So confused about the dress code, help!

kjbacon

Thank you! I must say that if you all are a representation of Holland America, I am very glad that I am trying it. You are all very nice and so helpful. We've decided to do the sport jacket and tie for him on Gala Nights and Pinnacle Grill. I'll do semi formal dresses with a coordinated wrap those nights. Other nights, slacks and button down shirt for him and casual skirts or slacks for me. Some material says one Gala Night per 7 day but others say two so we will be prepared for two. The weather report looks to be in the 50-60+ range and showers at best. The report is better today than it w as yesterday and either way, we will dry off eventually even from the worst downpours.

Happened to me on a 24 day cruise. I nearly froze with the draft from the fire escape door on my back. Luckily I had a couple of big scarves and now take an assortment of light wraps/large scarves, just in case.

Always a good thing to take a wrap of some sort, as you never know if it will be warm+ or cool+ in the DR.

Agree, one cruise indulgence is to always take a long 100% cashmere shawl - neutral color. Good for on board the airplane as well. Soft, light-weight, easy to pack and just perfect for taking the chill off. And to wrap around head and neck when out touring too.

Some seats in the show lounge also are right under a ventilation draft. Others learn to stay away from this spot -often up close -- so with my shawl in hand we can get some of the best seats in the house and not freeze at the same time.