Favorite dishes in Luminae?

ggroup

Crab cake. My husband and I agreed that it was one of the best we'd ever had. That's a big deal because in general he LOVES crab cakes and I think they're ok. The one at Luminea we both enjoyed very much.

Difficult to suggest what not to miss since you may not like what others like. Example, one response said the Lamb. I don't like lamb so that would be a no-no for me.:)

My husband hates lamb and loved it in Luminae. The waiter recommended it and brought it "for the table" so my husband could try it.

There was a lobster bisque that was great and had very generous chunks of lobster in it. I believe we had it during the embarkation day lunch, and helped illustrate the difference between LDR and MDR (more expensive ingredients used more generously imho).

By far my favorite was a dinner entrée - Buttered Poached Lobster, Butternut Squash, Savory Cabbage, Champagne Sauce. Delicious!!! Can't wait until we sail in December so that I can enjoy it and everything else in Luminae!

I had the lobster with the Champagne Sauce. While I wasn't that thrilled with the lobster, that Champagne Sauce was delicious.

The filet that they served on the first night was the best we ever had anywhere. My goodness it was good.

While not really a dish, I greatly enjoyed the little offerings that they brought between courses. They were very interesting and tasty. Also, I always ordered the soups. They were also interesting. They would have a small amount of garnish of sorts in the bottom of the bowl and they would pour the soup over it table side. Wonderful.

Duck Bolognese was good.

As was the grilled octopus appetizer.

Was disappointed by the seared scallops and seared tuna.

Surprisingly like the barramundi.

Many of the desserts are excellent. Especially like the macarons and jellies on chic nights.

The only thing I'd avoid would be the cannelloni dishes (they offer a couple different takes on it). I had one version one night and didn't care for it and my friend had the other version another night and didn't care for it, either. Maybe we just don't like cannelloni but what I had didn't measure up to any of the other entrees.

They have a dessert called Vacherin that is pretty divine. I ordered it not really knowing what it was (the description is not great) but didn't care for the other choices on offer. I wished they had it another night because it was really good!

I agree about the scallops. If I eat there again, I will ask them to sear them a little more. I detest over-cooked seafood. But under-cooked isn't my cup of tea either. Speaking of over-cooked seafood, on embarkation day lunch had seafood kabobs. Way over-cooked. I probably should have asked for another plate. Next time, I will remember that I am not in the MDR and they do, in fact, want me to be happy!

I agree about the spaghetti squash (zucchini?). That was the first time I ever had it and it was awesome.

I agree about the scallops.

I was very disappointed with the scallops. Scallops are my favorite food and I was really looking forward to having them. There were not good. The weren't old and badly cooked, just didn't taste like scallops.

The spaghetti carbonara was excellent. One of my favorite dishes.

Duck Bolognese was good.

As was the grilled octopus appetizer.

AH...I forgot about the grilled octopus...it was MARVELOUS!!!! Our last cruise was 16 nights so the last 2 nights were "best of the best" repeats and both the duck and the octopus were offered ...... and eaten!!!:D

There are wonderful desserts to be sure......but....on our last cruise rather than get a "sweet" treat at the end of the meal I frequently chose the "cheese" course which is also offered as a dessert option each evening. It invariably came with some kind of fruit and was a great way to end the meal.....I will be doing the same on our next trip, it probably helps that I am NOT a chocoholic!!!:D

I ordered Huevos rancheros one morning at breakfast and they were terrific. Great presentation.

Many delicious dinner items. Good burger at lunch one day with bacon jam, I believe.

One thing I liked was that our waiter on Reflection always volunteered the menu from the main dining room for us to glance at, too. I always love the Marcus Samuelson Top Chef BBQ chicken, and was so glad to have that from the main menu one night.

Can't wait until December. Ten days of lovely dinners, our Christmas gift to each other!

There are wonderful desserts to be sure......but....on our last cruise rather than get a "sweet" treat at the end of the meal I frequently chose the "cheese" course which is also offered as a dessert option each evening. It invariably came with some kind of fruit and was a great way to end the meal.....I will be doing the same on our next trip, it probably helps that I am NOT a chocoholic!!!:D

I did not realize this cheese course! See, this is why I read cruise critic!