SKY class experience Allure of the Seas Crown Loft 1736

Well we just got home last night from an almost perfect cruise on the Allure of the Seas, but I just wanted to share some thoughts about the changes that I have observed with the new "class" system.

In no way is this thread intended to be prejudiced, just sharing observations.

To start with we had a blast.

1. When we entered luggage drop off an attendant saw our suite tag and immediately took us to the suite door like last time.

2. Through security and lead to the line to get our sea pass, and immediately attended to.

3. Picture taken and as we were walking to the back of the building there was a kiosk selling lanyards. We forgot ours, we got ones on sale (last years type) for $6. They punched our sea pass and we went up the escalator.

4. Upstairs they divided the suite waiting area. The first area was for STAR and had bottled water.

The second area was for Sky and Sea and and Pinnacle.

Note: There was a genie floating around could not find her family.

5. Before they announced general boarding an attendant walked us over and had us check in thru scanners.

6. In our previous 3 Crown lofts we were immediately able to access the cabin on boarding, not this year, the heavy fire doors were closed.

7. The fish bowl suite dining section in Windjammer gone, when DH inquired about it, the attendant said you have coastal kitchen. My DD refused to eat in there in previous years (fish bowl) because she said she felt like people staring at her.

8. Pool towels left on balcony chair.

9. There were 3 of us in Crown loft and every day 3 complete sets of new shampoo, wash, conditioner and lotion left in both the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms.

10. Towel animals 5 nights.

11. A little disappointed with waiters in suite lounge, but no biggie, were not as attentive as last year.........what-ever I have two feet and walked to bar to get a drink. Last night of cruise they were everywhere offering drinks cleaning tables.......This was the first cruise we did not tip a waiter there. They only offered us drinks on one night.

12. The two conciernages were awesome, and assisted us with reservations, correction of wrong billing, credit on C & A perk. Re booking comedy show (we forgot to go on our night and got us in again)---we tipped them both generously.

13. Suite seating in shows alive and well, then opened to all a little before show.

14. Free internet to all in cabin, we all had our own password and could text each and everyone on ship and send text back home.

Had a difficult time sending pictures on I phone 6, but everything else ok.

15. Never had a drink in diamond lounge, stayed in suite lounge.

16. The genies for STAR suite cruisers were very discreet I must say, and professional to those cruisers, rarely saw them, but talked to a family and they were pleased with service.

17. Luggage valet AWESOME, and a great free perk.

18. Express disembark from suite lounge offered 7:45. 8:45 and 9:45.

Met in suite lounge (we did luggage express) and walked off to customs and placed in front of line.

19. Also free pressing of formal wear (one outfit per person) still continues.

20. Two free bottles, large of water in cabin upon boarding, one time thing.

So that is all I can remember right now. Most is the same from previous years when sailing in the Crown loft suite (L2)

Sea Ya

It sounds like you had a fabulous time. Why do you say "almost perfect"?

I will post a few "oops" later but the one thing that caught our attention was the decrease in number of wait staff in MDR, The Maitre D was busing tables.......................I hope he washed his hands..... and we had an unusual experience checking in for an excursion.

We booked the early zip line on Labadee and we told to meet in the comedy club at 8:15 to fill out waivers, which we did, ...................

Now its 8:25 and the ship did not dock till 9:30, why oh why did we have to be waiting for almost an hour, when as the DD said she could be sleeping.

At first we were not permitted to leave the comedy club, they wanted to take us off as a group, but keeping us sitting there for one hour.................after having morning coffee and having to Pee (Hey it is what it is) finally enuff people were getting ancy so they let us leave.

Then when we got at the check in area to get your harnass, my DH asked if he had enuf time to drop our beach bag off at beach, we were told no you will not have time, you have to rent a locker....

Now 20 min. later locker rented, DH COULD have dropped off bag, we were still waiting to get our harnass.......must gotta make money on the lockers.

Next time we book a later excursion, hey were not cheap, we just wanted to place our Kyss bag on a lounger.

Oh well it did not ruin our vacation, just a ............bump in the road.

We ate in Coastal Kitchen once and the night we ate there were 10 empty tables from 6-8pm. Yes to reservations recomended but walkins were seated.

Later

Were reservations necessary at the Coastal Kitchen for dinner?

So there is no need to make reservations for Entertainment if in Crown loft?

Thanks for your great review of the amenities of the Sky Class

I guess we were lucky getting re booked for comedy club, that is the one you should have reservations for, the others we just used suite seating which is available to all suites (Grand and above).

Later

Thanks for the information about the sky class privileges. I will be in a crown loft in December on Harmony with my husband and 2 toddlers, and this gonna be our first suite experience. It is great to see your post so we know what to expect.

You mentioned that 2 large bottled waters were offered upon boarding, were they left in our cabin, or we have to grab them on our way? and are those 1.5L large bottles? I need bottled water for my kids since my DS had really bad stomach flu after having a few sip of local water (boiled) in Vegas.

Have you tried booking specialty dinner through the concierge? I was too late to book Wonderland, and it only has 8:30pm slots available now, which is too late for my kids.

This is a very trivial question, but was there bar soap in the bathroom or was there only liquid body wash? I need to know if I should pack my shower sponge or if I can use the soap/washcloth provided. We have an L2 in November and are very much looking forward to it. Thank you, and I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Well we just got home last night from an almost perfect cruise on the Allure of the Seas, but I just wanted to share some thoughts about the changes that I have observed with the new "class" system.

6. In our previous 3 Crown lofts we were immediately able to access the cabin on boarding, not this year, the heavy fire doors were closed.

7. The fish bowl suite dining section in Windjammer gone, when DH inquired about it, the attendant said you have coastal kitchen. My DD refused to eat in there in previous years (fish bowl) because she said she felt like people staring at her.

Sea Ya

I'm glad to hear you had a blast.

A few of our observations from your points above. Only one time have we been able to enter deck 17 ahead of the regular time of 1pm. As for the fish bowl WJ area we have never seen it, but then again we have never looked for it. If we did see it I highly doubt that we would ever sit there.

We return in under 2 weeks to Allure so I will keep my eyes open and post about these points. I'd be curious to see if there are any changes over the weeks.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Thanks for the information about the sky class privileges. I will be in a crown loft in December on Harmony with my husband and 2 toddlers, and this gonna be our first suite experience. It is great to see your post so we know what to expect.

You mentioned that 2 large bottled waters were offered upon boarding, were they left in our cabin, or we have to grab them on our way? and are those 1.5L large bottles? I need bottled water for my kids since my DS had really bad stomach flu after having a few sip of local water (boiled) in Vegas.

Have you tried booking specialty dinner through the concierge? I was too late to book Wonderland, and it only has 8:30pm slots available now, which is too late for my kids.

On the counter above the frigerator were the two large bottle waters Evian if I recall.

We booked chops on the Allure because we had a free dinner from TA it was the best we ever had!!!!

Good luck

This is a very trivial question, but was there bar soap in the bathroom or was there only liquid body wash? I need to know if I should pack my shower sponge or if I can use the soap/washcloth provided. We have an L2 in November and are very much looking forward to it. Thank you, and I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise.

There were 4 different bottles and one cake soap which was very nice.

Shampoo, shampoo/conditioner, shower gel and lotion.

Did not care for the shower gel, enjoyed the cake soap.

Sea Ya

I'm glad to hear you had a blast.

A few of our observations from your points above. Only one time have we been able to enter deck 17 ahead of the regular time of 1pm. As for the fish bowl WJ area we have never seen it, but then again we have never looked for it. If we did see it I highly doubt that we would ever sit there.

We return in under 2 weeks to Allure so I will keep my eyes open and post about these points. I'd be curious to see if there are any changes over the weeks.

Yes, and I have been patiently waiting for you to sail, love your reviews.

Oh, They let the suites that are in Star class enter there cabin as you board, that is a great perk for you.

The waiter told us they got rid of the fish bowl after dry dock, and I guess the fish bowl remains on some smaller class ships that do not having seating in chops at lunch and dinner time.

Sea Ya

1. When we entered luggage drop off an attendant saw our suite tag and immediately took us to the suite door like last time.

Sea Ya

Thanks for this report and so glad you had a great time. We've had full suites in the past and have one next week and the luggage tags indicate "Diamond Plus" but not "Suite." Should it be printed on the tag?

Thanks for the review. We're on her in two months. We did an L1 last year on Oasis and were given early access to the cabin. If we hadn't gone to the SL, we wouldn't have known. Looking forward to the new Sky perks.

Thanks for this report and so glad you had a great time. We've had full suites in the past and have one next week and the luggage tags indicate "Diamond Plus" but not "Suite." Should it be printed on the tag?

I re-read what I posted above, Our luggage tags say

There are only suites on deck 17.

Do not know about other deck suites, sorry.

Later

Did you have all day access to the suite lounge?

Thank You for the information

OMG

Yes I was surprised.

I did not get the "alcoholic" drink package, just the soda, but I was able to get soda, champagne from 11 am to 8pm. I only got it so I would get pop around the ship and water when I wanted it not having to go to lounge.

Now mind you the earliest we would get a drink was before dinner, but on embarkation day, having the drinks upon boarding was a nice perk.

They did not have Captain Morgan included, so one day I just ordered one and put it on my sea pass.

After coming in from the pool we would stop by and get a champagne to take back to our room when getting ready for dinner. They let us take it out.

Never used the coffee machine, and the hourdevours were "ok"

Later

OMG

Yes I was surprised.

I did not get the "alcoholic" drink package, just the soda, but I was able to get soda, champagne from 11 am to 8pm. I only got it so I would get pop around the ship and water when I wanted it not having to go to lounge.

Now mind you the earliest we would get a drink was before dinner, but on embarkation day, having the drinks upon boarding was a nice perk.

After coming in from the pool we would stop by and get a champagne to take back to our room when getting ready for dinner. They let us take it out.

Thanks for this befitting information, we're in sky class in 2 mos and was tryin to talk myself into getting drink packages for six, so just to further grasp on this, let me ask:

1. Is there a time interval between drinks on SL?(like the drink pckgs)

2. Can I take water back to the cabin?

3. Are orange juice/pop complimentary during breakfast and lunch on CK?

Thanks for this befitting information, we're in sky class in 2 mos and was tryin to talk myself into getting drink packages for six, so just to further grasp on this, let me ask:

1. Is there a time interval between drinks on SL?(like the drink pckgs)

2. Can I take water back to the cabin?

3. Are orange juice/pop complimentary during breakfast and lunch on CK?

Ok

For us when we did finish a drink in the lounge we walked up and got another.

We took one glass of champagne back to the cabin, no problem.

We did not eat breakfast or lunch in CK do not know the answer to that about OJ and Soda.

But can get soda from 11 am to 8pm in suite lounge.

Hopes this helps.

Ok

For us when we did finish a drink in the lounge we walked up and got another.

We took one glass of champagne back to the cabin, no problem.

We did not eat breakfast or lunch in CK do not know the answer to that about OJ and Soda.

But can get soda from 11 am to 8pm in suite lounge.

Hopes this helps.

We just received our Royal welcome e-mail from the Allure concierges and it says we will have a "selection of complimentary wine, champagne, beer, and soft drinks from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. in the suite lounge" and we've always had those until 11 p.m. in the past. Wonder why it was different your week? :confused:

In no way is this thread intended to be prejudiced, just sharing observations.

2. Through security and lead to the line to get our sea pass, and immediately attended to.

3. Picture taken and as we were walking to the back of the building there was a kiosk selling lanyards. We forgot ours, we got ones on sale (last years type) for $6. They punched our sea pass and we went up the escalator.

4. Upstairs they divided the suite waiting area. The first area was for STAR and had bottled water.

The second area was for Sky and Sea and and Pinnacle.

Note: There was a genie floating around could not find her family.

5. Before they announced general boarding an attendant walked us over and had us check in thru scanners.

8. Pool towels left on balcony chair.

9. There were 3 of us in Crown loft and every day 3 complete sets of new shampoo, wash, conditioner and lotion left in both the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms.

10. Towel animals 5 nights.

11. A little disappointed with waiters in suite lounge, but no biggie, were not as attentive as last year.........what-ever I have two feet and walked to bar to get a drink. Last night of cruise they were everywhere offering drinks cleaning tables.......This was the first cruise we did not tip a waiter there. They only offered us drinks on one night.

12. The two conciernages were awesome, and assisted us with reservations, correction of wrong billing, credit on C & A perk. Re booking comedy show (we forgot to go on our night and got us in again)---we tipped them both generously.

13. Suite seating in shows alive and well, then opened to all a little before show.

14. Free internet to all in cabin, we all had our own password and could text each and everyone on ship and send text back home.

Had a difficult time sending pictures on I phone 6, but everything else ok.

15. Never had a drink in diamond lounge, stayed in suite lounge.

16. The genies for STAR suite cruisers were very discreet I must say, and professional to those cruisers, rarely saw them, but talked to a family and they were pleased with service.

17. Luggage valet AWESOME, and a great free perk.

18. Express disembark from suite lounge offered 7:45. 8:45 and 9:45.

Met in suite lounge (we did luggage express) and walked off to customs and placed in front of line.

19. Also free pressing of formal wear (one outfit per person) still continues.

20. Two free bottles, large of water in cabin upon boarding, one time thing.

So that is all I can remember right now. Most is the same from previous years when sailing in the Crown loft suite (L2)

Sea Ya

Was there any noise? I noticed the flow rider zip line etc are just underneath? We also have a crown loft.