. Meet us for a drink at 3.

Love D.

Suzanne, we bought walkie-talkies to take on a cruise with our ten year-old granddaughter. When we got on board they would not work. We chucked them, went to the gift shop, bought her a ten dollar watch and said, "Be such and such at such and such time" and signed her into the fun factory (at ten they can come and go). She never missed a time set the whole cruise. We all had a great, polite to others, cruise.

PS, it had not occured to me at that time that walkie-talkies are disruptive to others. So those who do use them just may not be thinking.

Danno,

I'm beginning to get a little suspicious about your motives for this thread. The beautiful 20 year old with great, ahhhh, assets. Those great assets wouldn't happen to be a pair of walkie talkies now, would they? ;)

I have another suggestion....I just plan on getting one of those 'leashes' for my boyfriend, the kind that have 2 cuffs with velcro, one for each person's hand, and the long telephone like spirally plastic cord between them. We won't have a use for walkie talkies because all I'll have to do is tug on the leash :p

Those great assets wouldn't happen to be a pair of walkie talkies now, would they? ;)

No...I don't think so...nothing great about those devices....:p...I thought you were worldly enough to figure it out ;) .

I have another suggestion....I just plan on getting one of those 'leashes' for my boyfriend, the kind that have 2 cuffs with velcro, one for each person's hand, and the long telephone like spirally plastic cord between them. We won't have a use for walkie talkies because all I'll have to do is tug on the leash :p

kinky :cool:

I can't wait to board the ship....and wave goodbye to our phones, walkie talkies, and any thing else that makes an annoying noise!! DH is on call 24/7:eek: , unless on leave ......My daughters will be with my mom -safe and sound (Mom knows how to get ahold of me in case of emergency)

Is it November 20th yet?? :rolleyes:

Archived