Hotels near FLL without damage?

newbie55

Just got the call that our hotel in Pompano Beach has cancelled our reservations for next weekend (11/4), hoping someone can give me some guidance. DH & I are flying into FLL on Friday morning, and will be picking up the rest of our party at FLL at 9pm on Saturday, so we don't want to get too far from the airport. We were hoping for something quiet and beachfront....how far north do we have to go to get away from the hurricane damage? We're sailing out of Miami on Sunday, and don't want to get too far away from the port. (Or, does anyone have a suggestion for a quiet, beachfront, inexpensive hotel in Miami?)

Thanks!

Kim

The update on Ports mentioned the Hyatt Miami should be open once it regains power. Keep checking of Port of embarkation updates and keep calling chain hotels like Amerisuites, Holiday Inn, Embassy Suites, Courtyard, etc for opening updates. Hotels closer to the airport may open up sooner than beach front properties. Good Luck.

Just got the call that our hotel in Pompano Beach has cancelled our reservations for next weekend (11/4), hoping someone can give me some guidance. DH & I are flying into FLL on Friday morning, and will be picking up the rest of our party at FLL at 9pm on Saturday, so we don't want to get too far from the airport. We were hoping for something quiet and beachfront....how far north do we have to go to get away from the hurricane damage? We're sailing out of Miami on Sunday, and don't want to get too far away from the port. (Or, does anyone have a suggestion for a quiet, beachfront, inexpensive hotel in Miami?)

Thanks!

Kim

From what I have read on the "hotels" forum. The issue is power and water for most of the hotel in FLL. Most of the hotels didnt suffer much actual damage, but they arent accepting reservations until power and water have been restored.

You might want to go over there and read a few thread. Calling the 800# numbers of the national chains might also help identify a property that will be open this weekend in the FLL/Mia area.

Good Luck

Your best bet would be to try and find a hotel in downtown Miami or Miami Beach/South Beach. Most of the hotels in downtown Miami are open and have power. The problem is most are full with locals who don't have power - At this point you really can't worry about price, it's going to be quite difficult to find anything at all.

The majority of Fort Lauderdale hotels are not damaged, and the water issue has been resolved, but most still lack power and can't reopen until it comes back. More areas are coming back online all the time though, they're working 24/7... I just don't know of any that are open right now.

Archived