Anthem Ocean View Balcony - Which Side of Ship?

khank

I just got off the Anthem of the Seas today... I had a Starboard balcony. While in Bermuda, I sat on my balcony and looked out at the dock and the people coming and going from the ship.

I watch the Bermuda webcam a lot. More times than not, the ship pulls up to the dock on the starboard side. That being said, there are always exceptions.

Edited by Monkey30

We have stopped at Bermuda many times on Explorer and now Anthem. EVERY time the port side of the ship faced the royal navy dockyard and starboard faced the island. Another reason for booking starboard side is the outdoor smoking lounge is towards the rear of deck 5 port side.

We have stopped at Bermuda many times on Explorer and now Anthem. EVERY time the port side of the ship faced the royal navy dockyard and starboard faced the island. Another reason for booking starboard side is the outdoor smoking lounge is towards the rear of deck 5 port side.

God I'm getting old. Reverse everything I said above. starboard faces the dockyard and has the smoking lounge. Port faces across the harbor.

• 3 weeks later...

Typically on the Quantum class ships, the Starboard side will be alongside the dock. Unlike many of the other classes of ships, the main gangway area is not the same on both sides on the Quantum class ships. The Starboard side is better suited to efficiently move people on and off the ship. That isn't to say that the Port side will never be at the dock, but typically, they try to tie up on the Starboard Side. Good luck!