Shore excursion back on time?

nannyof459

If I decide to wait until we reach Cozumel will we be able to book an excursion right off the ship? I am also concerned about getting back on time before the ship leaves. My bf wants to play it by ear...I'm more of a scheduler myself but it is a vacation..we want to have a great time. Never been to cozumel before and want to see it all or as much as we can. Advice & suggestions welcomed.

:D

If I decide to wait until we reach Cozumel will we be able to book an excursion right off the ship? I am also concerned about getting back on time before the ship leaves. My bf wants to play it by ear...I'm more of a scheduler myself but it is a vacation..we want to have a great time. Never been to cozumel before and want to see it all or as much as we can. Advice & suggestions welcomed.

:D

If you want the ability to see several things you can hire a taxi at the pier for 3-4 hours, prices posted on a board at each pier but check and agree with driver before you leave. Problem with that is that they are a "driver" not a tour operator and they may/may not speak English (if that is important). You should have some idea of where you want to visit because some drivers are a lot more helpful than others.

If you just want to go to the beach for the day, lots of possibilities of places to go, which are discussed over and over on this board, if you scroll down a page or two. Again all places and prices listed on the board (prices are per taxi, for 1-4 people in a taxi). Lots of taxis waiting for your return trip but allow time to get back to pier before last aboard time and note which of the THREE piers you are docked at.

Coz is pretty small and easy to get around on. Yes you can book once you're out of the pier area. No worries about getting back on time.

I second the recommendation to read the Cozumel forums on TA. Lots of great people with great information.