Purchasing water with Cheers Package

heffa72

So looking at the fine print of the Cheers package it appears I need to walk up to certain bars to get water if I want it for free. And if I want to get it at the store, I would have to pay.

Are they that strict that you have to go to the bar to get water/energy drinks and you can't go to the store? Makes no sense to me why they'd split hairs, so I thought I'd ask.

(see screenshot thumbnail)

cheers.jpg.b480fb22fe9a9eb40395e413de428da3.jpg

So looking at the fine print of the Cheers package it appears I need to walk up to certain bars to get water if I want it for free. And if I want to get it at the store, I would have to pay.

Are they that strict that you have to go to the bar to get water/energy drinks and you can't go to the store? Makes no sense to me why they'd split hairs, so I thought I'd ask.

What store are you talking about?

Yes it's true.

What store are you talking about?

I'm not sure. The stores on deck 5 (where the souviner shops are)...I'm guessing that's the only other place they're referring to when they say "outside the main dining room and specialty restaurants".

But I guess looking closer it says the 500ml bottles are at any bar so I guess I won't have a problem. I'm just making sure I can grab a lifewater or whatever and a bottle water for the room before heading to bed. But I guess it sounds like I can get one at any bar.

You do realize there's almost always a bar within spitting distance of the store/shop, don't you?

Make no sense to me why you're splitting hairs so I thought I'd ask.

I'm not sure. The stores on deck 5 (where the souviner shops are)...I'm guessing that's the only other place they're referring to when they say "outside the main dining room and specialty restaurants".

But I guess looking closer it says the 500ml bottles are at any bar so I guess I won't have a problem. I'm just making sure I can grab a lifewater or whatever and a bottle water for the room before heading to bed. But I guess it sounds like I can get one at any bar.

no it doesn't cover purchases from fun shops. but the bars are everywhere, and will probably always be more convenient anyway. i wouldn't worry about it.

if you are mostly concerned with a supply in the room, you can get a 12 pack for 3.99 delivered to your room before you even get there - or during the cruise...

https://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/SP4/bottled-water-sm-bottles-12-pack

don't worry about it :)

I don't read it as 'certain' bars. It simply says the 500ml served in bars. Sounds to me like any bar will have them. And there are plenty of those!

You can also get the 1 and 1.5 liter bottles in the main dining room and specialty restaurants. I will be grabbing one of those for the room at night.

I can bet that most of the time, personally, I would be closer to a bar than to the store. :p I am assuming you mean the one that sells sundries and snacks?

Edited by Bookbug53

You can also get the 1 and 1.5 liter bottles in the main dining room and specialty restaurants. I will be grabbing one of those for the room at night.

Do you know if you have to eat in the MDR or specialty to get the larger bottles or can you just stop by and ask the hostess for one?

Do you know if you have to eat in the MDR or specialty to get the larger bottles or can you just stop by and ask the hostess for one?

No, but the bigger bottles are not included in cheers, they can be purchased at 25% off with the cheers package. You will have a bottle in your room when you get there, but if you open it you buy it.

If I'm reading correctly, the 1 and 1.5 liter bottles in the MDR are actually included with Cheers. The below is from Carnival's website.

The following beverages are now available within the enhanced CHEERS! program:

All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and glasses of wine, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving

Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, sodas (including specialty sodas) and juices

Specialty coffees and teas served in the main dining rooms, specialty

restaurants and coffee bars

Milkshakes, where applicable

RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea

500ml bottles of water served in bars and lounges

Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants

25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $50 USD per serving

25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants

25 percent discount off the menu price for all beverage classes and seminars

If I'm reading correctly, the 1 and 1.5 liter bottles in the MDR are actually included with Cheers. The below is from Carnival's website.

The following beverages are now available within the enhanced CHEERS! program:

All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and glasses of wine, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving

Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, sodas (including specialty sodas) and juices

Specialty coffees and teas served in the main dining rooms, specialty

restaurants and coffee bars

Milkshakes, where applicable

RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea

500ml bottles of water served in bars and lounges

Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants

25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $50 USD per serving

25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants

25 percent discount off the menu price for all beverage classes and seminars

You are reading it right.

I have already bought the Cheers package for my husband and I. Does Carnival allow passengers to bring on Soda. It is my first Carnival cruise and I like having a diet pepsi in the morning in my room.

Yes, we brought a 12 pack of unopened cans of pop each (2 in total) and had no issues, they may just open to the package to confirm they are all soda.

I have already bought the Cheers package for my husband and I. Does Carnival allow passengers to bring on Soda. It is my first Carnival cruise and I like having a diet pepsi in the morning in my room.

It must be in cans, not bottles. One 12 pack per person. You do know that the Cheers package includes soda though, right. You could always get one at night and take back to your cabin....if they would give you a can as opposed to a glass w/ice? You could always ask for the can.