Sick of RCCL's high prices? Try $46pp/nite

So many people are always complaining about high prices on cruises lately. :rolleyes:

The price for the Jewel OTS 12 night transatlantic just crashed to $554pp! :eek:

With $150 OBC from the online site, and another $200 OBC from the shareholder benefit. ;)

I recently booked the 14 night Brilliance OTS transatlantic in April for $699pp with $550 OBC. :cool:

I am absolutely LOVING these HORRIBLY HIGH prices. :D

...With $150 OBC from the online site, and another $200 OBC from the shareholder benefit...
TransAtlantics often still have good prices (good enough that I have done 3 in one year):)

BUT have you actually been able to combine both of those OBCs? I have been told they are NOT combinable.:mad:

TransAtlantics often still have good prices (good enough that I have done 3 in one year):)

BUT have you actually been able to combine both of those OBCs? I have been told they are NOT combinable.:mad:

If the $150 OBC is coming from a travel agent it won't affect the shareholder's OBC.

We are getting $150 OBC from our travel agent along with $250 OBC from RCI, $150 for it being an onboard booking plus $100 booking bonus, on our upcoming Brilliance TA cruise.

So many people are always complaining about high prices on cruises lately. :rolleyes:

The price for the Jewel OTS 12 night transatlantic just crashed to $554pp! :eek:

With $150 OBC from the online site, and another $200 OBC from the shareholder benefit. ;)

I recently booked the 14 night Brilliance OTS transatlantic in April for $699pp with $550 OBC. :cool:

The eastbound Spring TA between NA and Europe is less popular than the Fall westbound because it has six 23 hours days which is harder to adjust to than the six 25 hours days the westbound has.

In 2014 we did both the Spring eastbound and Fall westbound 16 night Serenade TA cruises between NOLA and Barcelona. There were seven time changes on each and we found losing a hour much more difficult for us than gaining an hour with each change. IMO, that's the reason we were able to get a balcony on the eastbound for exactly the same cost as we paid for an Ocean View cabin on the westbound.

We initially had a inside booking for $699 each on our upcoming Brilliance October westbound TA but then there was a price drop for an OV so we upgraded to that for $100 each which got us an extra $50 OBC bonus.

Yup, repositioning cruises offer good value and is the reason we've done ten of them. One we did on the Caribbean Princess a few years back cost us $27 per day each for a superior extra large top deck inside cabin. We could have had a balcony for an extra $100 each for that 15 TA night cruise but we preferred having the extra room the superior inside gave us. We aren't balcony types especially on cruises with lots of sea days and that cruise had ten. :D

Edited by robtulipe

The price for the Jewel OTS 12 night transatlantic just crashed to $554pp! ...

Excellent prices for inside and OV, but as istypical in the TA cruises, suites are either gone (JS) or very expensive.

Edited by clarea

For us the price would be $113 /p/n since airline fares would be around $800 pp. Unless you have a reason to go across the pond, ie. visiting or touring, I do not consider these TAs a good deal. However, we have done many over the years because we wanted to see European Countries for two or three weeks and the travel over, or back, is more comfortable on a ship than in an airplane.

Edited by Tagsalong

For us the price would be $113 /p/n since airline fares would be around $800 pp. Unless you have a reason to go across the pond, ie. visiting or touring, I do not consider these TAs a good deal. However, we have done many over the years because we wanted to see European Countries for two or three weeks and the travel over, or back, is more comfortable on a ship than in an airplane.

Agree. Airfare alone keeps me from doing a TA or Mediterranean cruise.

So many people are always complaining about high prices on cruises lately.

It was actually cheaper a year ago. ;)

The shareholder benefit could have been a 3 grand loss for someone who bought the stock a year ago. :eek:

What online site is giving you $150

And isn't that a guarantee cabin.

Don't get me wrong, $710 for a 12 night cruise is still a good price. More like $59 PP. Laura is actually on it. Her airfare is under $500 for Orlando to Rome. Not sure what it is now

It was actually cheaper a year ago. ;)

The shareholder benefit could have been a 3 grand loss for someone who bought the stock a year ago. :eek:

What online site is giving you $150

And isn't that a guarantee cabin.

Don't get me wrong, $710 for a 12 night cruise is still a good price. More like $59 PP. Laura is actually on it. Her airfare is under $500 for Orlando to Rome. Not sure what it is now

True... booked last year and got an inside for $487pp with $200 OBC from shareholder. I bought the stock 5 years ago at 33/share, have doubled my money and with the $250 shareholder OBC on next April's Brilliance T/A, I will have received my entire $3,300 investment back in OBC. :cool: :D ;)

We booked a nonstop LAX-FCO flight for $525 but a one stop flight is $463.

Don't know/care about the gty as it doesn't matter to me... only there to sleep and shower, but we have a very nice/quiet location.

Google 90 day ticker for some really nice prices...

There's a 23 night B2B on Celebrity Constellation 10 Oct-2 Nov for only $935pp (inside/military rate) w/ $400 shareholder OBC. :eek:

Tough to stay home with prices like that.

Edited by teecee60

That's a great price for the cruise and the airfare you get.

Edited by psupa

Laura is actually on it. Her airfare is under $500 for Orlando to Rome. Not sure what it is now

If talking about the Jewel TA, how does she get home from SJ, swim?? Just saying you left out another important expense for this cheap cruise. That's why I estimated $800 for airfare, for those looking to book today.

Edited by Tagsalong

Due to the government debt crisis in Puerto Rico with increased taxation

and the threat of the Zika virus the airlines have had to cut the airfare to San Juan by about 33% in the last 6 months due to decreased demand.

Sounds like they may be a pretty good deal.

If talking about the Jewel TA, how does she get home from SJ, swim?? Just saying you left out another important expense for this cheap cruise. That's why I estimated $800 for airfare, for those looking to book today.

Oh, don't make me start. To late.

This was supposed to be a B2B2B on Rhapsody leaving from Venice that was headed to guess where, Port Canaveral. :D So there never should have been a flight from SJ.:mad:

But, as it is, the $450 to Rome and the $250 from SJ actually covers 3 cruises totaling 4 weeks, so it amortizes to roughly $250 per cruise. ;)

And FWIW, it really isn't a cheap cruise. She is solo in a GS for the TA :eek:

Oh yes, the infamous Rhapsody debacle. In your case the airfare prorating makes sense.

A while back, on that other thread that we frequent, I mentioned the great Rhapsody's prices in January and all I heard was "Never Rhapsody, Never Rhapsody" from all those that got stung!!!

Edited by Tagsalong

Oh yes, the infamous Rhapsody debacle. In your case the airfare prorating makes sense.

A while back, on that other thread that we frequent, I mentioned the great Rhapsody's prices in January and all I heard was "Never Rhapsody, Never Rhapsody" from all those that got stung!!!

We got stung on the May 2017 TA as well, and then the folks who booked NY got it as well. :eek::eek:

I do have a massive amount of OBC now. ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

True... booked last year and got an inside for $487pp with $200 OBC from shareholder. I bought the stock 5 years ago at 33/share, have doubled my money and with the $250 shareholder OBC on next April's Brilliance T/A, I will have received my entire $3,300 investment back in OBC. :cool: :D ;)

We booked a nonstop LAX-FCO flight for $525 but a one stop flight is $463.

Don't know/care about the gty as it doesn't matter to me... only there to sleep and shower, but we have a very nice/quiet location.

Google 90 day ticker for some really nice prices...

There's a 23 night B2B on Celebrity Constellation 10 Oct-2 Nov for only $935pp (inside/military rate) w/ $400 shareholder OBC. :eek:

Tough to stay home with prices like that.

You got a really good deal!

I have done several TAs for under $999. That includes cruise fare, port, standard gratuities, Choiceair from Washington DC to Europe and separately ticketed air from FL back to DC. That involved inside GTY (one got C&A upgrade to balcony), but I'm happy with that. A couple of years ago non-stop Choiceair IAD-LHR 3 weeks out was $325, Independence of the Seas was $410 and JetBlue FLL-DCA was $79. I find for TAs it is usually better to split the airfare. I have seen TAs this year as low as $129 - admittedly not a TA I was interested in (Pullmantur, Dom.Rep. to Spain).

Thom

Don't limit yourself due to airline pricing. We booked through Air2sea, YVR-BCN $609CAD each, hard to beat that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have never been able to go on one of these.

My wife works for a school district and, therefore, we have always been limited to cruising during school summer vacation, over the Christmas/New Years holidays, Thanksgiving week (or a shortened version since we always have to be home by Thursday) or maybe Spring Break for one week IF it doesn't conflict with family obligations for Passover...IOW, only in the "HIGH SEASON".

So, for us, Prices are almost always HIGH. So are airfares. Try flying anywhere over Christmas and New Years...or during Late June and July...and from Los Angeles.

So, it is a bit hard for me to process how anyone can consider this expensive...or think that those low off-season airfares make it expensive.

We have cruised Australia/New Zealand over Christmas/New Years. We usually cruise Europe during June/July...but two of the past three summers, we've opted for China and the Galapagos instead (like those were any cheaper).

Any cruise fare under $200 per night is, for us, an incredible bargain. Airfares are seldom under $1500 RT for coach (and yes, even a transatlantic would require two directions by air for us--we'd have to fly LAX to the East Coast and Europe back to LAX or vice versa)...

But, heck, we'd do it...except we can't...not until my wife retires from the school district...and that won't be for several years.

OTOH, we are really happy with the fares we found for summer 2017. We're going on back-to-backs in the Med on RCCL Jewel of the Seas...and we booked very early...So we got a hump balcony (one with the oversized veranda) for the two cruises combined--14 nights of cruising--for, after netting out the TA OBC, and including taxes and port fees, only $4325. So, that is a mere $154 pp per night! And, booking VERY early, we were able to find an incredible deal on airfare on a limited availability coach rate on Air Berlin for only $745 pp...Of course, our flight to Rome leaves out of SFO, so we'll have to find an additional flight from LA to SFO, so add another $150 or so to that...so, about $1640 in total airfare...Add that to the cruise fare, for those of you who seem to think that's a part of it...and it's $5965...divided by two people by 14 nights and that's only about $213 per person per night...AND, for those of us who can't jump on cheap transatlantics, THAT cruise is an unbelievable bargain...

...and that is what the rest of us in the cruising public face...typically, for our Europe cruises, we're paying about one and a half times that--about $3,000 pp or more for a balcony cabin on a two week cruise and about $3000 for two in airfare...So well over $300 pp pn...

Of course, we do it because we love to cruise and this is what we have to do...

Edited by Bruin Steve