N O Port

georgia1980

Go south til you hit I-10 and then go west. What do you have against that bridge?

that will take you across a bridge. ;) The are going to cross at least one bridge no matter how they go. I10 from Slidel has one. I55/I10 form the west has a couple.

Edited by TruckerDave

Did they change the highway system? I thought I-12 went north of the lake and I-10 went south of the lake and thus avoiding the bridge?

I12 across the top. I55 on the west side and I10 across the bottom. Then I10/12 come back together on the east side. Still need to cross a bridge or two to get into the city. But I think the OP is just to lazy to look at a map.

I hate to be one of those who points out the silliness of a thread on here. Does the OP think there is only one way to get from Georgia to New Orleans? Heck if he left early enough he could map out a route to New Orleans through St. Louis then down through Dallas, never mind.

Can you get to the port in New Orleans, from West Georgia, without having to cross that 26 mile bridge, Lake Pontchetrain? If not, will not do a cruise out of there.

Why if you don't mind me asking? We are cruising from NO in October and we are from Central GA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Some people are uncomfortable driving over a long bridge.

I'm uncomfortable driving I-65 from Montgomery to Mobile. It seems as if that stretch of interstate takes days! [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by ccdaniel2707

...I-65 from Montgomery to Mobile. It seems as if that stretch of interstate takes days!

I have to agree! Although we haven't traveled that way in a number of years, we used to go that way fairly often and I always thought that they added miles in there! LOL! I have to say that the stretch on I-20 between Tuscaloosa, AL and Meridian, MS is just about as bad though.

Once you get to slidell La. you cross what's called the twin spans. Redone after Katrina and very safe and only bout 5 mins to cross. Then your about 30 mins from the terminals.

Edited by nol4am