Interesting....."Seafood Corner" now on the Conquest

happy cruzin

They could put it that small comedy club ;)

They could........ Maybe we can wrap it up and make this a tipping thread, chair hog thread also.

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by jimbo5544

I don't know what I'm expecting. If it was fresh fish and chips, then the $6 might be worth it but I am, like you, not assuming it's good quality all around. The lobster is altogether overpriced, as is the clam chowder, but the fish actually isn't priced badly for AMAZING fish and chips. Lobster rolls are the same price on land though! I guess people just go nuts for lobster and that's what they're counting on.

I do agree with you and doubt it will be amazing. But your comment as to how different it "could" be is what I was replying to. In theory, it could be WAY better because it was pretty awful before (the actual fish and chips...I liked a few things at the old F&C venue). I have seen pics of the lobster and soup but none of the "new fried seafood so no data at all to judge on. It'd take a lot, at this point, for me to pay fo fish and chips on a Carnival ship after taking a few bites of the old stuff multiple times and being unable to eat it because it was so bad (only thing on ship I can think of that was this way except dishes I knew I might not like due to personal tastes).

I am from Connecticut and we pay a lot more for seafood here. A lobster roll would be at over $15. We went out for seafood tonight and I had a fried seafood combo ( scallops, a piece of fish, 2 shrimp and a few whole belly clams) for almost $30!

I don't really like the idea of Carnival charging for certain items but I would probably pay the extra.

Seems Carnival is going more in the way of Norwegian with more pay restaurants and the pay items via room service. I hope the a la carte is a way to keep initial fares low, which is fine with me. I do enjoy having choices, but certainly would have frequented the old free Fish and Chips more than this new seafood corner.

So they removed the included Fish and Chips place on Conquest, and we now have to pay for fish and chips.

SMH.

No, they replaced the included Fish and Chips station with an included BBQ station. In addition, they added a seafood station. It is optional.

Replacing Fish and Chips on deck 10 aft is a. On branded BBQ area and judging by first reports it is massively popular

Here is the menu

What would you have?

BBQ:

Pork Butt

Bone in butt, dry-rubbed, slow braised and pulled

Chicken

Dry rubbed and grilled

Smoked Beef

Low and slow cooked beef, thin sliced

Sides:

Mac N Cheese

Potato Salad

Scratch - Made Slaw

Molasses Baked Beans - Slightly Smoky with bacon and burnt ends

Soft Bun

BBQ Sauces:

Brown Sugar

Kansas City

Spicy Sriracha BBQ Sauce

Edited by Karnyval

Seems Carnival is going more in the way of Norwegian with more pay restaurants and the pay items via room service. I hope the a la carte is a way to keep initial fares low, which is fine with me. I do enjoy having choices, but certainly would have frequented the old free Fish and Chips more than this new seafood corner.

Norwegian was also first to have anytime dining.

We started cruising in the mid 70's and "all inclusive" actually meant something back then. Times have changed and I guess the cruise lines figure that if they can keep the prices low (yeah, right) and charge upgrade fees for everything, they accommodate everyone. The economy minded people will eat at the buffets or MDR and anything goes from there. It is just a matter of time until they start upscale charging for everything other than the buffet areas. There was a $6 upgrade fee per person for Johnny Rockets on the last RCCL ship we were on. Really, Johnny rockets ... a burger joint? All things aside, I am really looking forward to the next cruise in about a month now. Yes ... we are going to the steak house for $30 / person but that is a special anniversary celebration and well worth it! A few of the airlines switched to ala-carte pricing (Frontier, Spirit, Ryan air ....) a few years back and I think that is totally bad decision. Pay for the ticket, a seat, carry-ons, checked baggage, soft drinks, .... I think this is a sign of the times, more changes on the way! Sorry about the rant - it just really ticks me off but I am over it!

Yep, and also Mongolian Wok. Why she doesn't have the Wok (and Serenity), since she IS the class ship, is a mystery for the ages.

Correct. That used to be the late-night hot-dog and whatever grill, but it was closed and never opened during my cruise on Conquest last October.

However, Pizza Pirate expanded their menu to include lasagna after 11 pm -- and it was quite good! Very few people noticed that offering.

I'll be on Conquest again in October. Really looking forward to the BBQ place, which is another FREE (i.e., "included") option on Carnival.

At least when they're nickle-ing and diming us to death, they offer us back a couple of nickles. :)

So the new seafood place is in the aft pool area, opposite the Pizza Pirate (on the starboard side)?

The whole thread is off topic. The opening premise is off topic. Fish and chips was replaced by the BBQ, not seafood corner. This thread is like complaining about the cost of hats while swapping baseball cards.

That's Cruise Critic. You don't have to be accurate, you just have to sling some reasonably sounding mud to get the masses whipped into a frenzy.

Entertainment at its finest. Kinda like how Jerry Springer stayed on the air.

The whole thread is off topic. The opening premise is off topic. Fish and chips was replaced by the BBQ, not seafood corner. This thread is like complaining about the cost of hats while swapping baseball cards.

Pretty much. Some should get a gold medal for stretching (the truth) and complaining.

You still have the same number of free stations.

You still have the same number of free stations.

That is true.

But, Carnival set a precedent by taking Fish and Chips (the dish) and taking it from free to fee. Now that they have done this, you can't say that they will NEVER take another free lunch item and make it available only with a fee.

Guy's?

Pizza?

Blue Iguana?

Don't believe it can happen - go back to the the Fish and Chips dish. THEY JUST DID IT.

Edited by CruzinScotty

That is true.

But, Carnival set a precedent by taking Fish and Chips (the dish) and taking it from free to fee. Now that they have done this, you can't say that they will NEVER take another free lunch item and make it available only with a fee.

Guy's?

Pizza?

Blue Iguana?

Don't believe it can happen - go back to the the Fish and Chips dish. THEY JUST DID IT.

Very true. If they think they can get away with it you will see a charge for some of the above.