Freedom of the Seas Secrets

Do they serve GRITS? True delight to Southern born folks.

The simple answer to this question is 'yes'. On every sailing on Royal that we have been on in the WJ for breakfast grits are available or you can order a bowl of grits if you have breakfast in the MDR.

Get to the port at about 9:30 am. You will need to wait outside for a little bit, but being on the ship at 11/11:30 is awesome. Go straight to deck 11 aft, and to all the way to the back of the Windjammer and get a table by the window. By the time you're finished eating, it will start to be crowded- then use this time to wonder the ship :)

Egg Harbor in the Windjammer offers custom order eggs, but get there early (and also early in the week). As others find out about this option it will get crowded.

We like the Love and Marriage show that is similar to the Carnival newlywed show

The Ice Show is very good. It's free but you may need a "ticket". RCCL's way to spread out the crowd.

DON'T MISS the adult game show "The Quest"!! You don't have to play but should see it at least once (some things cant be unseen.....haha) It's usually the last night (or second to last night) at about 11:00 pm-ish at the skating rink/ Studio B. Read the cruise compass to find out when it is and get there early as it is very popular and will be crowded.

::)

[emoji33][emoji33]please don't expose my secret area lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am very careful about eating eggs off the line in the Windjammer. I am unfortunately very allergic to seafood. I put eggs on my plate with salmon without realizing it was in there. I caught it before I ate it so I had to start over with a new plate. Now we just order room service and they bring us our breakfast in the morning.

I tip the person who delivers and I can tell them what I like that is not on the card that you place on the door and I always have it the next morning. I always book a Junior Suite for the extra room. You get two Crown and Anchor points, a bathtub with the shower and we can spread out to eat our breakfast in our robes and sit on the balcony to drink our coffee.

In the Windjammer do they have low-fat dressings in the original bottle?

I don't have an answer for this (haven't yet been on Freedom :)), but I part of an email I got back from RCCL about special needs for food allergies included that "They may also bring on their own individual packets of salad dressings."

I don't have an answer for this (haven't yet been on Freedom :)), but I part of an email I got back from RCCL about special needs for food allergies included that "They may also bring on their own individual packets of salad dressings."

Thanks, on my last cruise I seemed to have a problem with the salad dressings that were provided in the Windjammer.

• 2 months later...
So far, Freedom is using the same old fleetwide menus:

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/download-press-kit/7/

Unfortunately they have altered the original menus. There is someone on the FOS right now doing a live report and has posted the first few menus.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2421725&highlight=freedom

No more shrimp cocktail every night and it appears the cuts of beef have been downgraded.

Unfortunately they have altered the original menus. There is someone on the FOS right now doing a live report and has posted the first few menus.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2421725&highlight=freedom

No more shrimp cocktail every night and it appears the cuts of beef have been downgraded.

Also, completely new menus are supposed to be coming fleetwide soon, but no word on when specific ships will get changed.

Also, completely new menus are supposed to be coming fleetwide soon, but no word on when specific ships will get changed.

If the new menus are the ones that were on the Harmony TA a couple of weeks ago I thought they were pretty good. The tiramasu was wonderful. A big improvement over the old ones. I really never went hungry.