Anybody ever stay in the "Rump-er Rooms?"

cuppettmd

Hey, I've booked two "Rump-er Rooms" on the Valor. These are the cabins at the very back of the Main Deck. 2470 & 2462. These are the odd shaped cabins. Has anyone stayed in them before? What did you think? Any vibration or noise? Any insites would be appreciated! Thanks! Mikey:)

We stayed in 2470 on the Splendor in 2013, and their the same rooms. I can tell you it was really nice having the extra space, so much so that our room became the Party room! What we did with the couch, is we collected all of the towel animals and set them up, and on the last night, we took a nice pic of all of them! (Of course I can't find it now!)

Bottom line, I'm sure you'll love it!

I intended to post the same question abut 2462 on the Glory, so I am happy to see your post. There are some very old (2008) YouTube videos available, but I would love to see more current photos/videos/comments. I will remember to take some photos and let you know when we return from the Glory sailing on September 3 (20 days from now!). We were on the same deck, just beyond the aft elevators during the same week in 2015, so I know that there are going to be vibrations. The vibration was pretty bad, but in an interesting way rather than bothersome. I am expecting it to be worse in cabin 2462, especially with the ship another year older.

Have been in 2470 4 times on 2 ships - Glory and Conquest. There is lots of noise and lots of vibration and not just when docking, but also when going at a decent rate of speed. I think if you do a search of cabin 2470 you can find my posts.

I love it because I like the noise and vibration. However, if this type of thing disturbs you, then move. You will be miserable. There is also the "fish tailing" of the ship if the weather is rough. Again, none of these things bother me.

Edited by firemanbobswife

2470 and 2473 rooms are huge. We have stayed in these rooms many times and loved them.

Unlike firemanbob we only had bad viberations 1 time.

We tend to get used to it and and like the relaxing feel.

Put 2470 or 2473 in the search box and there is lots of pictures.

I book these room any time we get a chance

2374 and 2477 look as big but the layout leaves them with less room plus there is only 1 window were there is 2 windows in 2470 & 2473

2462 & 2465 has 2 windows also but they are normal size cabins turned sideways, but they do feel bigger.

We had 2470 in the Conquest. Only once did we hear (very low) singing from the MDR. No other noise.

We had that cabin b2b with 6481. 6481 was noisy, lots of rattling.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have stayed in 2470 and 2473 on Glory and Splendor. Loved the extra room. Booked them specifically for hat reason.There seemed to be more vibration on the Glory but it was not that bad. Liked that feeling.There are also 2 windows in each one.

Have been in 2470 4 times on 2 ships - Glory and Conquest. There is lots of noise and lots of vibration and not just when docking, but also when going at a decent rate of speed. I think if you do a search of cabin 2470 you can find my posts.

I love it because I like the noise and vibration. However, if this type of thing disturbs you, then move. You will be miserable. There is also the "fish tailing" of the ship if the weather is rough. Again, none of these things bother me.

I also like the vibration and movement. I have been disappointed on some cruises because there was no motion at all, so this cabin should be a good match.

I also like the vibration and movement. I have been disappointed on some cruises because there was no motion at all, so this cabin should be a good match.

You should be fine then. I really do love it and am sad too when we go slow and there's no noise or vibration. But I know we are probably the exception. I have spoke to people at dinner, at tea time, and elsewhere that complain that their cabin is in the back and absolutely hate it. Not me. Well once I get all the little pieces of paper in the squeaking and rattling spots of the ceiling and the safe I'm as happy as a pig in mud [emoji39].