3 days to the Bahamas in an inside

warmwinds

We have never been on an S-class ship (love the M, kind of afraid of all the loud music issues, etc).

But we figured we'll never know unless we try.

We have decided to try one of the really short ones - 3 nights Bahamas - that way we can see if we like the ships for the future.

However, we didn't want to spend a lot on this experiment, so not only are we doing the short one, we are going with an inside cabin, something we haven't done in, oh, 20 years.

For just one day at sea we'll be exploring the ship, not sitting in our cabin.

I also know short cruises tend to attract a party crowd, which we most definitely are not, but again, for 3 days we'll deal with it.

Have 24 hours to make a decision, and just looking for feedback on anyone who has taken these 3-day jaunts to the Bahamas, and/or stayed in a forward inside cabin on Deck 7 (the S sticky didn't turn up anything for those cabins, even those next to us).

Our last few cruises have also been in Aqua and Blu, so we'll be going back into the MDR...but doing anytime seating since early was full and we don't want late.

So, three things out of our usual cruises - new ship, few days, different cabin.

Any advice?

We used to take the Carnival 3 day cruises all the time and always booked an inside becasue we could get them for less than $200 pp. Not Celebrity but it was an inside.

I can handed it for 3 days, anymore and I at least have to have a window.

Go for it and have fun. Other than the cabin we all get the same food, entertainment, etc. (mostly true)

Edited by Duanerice1

Pwe haven't found the music on the S class ships to be any louder than it is on the M class with the exception of music in the atrium on S class which can be heard all the way up. But we have never heard in our cabin. There are plenty of quiet places during the day and evening.

We prefer the buffet on the S class to the M class and overall like the S class better. Having said that we have 4 cruises booked on M Class & 2 on S class ships:rolleyes:

We're doing a 4 day cruise between Christmas and New Year and we are doing an inside cabin too, and haven't done anything but a balcony in about 15 years. We've always wanted to go on cruise with the ship decorated for Christmas but our schedules never worked or the price was through the ceiling. We've found that we spend less and less time on the balcony and on our last cruise in July, we basically paid for a balcony to dry our swimsuits. Besides, we are going to be on a cruise decorated for CHRISTMAS. How bad can it be???? :p

We did a New Year's cruise with the decorations still up and it was lovely!

Well, I paid the deposit, bought the air tickets - so I guess we're doing it!

I don't really care about the cabin, yes we love our balconies but for such a short time we'll be fine - make us get out of the cabin more to explore the (new to us) ship.

Looking forward to being on an S for the first time, looking forward to a day in Atlantis (why not, we've been to Nassau before, I know the Atlantis negatives but I have to see for myself), it will be a nice little after-the-holidays break.

We have mostly done Holiday Cruises (due to time off from work) and have mainly always had an Inside Cabin. We even did a B2B (21 nights) in an inside cabin on the Equinox. Best time we ever had. This particular sailing confirmed my bucket wishlist of doing a world cruise. :rolleyes:

For us it's always of getting the best deal/price that we can at the time for the time/dates we plan to sail. So I usually begin asking for Interiors and then take it from there. For the most part we are not in our cabins all that much. We look at it this way, it's just a place to sleep, rest, shower, and change basically.

What we like mostly about not having a window, is that its a bit cooler and if we want to nap during the day, we don't have to draw the drapes. LOL!

Having said this, I will say that we have also sailed in both Ocean View and Aft Balcony cabins as well and have enjoyed them too.

Give the inside a try, I'm sure you won't be completely disappointed.

Happy Sailings!

Edited by alliebrandy

We have never been on an S-class ship (love the M, kind of afraid of all the loud music issues, etc).

We have decided to try one of the really short ones - 3 nights Bahamas - that way we can see if we like the ships for the future.

However, we didn't want to spend a lot on this experiment, so not only are we doing the short one, we are going with an inside cabin, something we haven't done in, oh, 20 years.

I also know short cruises tend to attract a party crowd, which we most definitely are not, but again, for 3 days we'll deal with it.

Have 24 hours to make a decision, and just looking for feedback on anyone who has taken these 3-day jaunts to the Bahamas, and/or stayed in a forward inside cabin on Deck 7 (the S sticky didn't turn up anything for those cabins, even those next to us).

Our last few cruises have also been in Aqua and Blu, so we'll be going back into the MDR...but doing anytime seating since early was full and we don't want late.

So, three things out of our usual cruises - new ship, few days, different cabin.

Any advice?

I have to say, you get the best naps during inside cabins. It's DARK *grin*

I've done a few 3-day cruisers, and the party atmosphere is a bit overblown I find. Yes, there is more drinking, and things going on, but I expect on a Celebrity cruise it won't be that bad.

Any advice?

If you don't spend a lot of time in the cabin why pay so much more for a balcony?

If you don't spend a lot of time in the cabin why pay so much more for a balcony?

On THIS 3-day (one day at sea) cruise we will be exploring the new ship, not spending a lot of time in the cabin. Justifying paying less because it will be such a short cruise.

On most cruises we take (7-14 days) we practically live out on the balcony, well worth it to us.

On THIS 3-day (one day at sea) cruise we will be exploring the new ship, not spending a lot of time in the cabin. Justifying paying less because it will be such a short cruise.

On most cruises we take (7-14 days) we practically live out on the balcony, well worth it to us.

There are 5 S-class ships, which are you going on?

We have sailed the Reflection, which is our favorite ship, and are booked for our 3rd time on the Equinox.

It's the Silhouette.

Funny, but we were booked on her a few years ago but my MIL was very ill (she passed away when we would have been on the cruise) and we obviously cancelled before going, so I think it's ironic that that will still be our first S class ship.

n

Any advice?

DW and I have been on Equinox twice for 10 day cruises and stayed in an inside cabin 9160 on deck 9. DW likes it so much we are doing it again in March 2017. The layout of the deck is similar on deck 7. We save $500 p\p on a 10 day doing it this way. We don't get the classic drink package offered with a balcony but we don't drink much any.

If you look at the forward part of the deck you will see there are inside cabins on an inner corridor which is shielded from the outer hallway. Number 1, since it is shielded you will get no traffic from others going by on the deck hallway so it is quiet. Number 2, the rooms provide plenty of room and are the size on the interior as the interior size of a balcony cabin. Number 3, they are located near the forward elevators which is a stable part of the ship and they provide easy access to the show lounge going down and the Solarium going up.

On deck 7 the cabins are 7188 thru 7150 in a row.

If we can go for 10 days 3 days should be a piece of cake.

The only thing I can say is I recommend that you have some kind of clock with you either an alarm clock or a cell phone because it is dark in the room and quiet so you may end up sleeping much later than you intend. Another good thing is to bring a foldable night light and\or keep the light on in the bathroom in case you have a tendency to need to get up in the middle of the night. Which at my age is a requirement ( well not THAT old ).

I only have 1 question: Can I go with you and have a Mudslide?

Enjoy your cruise, you will enjoy the S-Class ships. They are very beautiful, nicely appointed, the pool and the Solarium and the Windjammer buffet are great.

I hope you still have time to make a decision.

Edited by NordicPrince
typo

Thanks for the hints. We usually use the wake-up service on the phone (I know the M class does that), but I hadn't thought about darkness at night. I'm the one who gets up in the night and I usually have the side by the wall that curves around to the bathroom (gee, it will be all new, I don't even know what the configuration will be) but we'll figure something out before we go.

We did nothing but insides for over 10 years, got our first balcony the first year our daughter no longer was traveling with us, and that's all we heard "Thanks a LOT, I get stuck in insides and now that I'm not going you get a balcony"...um, yup, LOL.

I've got airfare, pre and post cruise hotels, everything is set.

It will be fun, something different.