Getaway prices not moving

newcastlemam

I am on the Nov 6 cruise as well. I booked back in January & havent seen the price go down at all. Once the people from the escape got booted back in April/May, the price has been going up and up probably b/c the getaway is now the newest ship sailing out of miami.

Should be a fun time!!

Is the itinerary for the Getaway more appealing? That's why we choose her over Escape but I'm very surprised by the pricing differences.

She is doing Western once back from Rio. Escape is doing the same route that Getaway had been doing, so I think those tired of St Thomas and Tortola and Nassau may be looking at Getaway. We have tired of the Easten route ourselves.

Since I posted a few days ago there has been zero price movement but many suites sold. Perhaps the "free" gratuities instead of the excursion credit has helped or the CAS program has stepped up.

The only downward movement has been BX, OX and IX.

Also, while Escape is having some downward movement, the prices are now in line with Getaway.

Edited by Annmeat

I am on the Nov 6 cruise as well. I booked back in January & havent seen the price go down at all. Once the people from the escape got booted back in April/May, the price has been going up and up probably b/c the getaway is now the newest ship sailing out of miami.

Should be a fun time!!

Check out our Nov 6 getaway roll call.

Slightly off topic, but related:

If I am past the final payment window (60ish days) and a better category drops below the price I paid, will they upgrade me if I call?

Just wondering. I don't expect that they would, but I figured it would be worth the phone call if they might.

I'm in the Nov 6th cruise also because it's teacher convention week in NJ. Some schools in NJ have the whole week, others 3 days so it is a big vacation week for us in NJ. It's the same time every year and prices seem to go up that week because places have caught on to that week. Years ago the prices were low and it was a great time to go on vacation. It's 4 of us and the plane fare was almost as much as the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
I am sailing on the getaway on the 17th and noticed this morning hat the price of a Mini suite is the same as what we paid for a balcony room. Will they make the switch for me if I call?

It normally has to be slightly higher even if only by a pound but it is worth a try [emoji3]

You also need to see the new "free at sea offers" and figure if its worth it. When i booked a Balcony Guarantee back in Jan, they offered 4 nites of SDP. A few months later, they only offered 3 nites of SDP.

Now a balcony guarantee isnt elgible for any free at sea promotion

I found it takes persistence. For our June sailing, the large balcony that I originally wanted (2 actually) were $400 more pp 3 months out. Then, dropped to the same price as our balcony rooms. They refused to move us because it was not an upgrade, the price was the same. After three calls, a savvy agent found a way for us to spend more by altering our free at sea choices. He explained that we only needed to spend $1 more to make the move. Spend more, it's yours. We loved the side by side large balcony rooms on 9 with the loungers, table and chairs. The teens even camped out one night! But, the change took persistence. Hang in there!!

I am sailing on the getaway on the 17th and noticed this morning hat the price of a Mini suite is the same as what we paid for a balcony room. Will they make the switch for me if I call?

i just booked the 17th on the getaway yesterday and have been watching the prices for a few weeks. They just dropped a fair amount.

i just booked the 17th on the getaway yesterday and have been watching the prices for a few weeks. They just dropped a fair amount.

That's great news! They moved us but we had to find a way to spend more. They wouldn't do it when the price was exactly the same. We changed a free at sea that caused for a bigger surcharge. And they moved us to the more expensive rooms for no additional charge. I had picked out the rooms before I called NCL. Good luck with your upgrade! Be persistent. Took me a while.

I'm so glad that I read this thread. It never occurred to me to call and see about an upgrade. After reading this thread, I called NCL re: our Nov 6 Getaway sailing and they upgraded the 3 of us from an inside to a balcony for a total of $96.50. I'm thrilled.

On another note, I picked this week because I would not have to pull my 11 yo from school, as she has the entire week off due to election day, teacher inservices and Veteran's Day. We live in Delaware.

Since NCL introduced the "sailaway" fares for the guarantee categories (IX, OX, BX, MX) they have been holding out until the last week or two before assigning cabins on most sailings. Because of this there may not actually as many cabins available for booking as there are unallocated cabins, so it's harder to know exactly how many rooms are actually unsold on any particular sailing.

I have also noticed that most post final payment price drops seems to be more on the "sailaway" guarantee category rates without the perks than on a rate that is inclusive of perks.

The price dumps have been coming out late. To take advantage of the deals, you really need to be flexible. I've enjoyed great rates this year, with using 10 cruise next deposits for $1250- off. I'm just back from NCL Dawn, that cost me- $348 with taxes on a single rate. Thought I had a great deal 2 weeks prior at $470. :) These were inside guarantees, which I am just fine with. :) The Escape and Getaway also dumped for this week at $449 and $399. My best deal this year was $379 again with all taxes on the Spirit in April for 14 days. :) booked a week ahead.

I expect to take advantage of a few more before the end of the year- especially with the double deposit usage, for $250 off. :)

The price dumps have been coming out late. To take advantage of the deals, you really need to be flexible. I've enjoyed great rates this year, with using 10 cruise next deposits for $1250- off. I'm just back from NCL Dawn, that cost me- $348 with taxes on a single rate. Thought I had a great deal 2 weeks prior at $470. :) These were inside guarantees, which I am just fine with. :) The Escape and Getaway also dumped for this week at $449 and $399. My best deal this year was $379 again with all taxes on the Spirit in April for 14 days. :) booked a week ahead.

I expect to take advantage of a few more before the end of the year- especially with the double deposit usage, for $250 off. :)

Awesome deals! I see those deals also but am never able to take advantage of them. I can't wait until I don't have to worry about kids being taken out of school or my work schedule. In the meantime, I'll just be happy for those of you who can take full advantage of the amazing deals!

I'm so glad that I read this thread. It never occurred to me to call and see about an upgrade. After reading this thread, I called NCL re: our Nov 6 Getaway sailing and they upgraded the 3 of us from an inside to a balcony for a total of $96.50. .

Nice deal! This far out, did you have luck with the usual booking # or with the upsell folks?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nice deal! This far out, did you have luck with the usual booking # or with the upsell folks?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just the regular booking number. But, honestly, I think I must have paid more than some of you initially based on the comments here. People are saying that they are not seeing price drops. But when I looked yesterday, prices were significantly less expensive than what I paid. So that may explain it. Plus it helped that I got 2 promotions with the balcony instead of just one promotion with the inside stateroom. So I chose the free gratuities (for the first 2 passengers) and that brought the upgrade cost down some too.

I noticed also no more last minute deals....very disappointing! I also see the ships are sailing with 73% left to be sold on a lot of sailings! Somethings gotta give they will need to lower fares or how will they afford to make a profit?!

I noticed also no more last minute deals....very disappointing! I also see the ships are sailing with 73% left to be sold on a lot of sailings! Somethings gotta give they will need to lower fares or how will they afford to make a profit?!

That 73 percent refers to the percentage of categories of unsold cabins, not the amount of cabins. There could be only one BA, M1, H4, IX etc,left, but since the category is available it is counted in that percentage. Cruise fish explains this on their website.

A cruise won't be sailing at only 27% occupancy. That would be like Getaway sailing with only 750 people aboard.

Edited by Annmeat

Not sure where you are looking but, there is a WHOLE list right NOW, Getaway, Escape, POA, Star has 2 awesome deals, that I am considering, Dawn, Breakaway and Gem for September.

this fall season has always been a jackpot for me, so looking to add a few more this year, especially with the automatic $250 off per cruise I get with the 2 deposit promotion. As I already mentioned, you HAVE to be flexible. Only way to take advantage of these last minute deals. IF you are only looking at one ship and day of sailing, then you have to be very accepting of not going.

Not sure where you are looking but, there is a WHOLE list right NOW, Getaway, Escape, POA, Star has 2 awesome deals, that I am considering, Dawn, Breakaway and Gem for September.

this fall season has always been a jackpot for me, so looking to add a few more this year, especially with the automatic $250 off per cruise I get with the 2 deposit promotion. As I already mentioned, you HAVE to be flexible. Only way to take advantage of these last minute deals. IF you are only looking at one ship and day of sailing, then you have to be very accepting of not going.

I envy the flexible! We need 90 days minimum for my husband's job, and we have to get the kiddos off to college..and once they are in college we will have to find real deals!

Edited by Annmeat