SKY class experience Allure of the Seas Crown Loft 1736

Maybe because we were never there after 8 pm. So I never thought it went that late. Thank you for correcting my error. I apologize if I caused any confusion.

Thanks again.

Love the lounge though.

Sea ya

No apology needed. Yes, love, love, love the lounge. Can't wait!!

We have our first Sky class experience coming up on Allure in Oct. Just curious about the dress you saw in the SL and CK? I know RC says smart causal but what is your real world experience?

My DH wore a tux (formal nights) and I wore dresses to capris.

A few women wore floor length formal gowns.

My DH was really in the minority.

Most men wore suits and ties or ties with smart business pants.

On non formal night the DH wore polo shirt and dockers.

Now mind you we witnessed anything from jeans to shorts to t shirts in MDR, but in CK people were more elegant.

Not as formal as it used to be.

Edited by Lionesss

There were 4 different bottles and one cake soap which was very nice.

Shampoo, shampoo/conditioner, shower gel and lotion.

Did not care for the shower gel, enjoyed the cake soap.

Sea Ya

Thank you!

We're in an L2 on Oasis in 60 days. Are the complimentary suite lounge drinks available on the suite sun deck during the day?

No they are not. Only available in the Suite Lounge. This was true on our 3 cruises this year on the Allure and Oasis.

Thanks for the information about the sky class privileges. I will be in a crown loft in December on Harmony with my husband and 2 toddlers, and this gonna be our first suite experience. It is great to see your post so we know what to expect.

You mentioned that 2 large bottled waters were offered upon boarding, were they left in our cabin, or we have to grab them on our way? and are those 1.5L large bottles? I need bottled water for my kids since my DS had really bad stomach flu after having a few sip of local water (boiled) in Vegas.

Have you tried booking specialty dinner through the concierge? I was too late to book Wonderland, and it only has 8:30pm slots available now, which is too late for my kids.

You can receive complimentary bottled water during the day in the Suite Lounge. This was on the Oasis and Allure, hopefully will be the same on the Harmony.

Edited by lynnkalb
additional comment

Thanks Sue and James for the replies. I assumed shorts and a polo would be fine for breakfast or lunch or just stopping by the SL to get a water or beer during the day. Don't really want to have to wear dress pants and a button down at breakfast.

What are the "genies"?

Genies are personal assistants available to Star class guests.

They are only on Oasis and Quantum class ships and take care of about 3 cabins each.. They make reservations, plan excursions, book shows etc.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/star

What are the "genies"?

Genies are personal assistants available to Star class guests.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks Sue and James for the replies. I assumed shorts and a polo would be fine for breakfast or lunch or just stopping by the SL to get a water or beer during the day. Don't really want to have to wear dress pants and a button down at breakfast.

That would not be a problem. I did it a few times for breakfast, also.

We're in an L2 on Oasis in 60 days. Are the complimentary suite lounge drinks available on the suite sun deck during the day?

Also, my observation was the trek from the suite sun deck to the suite lounge does not make it practical to walk there for a "free" drink. That's why I get the drink packages. Very seldom did I go to the SL for a free drink until after sundown i.e. pre-dinner.

Also, my observation was the trek from the suite sun deck to the suite lounge does not make it practical to walk there for a "free" drink. That's why I get the drink packages. Very seldom did I go to the SL for a free drink until after sundown i.e. pre-dinner.

Is the Suite Sun Deck bar open in the evenings? It looks like a nice place to have an after dinner cocktail. Does anyone know the hours?

Edited by jules815

Is the Suite Sun Deck bar open in the evenings? It looks like a nice place to have an after dinner cocktail. Does anyone know the hours?

The suite sun deck card access door is available 24 hours unless the upper decks are closed due to winds or storms.

Yea it is quiet up there, been there walking around when no one else there.

I guess you could.

I would recommend the back of the ship on deck 5 on the jogging track, sit in the chairs and watch the wake.

Enjoy, we did.

Safe cruises

• 4 weeks later...

Can you tell us what happens with Luggage valet. We are in a Crown Loft next year but our flight isn't till 6 pm. Could we take advantage of the luggage valet service or should we get a taxi with our luggage. Do they hold the luggage till your flight or do you need to collect it when you arrive at the airport? Would you know how much RRCL charges for airport transfers to FLL? Sorry about all these questions but this is our first RCCL cruise and we wonder if we need to get a private transfer or taxi or whether we can use the RCCL one. We thought we'd store our luggage catch the trolley and spend a day in FLL before we flew but wonder if this would fit with the valet luggage and RCCL transfers.

Any help really appreciated. Cheers Wendy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by davwen81

Can you tell us what happens with Luggage valet. We are in a Crown Loft next year but our flight isn't till 6 pm. Could we take advantage of the luggage valet service or should we get a taxi with our luggage. Do they hold the luggage till your flight or do you need to collect it when you arrive at the airport? Would you know how much RRCL charges for airport transfers to FLL? Sorry about all these questions but this is our first RCCL cruise and we wonder if we need to get a private transfer or taxi or whether we can use the RCCL one. We thought we'd store our luggage catch the trolley and spend a day in FLL before we flew but wonder if this would fit with the valet luggage and RCCL transfers.

First of all you need to see if your airline carrier is on the list that makes you eligible for this perk.

I do not know how to direct you to your find the answer.

I would e mail RCI. and ask.

Or post a new thread on RCI site stating if you were eligible for this service.

It might not be addressed here because people who know may not look at this thread.

Good luck

Oh we were in 1736 on our sailing.

If you get the cabin attendants MARVA she is the best, we love her.

This last time we had Carmen, she is a hoot, and is nice.

Enjoy we do

According to the RCCL "Luggage Valet Program" form for Allure and FLL airport, the following airlines are: American, Alaska, Jet Blue, United, Southwest and Delta.

Thanks for the information.

We have only ever used Delta or United and used the luggage valet in the past as long as your plane leaves after 11:30am from Fll.

Safe travels

According to the RCCL "Luggage Valet Program" form for Allure and FLL airport, the following airlines are: American, Alaska, Jet Blue, United, Southwest and Delta.

I am so happy to see this we were on the allure a few years ago and could not use the program because at that time Alaska Airlines was not on their list. Thank you. :)

I don't believe it is open that late. On Oasis it opened later than most bars especially on port days and seemed to close when the sun went down. We found plenty of other places to have an evening cocktail that were better and not so windy.

• 1 month later...
OMG

Yes I was surprised.

I did not get the "alcoholic" drink package, just the soda, but I was able to get soda, champagne from 11 am to 8pm. I only got it so I would get pop around the ship and water when I wanted it not having to go to lounge.

Now mind you the earliest we would get a drink was before dinner, but on embarkation day, having the drinks upon boarding was a nice perk.

They did not have Captain Morgan included, so one day I just ordered one and put it on my sea pass.

After coming in from the pool we would stop by and get a champagne to take back to our room when getting ready for dinner. They let us take it out.

Never used the coffee machine, and the hourdevours were "ok"

Later

Thanks for the info. We sail the Allure this Sunday in a GS. I got the drink package but DW did not. She like champagne so I guess it's to the suite lounge for her.